Simple but powerful proof of Jesus Christ.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2017, 10:25 AM
RE: Simple but powerful proof of Jesus Christ.
(17-03-2017 10:21 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(17-03-2017 10:08 AM)Alla Wrote:  LOL Hmm, are you talking about Catholic music? it is kind of depressing. But I think there is different reason for that.
Because Catholicism is depressing? Huh

Well, I certainly get depressed if I have to sit through it.

Also, very, very bored.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
17-03-2017, 10:57 AM
(17-03-2017 10:25 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(17-03-2017 10:21 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Because Catholicism is depressing? Huh

Well, I certainly get depressed if I have to sit through it.

Also, very, very bored.

Which Catholic music, though? The dreary hymns that you hear at most modern Catholic Masses are indeed both boring and depressing. However, old-style Catholic music like Gregorian chant or the Masses of people like Josquin, Palestrina, Bach, Mozart, Haydn, Beethoven, etc. can be awesome. I might start going to church again if they had music like that. I would even go to Lutheran services if Bach Cantatas were performed (like they were in Bach's day).
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
17-03-2017, 11:08 AM
(17-03-2017 10:57 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(17-03-2017 10:25 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Well, I certainly get depressed if I have to sit through it.

Also, very, very bored.

Which Catholic music, though? The dreary hymns that you hear at most modern Catholic Masses are indeed both boring and depressing. However, old-style Catholic music like Gregorian chant or the Masses of people like Josquin, Palestrina, Bach, Mozart, Haydn, Beethoven, etc. can be awesome. I might start going to church again if they had music like that. I would even go to Lutheran services if Bach Cantatas were performed (like they were in Bach's day).
Oh yes. I agree with you. Those are great composers.
I love Mozart, but his music is very happy. He wanted to create only happy music. He said that there are too many sad things in life.
The only exception is his Requiem. My favorite part is Lacrimosa. I love Lacrimosa.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 3 users Like Alla's post
17-03-2017, 11:13 AM
(17-03-2017 11:08 AM)Alla Wrote:  Oh yes. I agree with you. Those are great composers.
I love Mozart, but his music is very happy. He wanted to create only happy music. He said that there are too many sad things in life.
The only exception is his Requiem. My favorite part is Lacrimosa. I love Lacrimosa.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
17-03-2017, 11:21 AM
I'm going to see that wonderful cover band the Winnipeg Symphony, plus guest vocalists, perform Mendelssohn's oratorio Elijah next Friday. Thumbsup

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
17-03-2017, 11:25 AM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2017 11:30 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(17-03-2017 10:57 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(17-03-2017 10:25 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Well, I certainly get depressed if I have to sit through it.

Also, very, very bored.

I'm more of a fan of stuff with a strong melody line. I'm a sucker for John Williams and good old school midi chip tunes.

There's a reason why the tunes of early video-games are both so remembered and beloved.

If they started performing the HALO theme, I'd stop and listen.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
18-03-2017, 12:36 AM
Garbage, all garbage.
18-03-2017, 12:40 AM
I heard before that some religious music is designed to put you in a zoned-out overly-receptive state, ready to be preached at and to accept without question. Kind of like adverts do.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-03-2017, 12:46 AM
(18-03-2017 12:36 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Garbage, all garbage.

Did somebody ask for garbage?

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like JesseB's post
18-03-2017, 12:48 AM

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post