Simple but powerful proof of Jesus Christ.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2017, 10:09 AM
RE: Simple but powerful proof of Jesus Christ.
(20-03-2017 10:07 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(20-03-2017 09:16 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Answers on a post-card please.....

Meanwhile back in reality: I repeat -

"holes in space = god" WHY? HOW? WHAT IS YOUR EVIDENCE?
Do you like me?
My thoughts on you personally don't change any potential evidence you have for your answer. I honestly don't know you well enough to make a decision on if I like or dislike you.

All I know is, you talk a lot, but don't back up your answers.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2017, 10:26 AM
(20-03-2017 06:25 AM)theBorg Wrote:  So, you know, what Jesus Christ is right.

So, you know, what Jibbers Crabst is right.

[Image: jibbers.png?v=1431541184]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
20-03-2017, 10:30 AM
(20-03-2017 10:09 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(20-03-2017 10:07 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Do you like me?
My thoughts on you personally don't change any potential evidence you have for your answer. I honestly don't know you well enough to make a decision on if I like or dislike you.

One small step in a time, one small step. First step is not yet made. Have you any reasons to dislike me? What about my negative reputation? Does it influence your ability to think independently?
20-03-2017, 10:36 AM
(20-03-2017 10:30 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(20-03-2017 10:09 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  My thoughts on you personally don't change any potential evidence you have for your answer. I honestly don't know you well enough to make a decision on if I like or dislike you.

One small step in a time, one small step. First step is not yet made. Have you any reasons to dislike me? What about my negative reputation? Does it influence your ability to think independently?
Non of that matters mate.

If you can make a valid argument that makes sense, it would change any potential negative mindset I had, because you've made a "correct" statement with evidence.

Because I already have the mind set of A) I know what a black hole is and B) I don't believe in any god or god(s) and finally C) you have presented no evidence to back up your claim, I think your current statement is bollocks........but the door is open for you to prove me otherwise.

You say "one small step", and what this step should be is this:

You make a statement, and you provide evidence to back it up. If you CAN'T do that, you are clearly going on faith alone, which just isn't enough.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
20-03-2017, 10:49 AM
(20-03-2017 10:36 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(20-03-2017 10:30 AM)theBorg Wrote:  One small step in a time, one small step. First step is not yet made. Have you any reasons to dislike me? What about my negative reputation? Does it influence your ability to think independently?
Non of that matters mate.

If you can make a valid argument that makes sense, it would change any potential negative mindset I had, because you've made a "correct" statement with evidence.
1) the Black Holes do exist in many minds of the Scientists. 2) Black Holes are really the holes in space, because one can not communicate with Earth out of them. 3) Here comes the God of the Gaps!
20-03-2017, 10:54 AM
We've been around the block with Borgo on this subject, Oak. He's convinced that we're disdainful of him because he's a believer, despite all the evidence to the contrary and our careful explanations that it is his behavior, not his belief, that leads us to dislike (and neg-rep) him. Nevertheless, he seems determined to feel like a martyr, even if it takes ignoring reality to convince himself it is so. That's why he's asking what he's asking: in order for him to be a genuine martyr, he has to be "telling The Truth™ to the atheists", who simply react badly to him because we can't stand The Truth™... probably due to our demon possession, you see.

He won't listen when you explain what it takes to be a holder of rational discussions, and why people grow disdainful of anyone who won't speak clearly and rationally, but prefer to spout preformulated programs at us even after they have been roundly debunked. (Edit: He needs it to be about hate, on our part-- hate for him, hate for God, hate for Holy Truth™, whatever, so it's impossible to explain reality to him no matter how much you try.)

He won't listen when you explain what atheism actually is, because it would challenge his warped version of The Truth™. He is incapable of considering any piece of information unless it is first passed through the filter of his belief-program, to test for ideological purity (and/or against heresy), meaning that he is incapable of honestly evaluating any new information. Thus, all you will get are regurgitations of the program, no matter what you have done to debunk, reply to, and/or demonstrate that it is nonsensical. (The language barrier of translating to English is minor, compared to the filter and program output; what you're really seeing is a translation from pure-bat-shit-crazy back into English.)

It's why most of these people mistake him for a troll. I, however, grew up fundamentalist, and I recognize someone who has had their brain assimilated by this malevolent, intellect-destroying religious virus/program.

That's why I say "this is your brain on religion", and see Borgo as a cautionary tale.

I do not hate him. I don't even dislike him, even though I find him deeply annoying and pathetic...

All I really feel is a deep pity for him.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 6 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
20-03-2017, 10:54 AM
Ok right: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hole < Read this, then come back

20-03-2017, 11:09 AM
(20-03-2017 10:54 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Ok right: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hole < Read this, then come back
Don't be a troll.
20-03-2017, 11:14 AM
@ RocketSurgeon76

Yeah I've about given up now. What are the grounds for banning trolls? This person is clearly trolling, despite attempts to get some sort of sense out of them.

20-03-2017, 11:20 AM
(20-03-2017 10:49 AM)theBorg Wrote:  1) the Black Holes do exist in many minds of the Scientists. 2) Black Holes are really the holes in space, because one can not communicate with Earth out of them. 3) Here comes the God of the Gaps!

1) the Soundgarden album do exist in many minds of the Audiophile. 2) Hamster farts are really the holes in cheese, because one can not dance with wolves out of them. 3) Here comes the King of the Backflip!

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]