Similarities of 1984 and Religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2014, 01:47 AM
Similarities of 1984 and Religion
I often times think of just how much brainwashing religion does. I just finished reading 1984 not too long ago and started noticing a lot of similarities between it and how religion works. I think George Orwells Warning he gave us with his book was NOT the threat of a Government, but a RELIGION. That religion is most likely going to be Christianity that threatens to turn the world into

1. No matter what the party says, it is infallible.

2. If the party Says 2+2=5 than 2+2 never equaled 4. It has always been 5. THERE IS A WHOLE CHAPTER OF OBRAIN GETTING THE MAIN CHARACTER TO TRULY BELIEVE THAT 4 FINGERS BEING HELD UP IS 5. AND THAT 2+2 = 5.....picture to contrast this later....

3. No matter what the party said previously, If it changes, it never changed. For example. If we were in the party and 5 minutes ago, the party told you that we are at war with Eurasia and always have been. That is a fact. Now two seconds from now they tell you we are at war with East Asia and always have been. The new word would replace the old and everyone would instantly believe it.

4. Anything that contradicts itself are both correct. It's called Double Think. When you have two ( or sometimes more ) conflicting things, you accept both as being true at the same time. Example: 1. The sky is made of purple pudding. 2. The sky does not exist and is created from the feet of tiny Asian people.

It does not matter what the contradictions are as they are from the party and there for infallible. Since 100% is infallible, nothing can ever be wrong.

5. If you think differently or act in a different way or try to argue or say or do anything outside of the Parties parameters, you will be punished.

6. In 1984, you can see a clear massive separation of poor and rich people that is nothing like in human history.

7. The party controls every aspect of human life, including reproduction and their thoughts.

8. Scientific Advance is stifled completely. They want nothing more than this as new knowledge is the most dangerous thing to them. If people were smart, they would not exist.

Religion:

1. No matter what the bible / Quran / Torah says, it is infallible. Just like Ingsoc from 1984

2. Remember #2 above?
[Image: bible-quote.jpg]

3. No matter what the books used to say, If it ever changes. It is just that you are "interpreting it wrong" No matter if you take it literally or if you just agree with anyone else, the word changes meanings all the time and its always considered to be true no matter what it says or what you want it to say....just like Ingsoc from 1984.

4. Double Think Applies to the bible as well. Luke, John, Mathew etc. Cannot agree how many people went to Jesus Tomb and what it was like when he ascended or what they saw when they got there. There are thousands of contradictions in the Bible alone and who knows how many falsities in the Quran and Torah. However, Since it is infallible. All of them just accept it all as truth at the same time. Double Think is imbred into these people. I think we should start using the term Double Think on Theists from now on. It suits them perfectly.

5. If you act, say or even THINK of doing a sin. You will be punished. Not just by God but by the people in the church and in some places in the world. It means being stoned to death or decapitated or worst.

6. Religion wants a clear separation of the poor and the wealthy. Even though it does not want to admit it. Why else would they pay no taxes?

7. Religion controls every aspect of peoples lives including their reproduction and what they are allowed to "think" or not to "think".

8.They want nothing more than science to stop. This as new knowledge is the most dangerous thing to them. More Gaps that are filled, the less room there is for them. The smarter the people, the less money they make.

Theists are living Ingsoc members and use Double Think and things very similar to "Weeks of Hate" just like in the book. It is scary how similar Ingsoc is to Christianity.

I believe Orwell's warning was NOT for a totalitarian government. It was for the rise of Christianity dominating the new world like it did the old, but in a far more frightening way.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post
23-08-2014, 01:57 AM
RE: Similarities of 1984 and Religion
(23-08-2014 01:47 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I often times think of just how much brainwashing religion does. I just finished reading 1984 not too long ago and started noticing a lot of similarities between it and how religion works. I think George Orwells Warning he gave us with his book was NOT the threat of a Government, but a RELIGION. That religion is most likely going to be Christianity that threatens to turn the world into

2. If the party Says 2+2=5 than 2+2 never equaled 4. It has always been 5. THERE IS A WHOLE CHAPTER OF OBRAIN GETTING THE MAIN CHARACTER TO TRULY BELIEVE THAT 4 FINGERS BEING HELD UP IS 5. AND THAT 2+2 = 5.....picture to contrast this later....

3. No matter what the party said previously, If it changes, it never changed. For example. If we were in the party and 5 minutes ago, the party told you that we are at war with Eurasia and always have been. That is a fact. Now two seconds from now they tell you we are at war with East Asia and always have been. The new word would replace the old and everyone would instantly believe it.

