Simple but powerful proof of Jesus Christ.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2017, 11:21 AM
RE: Simple but powerful proof of Jesus Christ.
(20-03-2017 11:14 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  @ RocketSurgeon76

Yeah I've about given up now. What are the grounds for banning trolls? This person is clearly trolling, despite attempts to get some sort of sense out of them.

It's not clear to me Borg is a troll. Could just be neurochemically impaired. I don't find his posts particularly offensive and at least he don't post walls of text.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-03-2017, 11:24 AM
I'd like to see theBorg gone too. He's incompetent in science and unconvincing in religion. He's apparently stuck in a very infantile stage of human development and wants our attention and approval, but he's not the kind of person I would ever accept as a friend -- or even as an acquaintance. I would never hang out with him, because I value my blood pressure readings infinitely more than the company of such a person.

No, theBorg, I do not like you. Not at all. It has nothing to do with belief or reputation, and everything to do with your utterly inexcusable, shoddy, mendacious behaviour.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Astreja's post
20-03-2017, 11:31 AM
(20-03-2017 11:21 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-03-2017 11:14 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  @ RocketSurgeon76

Yeah I've about given up now. What are the grounds for banning trolls? This person is clearly trolling, despite attempts to get some sort of sense out of them.

It's not clear to me Borg is a troll. Could just be neurochemically impaired. I don't find his posts particularly offensive and at least he don't post walls of text.

Its a questionable one.

I would say this: Borg "knows" what a troll is, hence the statement "Don't be a troll." when we try and link him/her to commonly know stuff, and will only do so when pointed towards something he should/does know that contradicts his arguments. This comes at a time of us trying to prove them factually incorrect or when we point out they are the troll themselves.

Therefore you get him saying "lol don't be a troll" when it's him clearly trolling us. Not for me to decide, but I would say the evidence is there.

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
20-03-2017, 12:23 PM
(20-03-2017 10:54 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  We've been around the block with Borgo on this subject, Oak. He's convinced that we're disdainful of him because he's a believer, despite all the evidence to the contrary and our careful explanations that it is his behavior, not his belief, that leads us to dislike (and neg-rep) him. Nevertheless, he seems determined to feel like a martyr, even if it takes ignoring reality to convince himself it is so. That's why he's asking what he's asking: in order for him to be a genuine martyr, he has to be "telling The Truth™ to the atheists", who simply react badly to him because we can't stand The Truth™... probably due to our demon possession, you see.

He won't listen when you explain what it takes to be a holder of rational discussions, and why people grow disdainful of anyone who won't speak clearly and rationally, but prefer to spout preformulated programs at us even after they have been roundly debunked. (Edit: He needs it to be about hate, on our part-- hate for him, hate for God, hate for Holy Truth™, whatever, so it's impossible to explain reality to him no matter how much you try.)

He won't listen when you explain what atheism actually is, because it would challenge his warped version of The Truth™. He is incapable of considering any piece of information unless it is first passed through the filter of his belief-program, to test for ideological purity (and/or against heresy), meaning that he is incapable of honestly evaluating any new information. Thus, all you will get are regurgitations of the program, no matter what you have done to debunk, reply to, and/or demonstrate that it is nonsensical. (The language barrier of translating to English is minor, compared to the filter and program output; what you're really seeing is a translation from pure-bat-shit-crazy back into English.)

It's why most of these people mistake him for a troll. I, however, grew up fundamentalist, and I recognize someone who has had their brain assimilated by this malevolent, intellect-destroying religious virus/program.

That's why I say "this is your brain on religion", and see Borgo as a cautionary tale.

I do not hate him. I don't even dislike him, even though I find him deeply annoying and pathetic...

All I really feel is a deep pity for him.

You know.... one of my best friends is coming to visit soon from Texas. He's Catholic, I have never judged him based on his religious belief system. I judge him based off the quality and structure of his thoughts, his ability to talk about various challenging topics without getting upset. And how funny, fun, and cool I think he is. he's earned my respect which is required to be one of my best friends. He's never tried to proselytize me, and even occasionally listens to me gripe about religious folk.

In short. He's as good a man as I've ever found, so he is my friend.

@shmrogasborg Your neg rep doesn't influence my judgment of you. Your posts do. Grow up.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like JesseB's post
20-03-2017, 01:00 PM
I've been giving this a lot of thought this afternoon. As much fun as it is to think of something new, obnoxious and occasionally witty to say, I'm going to take to heart some advice given to me earlier in the thread.

This really is a waste of time. There simply aren't enough cat videos and silly song lyrics in the world to make up for the pain of trying to get through to someone as willfully broken as theBorg.

I recuse myself from further participation in this thread and am putting theBorg on ignore, effective immediately.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Astreja's post
20-03-2017, 01:14 PM
(20-03-2017 01:00 PM)Astreja Wrote:  ......... am putting theBorg on ignore, effective immediately.
Oh goodness! I have joined the Jesus Christ on your black list! Smile
20-03-2017, 01:18 PM
(20-03-2017 11:31 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  ............
Therefore you get him saying "lol don't be a troll" when it's him clearly trolling us. Not for me to decide, but I would say the evidence is there.
One can not communicate with the people inside the Black Hole. It is violation of the Physics. So, we are left with divine.
20-03-2017, 01:31 PM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2017 01:34 PM by JesseB.)
(20-03-2017 01:14 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(20-03-2017 01:00 PM)Astreja Wrote:  ......... am putting theBorg on ignore, effective immediately.
Oh goodness! I have joined the Jesus Christ on your black list! Smile

Stop being a dick. Seriously. It's ok to have a dick, its not ok to be a dick. Piss off fucker.

Stop shitting on our springy goddess. She's done nothing to you. I've said it before, I'll say it once more. This is not ok.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
20-03-2017, 01:33 PM
(20-03-2017 01:18 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(20-03-2017 11:31 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  ............
One can not communicate with the people inside the Black Hole. It is violation of the Physics. So, we are left with divine.

1. I highly doubt you have any idea what you just said
2. No reason to think that if your statement were true that any "divine" would be needed.
3. Yup, god of the gaps.

Big Grin
20-03-2017, 01:39 PM
(20-03-2017 01:14 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Oh goodness! I have joined the Jesus Christ on your black list! Smile

Here is the proof of the phenomenon I was describing, before.

He needs us to hate him. It's psychological candy to his martyr complex, which he believes is proof that he'd practicing his cult beliefs blind faith correctly.

It's why I say he is pathetic, and not simply annoying. It's also why I think he's on the "not a troll" side of being a Poe. He is, in my opinion, the genuine article: someone whose religion has so corrupted their thinking processes that they seem like they're screwing with us, whenever they speak/type.

(The "don't troll" comment I chalk up to not quite grasping what we're saying, when people label him a troll, and just reading it as a term akin to "liar"-- which he was then trying to flip back at us as if he had "turned the tables", so to speak.)

As I said, before: This Is Your Brain On Religion.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post