Simple but powerful proof of Jesus Christ.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2017, 10:12 AM
RE: Simple but powerful proof of Jesus Christ.
awesome links. All those guys needed was an assist from our Banjo Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2017, 10:42 AM
Banjo Wrote:For example I did a style of Karate for 7 years and they would not let me grade. (Get belts)
wouldn't they let you grade?
Banjo Wrote:I know the syllabus to 3rd dan.
I don't understand. Could you, please, explain?
Banjo Wrote:I play many percussion instruments. Music was my career alongside martial arts for many years.
Wow, I admire people who play musical instrument/s. Have you ever heard Russian folk instrument "wooden spoons"? Would it be one of percussion instruments?
My youngest son who is 8 years old loves drums and he takes lessons.
I also forced him to paly piano but he hates to practice. The reason why I gave up was because I didn't want to have nervous break down. So, our piano collects dust now.
P.S. I hope you had good day today. What kind of cancer do you have?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
16-03-2017, 10:48 AM
theBorg Wrote:User Ala, what the questions again?
never mind my questions.

theBorg Wrote:Look how many spammers came here.
spammers?! I don't see any spammers.

[+] 3 users Like Alla's post
16-03-2017, 11:16 AM
(16-03-2017 10:42 AM)Alla Wrote:  My youngest son who is 8 years old loves drums and he takes lessons.
I also forced him to play piano but he hates to practice. The reason why I gave up was because I didn't want to have nervous break down. So, our piano collects dust now.

How about learning to play a few songs yourself, and having your son accompany you on the drums?

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-03-2017, 11:38 AM
(16-03-2017 11:16 AM)Astreja Wrote:  
(16-03-2017 10:42 AM)Alla Wrote:  My youngest son who is 8 years old loves drums and he takes lessons.
I also forced him to play piano but he hates to practice. The reason why I gave up was because I didn't want to have nervous break down. So, our piano collects dust now.

How about learning to play a few songs yourself, and having your son accompany you on the drums?
This would be so wonderful.
I was learning to play piano when my son was taking lessons. I liked it and I did ok until I had to play with both hands. I find it very hard to play with both hands so I lost all faith in myself.
Yes, I admire people who play any musical instrument.

[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
16-03-2017, 12:11 PM
Oh, thank you, Girly! Their rendition, between the guitar work and harmony, was enough to bring a tear to my eye. That's a tough song to do justice to, I think. I appreciate you posting it for us to be able to experience.

Here's one that also moves me, nearly every time I hear it performed.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
16-03-2017, 02:04 PM
(16-03-2017 10:48 AM)Alla Wrote:  
theBorg Wrote:User Ala, what the questions again?
never mind my questions.

theBorg Wrote:Look how many spammers came here.

Off topic garbage is the spam.
16-03-2017, 02:06 PM
(16-03-2017 02:04 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(16-03-2017 10:48 AM)Alla Wrote:  never mind my questions.

LOL Naw, they are just telling you they are done dealing with ya. Later.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
16-03-2017, 02:12 PM
(16-03-2017 02:04 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(16-03-2017 10:48 AM)Alla Wrote:  spammers?! I don't see any spammers.

In most of your threads the opposite is true.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-03-2017, 03:27 PM
(16-03-2017 10:42 AM)Alla Wrote:  Wow, I admire people who play musical instrument/s. Have you ever heard Russian folk instrument "wooden spoons"? Would it be one of percussion instruments?
My youngest son who is 8 years old loves drums and he takes lessons.
I also forced him to paly piano but he hates to practice. The reason why I gave up was because I didn't want to have nervous break down. So, our piano collects dust now.
Wooden spoons sound like percussion to me. Even if you can play tunes on them. There is such a thing as tuned percussions (e.g., xylophone, tuned tympani, etc).

Unlike your son I was compliant (and minimally interested enough) as a child to obediently practice and got fairly good at piano. As an adult I also leaned pipe organ. But at some point I realized I just wasn't motivated (or talented) enough and was just trying to fulfill expectations from my family of origin, so I abandoned it. Don't really miss it. So comfort yourself with that; you can't gin up interest that isn't really there, and eventually you just spend a lot of $$ on lessons that don't "stick".

I think a lot of people find music interesting in between their ears but it breaks down when you try to actually get your fingers / lips / whatever to cooperate with the instrument. I was in love with the IDEA of making music, to be sure, but not enough to survive more than modest difficulties or require more than minimal discipline. Just not my thing. But my parents said I had a "god-given talent" that I HAD to use. Took me into my early 50s to figure out I was just assuming the identity of "musician" because I was SUPPOSED to.

This probably explains why so much religious music in fundamentalism is so dreary and awful.
[+] 1 user Likes mordant's post