Simple but powerful proof of Jesus Christ.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2017, 09:40 AM
RE: Simple but powerful proof of Jesus Christ.
(15-03-2017 09:20 AM)Astreja Wrote:  I like the way this thread is going. Big Grin

Guitar was the first instrument I tried to learn, back in the Beatlemania days. I was 7, and my parents got me a Silvertone steel-string guitar out of the Sears catalogue. Unfortunately my hands were small and I didn't get very far -- too hard to hold the strings down. I started taking piano a year later, and didn't make progress on guitar till about age 12. Keyboard skills were far in the lead, though, and by the time I was in my late teens I had a multi-keyboard rig (double-manual organ, digital piano, string synth and a couple of analog synths) and was working out keyboard parts from Genesis and other progressive rock bands. Still kept flailing away at guitar, though I never really got beyond "Stairway to Heaven" and "Roundabout." Also took a 2-week course in flute at summer school but only got a few basics.

Many years later I took more music lessons: A year of piano, then a break of over a decade, then 3 years of violin because I wanted to learn something new. I acquired a second-hand clarinet on my way home from violin lessons one night, and eventually dropped violin to concentrate on woodwinds. Currently I have 2 B flat clarinets, an alto clarinet, an alto sax, and this afternoon I'm upgrading to a nicer flute. Future plans involve a bass clarinet, a tenor sax, and an E flat sopranino clarinet, and then unless someone tosses a $7,000 alto flute my way I'll consider the collection complete.

But no double reeds like oboes, English horns or bassoons. You could blow your razzafracking brains out with one of those things.

I just upgraded from my $25 flute. Upgraded only to a secondhand intermediate Yamaha but the difference is pretty major. Congratulations on your new flute!

We have four Bbs, three As, an Eb, and a bass clarinet in the house. Also two flutes, an alto sax, a violin, a bassoon, a piano, a keyboard. Used to have a trombone but lost it to a flood. Next thing I have to get is a piccolo because so many Reed 1 parts are flute/picc/clarinet/alto sax these days.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
15-03-2017, 10:12 AM
Thread realignment complete!
<silent fist pump>
I was just singing one of my favorite songs, Vincent by Don Mclean

[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
15-03-2017, 11:11 AM
Y'know, if I thought theBorg would actually take the lessons and not donate the money to his church, I'd consider starting up a crowd-funder to get him some piano lessons. It'd keep him busy and help organized his scattered thinking.

(15-03-2017 09:40 AM)julep Wrote:  I just upgraded from my $25 flute. Upgraded only to a secondhand intermediate Yamaha but the difference is pretty major. Congratulations on your new flute!

Thanks! It's an almost brand-new student Yamaha, just back from rental. Ooh... shiny...

Quote:We have four Bbs, three As, an Eb, and a bass clarinet in the house. Also two flutes, an alto sax, a violin, a bassoon, a piano, a keyboard. Used to have a trombone but lost it to a flood. Next thing I have to get is a piccolo because so many Reed 1 parts are flute/picc/clarinet/alto sax these days.

Were our houses separated at birth, perchance? Big Grin

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Astreja's post
15-03-2017, 03:29 PM
(15-03-2017 03:16 AM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  
(06-03-2017 07:38 AM)theBorg Wrote:  1) Consider the omniscient being - God.
2) God hates to be non-existent.
3) Therefore, the God exists.

If God does not exist, God can't hate doodlesquat. This is dumb, even for a Christian.

I see your doodlesquat and raise you one ... no two, two poppycock!! Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
15-03-2017, 03:33 PM
All this talk without borgy involved has been pretty refreshing.

My daughter being almost 12 likes popular music so I keep up with what she likes. I've got 5 GoPro Hero 5 black editions mounted around the car and this is one I keep on the dash. I was doing test of it's functionality of its dash cam usages and it caught what my daughter and I do in the car. My daughter sings in the choir and sings very well.

Closer by the Chainsmokers covered by Boyce Ave.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 2 users Like RearViewMirror's post
15-03-2017, 04:16 PM
(15-03-2017 09:20 AM)Astreja Wrote:  I like the way this thread is going. Big Grin

Guitar was the first instrument I tried to learn, back in the Beatlemania days. I was 7, and my parents got me a Silvertone steel-string guitar out of the Sears catalogue. Unfortunately my hands were small and I didn't get very far -- too hard to hold the strings down. I started taking piano a year later, and didn't make progress on guitar till about age 12. Keyboard skills were far in the lead, though, and by the time I was in my late teens I had a multi-keyboard rig (double-manual organ, digital piano, string synth and a couple of analog synths) and was working out keyboard parts from Genesis and other progressive rock bands. Still kept flailing away at guitar, though I never really got beyond "Stairway to Heaven" and "Roundabout." Also took a 2-week course in flute at summer school but only got a few basics.

Many years later I took more music lessons: A year of piano, then a break of over a decade, then 3 years of violin because I wanted to learn something new. I acquired a second-hand clarinet on my way home from violin lessons one night, and eventually dropped violin to concentrate on woodwinds. Currently I have 2 B flat clarinets, an alto clarinet, an alto sax, and this afternoon I'm upgrading to a nicer flute. Future plans involve a bass clarinet, a tenor sax, and an E flat sopranino clarinet, and then unless someone tosses a $7,000 alto flute my way I'll consider the collection complete.

But no double reeds like oboes, English horns or bassoons. You could blow your razzafracking brains out with one of those things.

I'm falling in love with a woman who lives in Canada.

[Image: b09eb8d320b1acc415160148dbbe9967_-head-a...00-213.gif]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
15-03-2017, 04:28 PM
(15-03-2017 04:16 PM)Banjo Wrote:  

I'm falling in love with a woman who lives in Canada.

[Image: b09eb8d320b1acc415160148dbbe9967_-head-a...00-213.gif]

You're prolly not the only one.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like JesseB's post
16-03-2017, 03:59 AM
User Ala, what the questions again? Look how many spammers came here.
16-03-2017, 04:07 AM
(16-03-2017 03:59 AM)theBorg Wrote:  User Ala, what the questions again? Look how many spammers came here.

> Still waiting on your alleged powerful proof of Jesus Christ. Laughat
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post
16-03-2017, 04:11 AM
(16-03-2017 03:59 AM)theBorg Wrote:  User Ala, what the questions again? Look how many spammers came here.

Fuck off you fuckity fuck fuck fuckwit motherfucking arsehole drongo dipshit.

Did I use too many F words you fuckstick?

Fuck off and annoy religious people.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 6 users Like Banjo's post