4. Anything that contradicts itself are both correct. It's called Double Think. When you have two ( or sometimes more ) conflicting things, you accept both as being true at the same time. Example: 1. The sky is made of purple pudding. 2. The sky does not exist and is created from the feet of tiny Asian people.

It does not matter what the contradictions are as they are from the party and there for infallible. Since 100% is infallible, nothing can ever be wrong.

5. If you think differently or act in a different way or try to argue or say or do anything outside of the Parties parameters, you will be punished.

6. In 1984, you can see a clear massive separation of poor and rich people that is nothing like in human history.

7. The party controls every aspect of human life, including reproduction and their thoughts.

8. Scientific Advance is stifled completely. They want nothing more than this as new knowledge is the most dangerous thing to them. If people were smart, they would not exist.

Religion:

1. No matter what the bible / Quran / Torah says, it is infallible. Just like Ingsoc from 1984

2. Remember #2 above?

3. No matter what the books used to say, If it ever changes. It is just that you are "interpreting it wrong" No matter if you take it literally or if you just agree with anyone else, the word changes meanings all the time and its always considered to be true no matter what it says or what you want it to say....just like Ingsoc from 1984.

4. Double Think Applies to the bible as well. Luke, John, Mathew etc. Cannot agree how many people went to Jesus Tomb and what it was like when he ascended or what they saw when they got there. There are thousands of contradictions in the Bible alone and who knows how many falsities in the Quran and Torah. However, Since it is infallible. All of them just accept it all as truth at the same time. Double Think is imbred into these people. I think we should start using the term Double Think on Theists from now on. It suits them perfectly.

5. If you act, say or even THINK of doing a sin. You will be punished. Not just by God but by the people in the church and in some places in the world. It means being stoned to death or decapitated or worst.

6. Religion wants a clear separation of the poor and the wealthy. Even though it does not want to admit it. Why else would they pay no taxes?

7. Religion controls every aspect of peoples lives including their reproduction and what they are allowed to "think" or not to "think".

8.They want nothing more than science to stop. This as new knowledge is the most dangerous thing to them. More Gaps that are filled, the less room there is for them. The smarter the people, the less money they make.

Theists are living Ingsoc members and use Double Think and things very similar to "Weeks of Hate" just like in the book. It is scary how similar Ingsoc is to Christianity.

I believe Orwell's warning was NOT for a totalitarian government. It was for the rise of Christianity dominating the new world like it did the old, but in a far more frightening way.

The book was, and still is, a critique and satire of Communism. However Communism, as implemented in the Soviet Union, was a faux religion built around the State and the Party; it just so happens that they used Christianity as their template, because it works.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
23-08-2014, 08:14 AM
(23-08-2014 01:47 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I often times think of just how much brainwashing religion does. I just finished reading 1984 not too long ago and started noticing a lot of similarities between it and how religion works. I think George Orwells Warning he gave us with his book was NOT the threat of a Government, but a RELIGION. That religion is most likely going to be Christianity that threatens to turn the world into

Religion:

2. Remember #2 above?

I've often considered this myself...
11-09-2014, 04:52 PM
Hitch used a lot of Orwellian language in his debates and speeches. He referred to god as a "celestial North Korea"
Religion has taken on many forms. The ones that latched on to the most survivors kept going, almost like an evolution of ideas. That's kind of what Dawkins referred to when he spoke about memes.
The strongest, most powerful religions are the most oppressive in their true form. This means that any effective totalitarian wants to model their state around religion.
Stalin didn't abolish religion like the apologists want you to think. Yeah, he destroyed a few churches, but he just kept it at a minimum. He wanted as little opposition as he could muster. But he had a Russian Orthodox funeral.
Hitler, as most of us know, was a fervent catholic. 'Nuff said.
Kim Jong Il and Un have been ascribed supernaural abilities, including the ability to read minds, walk on water, and control the weather.

But all of the horrific political regimes in the 20th century were atheist regimes right?

If somebody points out a fallacy, and you call fallacy fallacy, that doesn't mean you are right. That just means you committed the very fallacy you accused your opponent of.
12-09-2014, 06:26 AM
It's been a while since I've used the phrase, but I remember using the term Double Think (I may have said Double Speak) to describe certain aspects of Christianity. The most notable being the Trinity.

Jesus is the son of God. Jesus is God. Or, both!
12-09-2014, 01:25 PM

If such a passage existed in the Bible, I'd get a bunch of $2 notes, offer him two and ask him to change them for a $5...repeatedly.

Think he'd go for it?

Nah, I don't think so either. To quote a line from a Thea Gilmore song: "Is this about hypocrisy? Cause I'm pretty good at that"
14-09-2014, 12:16 PM
...the doctor.....just best....Robin Hood....As if he were a child....in a sword fight....with a spoon.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