Simple but powerful proof of Jesus Christ.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-03-2017, 04:09 PM
RE: Simple but powerful proof of Jesus Christ.
(13-03-2017 04:04 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  So while Banjo has a point about not attracting attention to, or arguing with, the trolls, I think by avoiding them we're only emboldening them.

I am a martial arts master.

The two situations are nothing alike.

There is no physical danger at play here.

Just intelligent people feeding a troll and wasting their valuable time on this earth.

Time which is short.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2017, 04:21 PM
(13-03-2017 04:09 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(13-03-2017 04:04 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  So while Banjo has a point about not attracting attention to, or arguing with, the trolls, I think by avoiding them we're only emboldening them.

I am a martial arts master.

The two situations are nothing alike.

There is no physical danger at play here.

Just intelligent people feeding a troll and wasting their valuable time on this earth.

Time which is short.

I agree that there's no physical danger here (although I was threatened once in a PM which reads, in its entirety, "I can find out where you live, so if you condescend to me again I will find out where you are and slit your god damned throat, consider that a promise" - that poster was banned shortly afterwards). And you're right, life is short.

I go back and forth on this, even as I sit here. And I have little energy to involve myself with trolls (and bullies). Still, if their bad arguments aren't answered with good arguments - Celestial Wanker's conspiracy theories are a case in point - does that not give them free rein to spew lies as truth? Nobody, at least in the press, called Trump a liar because using that term was considered impolite. I can't help but wonder if things would have turned out differently if they had actually used that word.

Aside: How are you feeling, anyway? Hoping for the best for you.
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
13-03-2017, 05:02 PM
(13-03-2017 04:09 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Just intelligent people feeding a troll and wasting their valuable time on this earth.

Time which is short.

Yes, time is short so you have to enjoy it as much as possible.... which sometimes involves a little troll-baiting mainly for personal amusement

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
13-03-2017, 05:28 PM
(13-03-2017 03:54 PM)Rachel Wrote:  
(10-03-2017 09:25 PM)theBorg Wrote:  God loves all people, but hates their idols. Would you hate it, if I hit you with shit?

I fail to see the equivalency between "sin" and "shit." And the issue isn't even how *I* would feel. The issue is why would an all-loving god hate anything or anyone.

For the record, I believe that this is the first time BorgyAndPess has ever used a bad word (I can see his pain in the post, that's gonna leave a mark.). Bravo Rachel, bravo.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
13-03-2017, 05:40 PM (This post was last modified: 13-03-2017 06:02 PM by JesseB.)
(13-03-2017 05:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-03-2017 03:54 PM)Rachel Wrote:  I fail to see the equivalency between "sin" and "shit." And the issue isn't even how *I* would feel. The issue is why would an all-loving god hate anything or anyone.

For the record, I believe that this is the first time BorgyAndPess has ever used a bad word (I can see his pain in the post, that's gonna leave a mark.). Bravo Rachel, bravo.

I don't like when people call words "bad" why would you define fuck, shit, ect as "bad" a word is a word, and from this perspective the bible is more in line with my thinking than Christians.

I define a word based on how it is used. When a word is used to harm or diminish a person its "bad" that said I don't think anyone is going to hell for doing this. Some people deserved to be called out on their bullshit, and insults are sometimes well earned.

The bible is close... it says that if you say to a person "You fool" you're in danger of the fires of hell.... It also talks about keeping one's speech pure, but in context there's no reason to think its saying anything different than not putting others down. Now the fucked up thing is threatening people with hell for insulting each other. That's just stupid. Yet again an example of the bible taking what COULD be a good lesson and fucking it all up.

Now Christians miss the fucking point entirely, they think its totally ok to harm people with words, as long as you don't say the one's the church defined as "bad." Fucking pathetic... As usual the point goes right over their heads.

Now where did the churches get these "bad" words? OH medieval class warfare, rich vs the poor.... of course.... how pathetically obvious. Rich people didn't say things like "fuck" which was where the word originated ya? only poor people were lowly enough to use such impolite language. It was a social construct, and while I'm pulling all of this from memory, when you look it up I'm not far off here. The church went and added it to its list of tools used to manipulate and control the masses. It's kinda sad.

So I say fuck false pretenses of politeness, that superficial whitewashing of reality is meaningless (says the Nihilist).

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like JesseB's post
13-03-2017, 06:03 PM
(13-03-2017 05:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-03-2017 03:54 PM)Rachel Wrote:  I fail to see the equivalency between "sin" and "shit." And the issue isn't even how *I* would feel. The issue is why would an all-loving god hate anything or anyone.

The Borg trolling forums:

[Image: 157329-mr-poppers-penguins-stop-hitting-yourself.gif]

All he has to do is stop trolling to make it stop.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
13-03-2017, 06:56 PM
(13-03-2017 05:40 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(13-03-2017 05:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  For the record, I believe that this is the first time BorgyAndPess has ever used a bad word (I can see his pain in the post, that's gonna leave a mark.). Bravo Rachel, bravo.

I don't like when people call words "bad" why would you define fuck, shit, ect as "bad" a word is a word, and from this perspective the bible is more in line with my thinking than Christians.

I was just putting it in words he could understand. Meanie.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
13-03-2017, 07:30 PM
(13-03-2017 03:43 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I think conversation over dinner would be very interesting. I'd even take you to see a cover band, such as the Sydney Symphony. Provided of course they played only music by living composers. So sick of "Ghost bands", as Woody Herman referred to them. Smile

Should I find myself in Oz, I will definitely take you up on that offer. Thumbsup

As for our rather strange interlocutor with the ST:TNG avatar, I am finally starting to tire of his wharrgarbl. If he's a Poe, he's no longer entertaining. If he's serious, he needs psychiatric help.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Astreja's post
13-03-2017, 07:37 PM
(13-03-2017 07:30 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Should I find myself in Oz, I will definitely take you up on that offer. Thumbsup

It's a date! Big Grin

Heath, I'm alright mate. Thanks. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
13-03-2017, 10:37 PM
(13-03-2017 03:54 PM)Rachel Wrote:  
(10-03-2017 09:25 PM)theBorg Wrote:  God loves all people, but hates their idols. Would you hate it, if I hit you with shit?

I fail to see the equivalency between "sin" and "shit." And the issue isn't even how *I* would feel. The issue is why would an all-loving god hate anything or anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Jesus Christ does not love sin and does not love the sinners in hell. The Love includes good deeds and the feeling of Love. God always makes good, but hates the sin.