Simple Quote I Posted by Ricky Gervais Causes Mile-long FB Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2013, 08:01 PM
RE: Simple Quote I Posted by Ricky Gervais Causes Mile-long FB Thread
You can't argue with the delusional. They have imagination on their side and all you have is reality.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
11-11-2013, 08:11 PM
(11-11-2013 08:01 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  You can't argue with the delusional. They have imagination on their side and all you have is reality.

Wasn't arguing to change this guy's mind. Hell he wouldn't even click a link. I was arguing for everyone else reading that exchange.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
12-11-2013, 05:14 AM
Amazing...

I have actually become somewhat interested in using facebook for once...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
12-11-2013, 09:15 PM
(11-11-2013 06:31 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-11-2013 06:28 PM)natachan Wrote:  This guy is an engineer? Did I miss something or isn't it a REQUIREMENT to take and pass basic chemistry? If so how can he argue against radiometric dating?

Oh wait, you said this was a Texan. He must have taken the Texas-approved version.

Everything he said was an appeal to ignorance. He came off as a bully to me. That's why I stepped in and started laying the facts down on him. Notice the snide comments he has. Well that and I may have been drinking...
What's interesting is that he texted me and pretty much called my friends bullies. He asked how I "found such assholes for friends."

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
12-11-2013, 09:23 PM
(12-11-2013 09:15 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(11-11-2013 06:31 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Everything he said was an appeal to ignorance. He came off as a bully to me. That's why I stepped in and started laying the facts down on him. Notice the snide comments he has. Well that and I may have been drinking...
What's interesting is that he texted me and pretty much called my friends bullies. He asked how I "found such assholes for friends."

Oh, the Iron E

[Image: Oh+the+Iron+E+_a39cbaa5a231594b21bd3633cf1d4afa.png]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
12-11-2013, 10:04 PM
Simple Quote I Posted by Ricky Gervais Causes Mile-long FB Thread
FWIW - not sure how widespread this phenomenon is, but here goes. I work with engineers (but I'm just lowly QA). A couple of the guys I work with used to work at Rockwell once upon a time. They said they also were stunned to find so many engineers that were believers (and believers in woo to boot). I was also stunned by this news. I think of engineers (electrical and electronic in this case) to rely so heavily on logic that the very same logic seems defied by their beliefs.

Great examples of high-contrast cognitive dissonance?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum