Simple but powerful proof of Jesus Christ.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2017, 12:40 PM
RE: Simple but powerful proof of Jesus Christ.
Quote:Its easy to figure out who Jesus was. It explains it in the New Testament. He was a descendent of the House of David and of Adam. He was the King of Kings. So, you're looking for the "heir" to this royal line.

Yeah... and guess what? Luke Skywalker turned out to be the son of Darth Vader. The one thing about fiction is you can make it be whatever the fuck you want it to be.

This was always an amusing take from Richard Carrier's "On The Historicity of Jesus."

Quote:In 1945 Betty Crocker was rated in a national survey as the second most
admired woman in America, and to this day a street is named after her
in Golden Valley, Minnesota, where she still lives. Her father was William
Crocker, a successful corporate executive in the food industry, and she
started her career answering letters on cooking questions for her father's
company, then acquired her own national radio show where she delivered
cooking advice for twenty-four years. Later she had her own television
show, while making appearances on other TV shows and in TV commercials
to promote her products. I've seen actual video tapes of her cooking
and speaking, and her picture still adorns various General Mills baking
products. She has also pub I ished several cookbooks, and now has her own
Website. All that is I 00 percent true. And yet she doesn't exist. She was
never born, never lived, never spoke, never appeared on TV, and never
wrote a word. Others simply wrote or appeared in her name.

I bet fucking jesus couldn't even bake.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
21-03-2017, 12:54 PM
(21-03-2017 12:40 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:Its easy to figure out who Jesus was. It explains it in the New Testament. He was a descendent of the House of David and of Adam. He was the King of Kings. So, you're looking for the "heir" to this royal line.

Yeah... and guess what? Luke Skywalker turned out to be the son of Darth Vader. The one thing about fiction is you can make it be whatever the fuck you want it to be.

This was always an amusing take from Richard Carrier's "On The Historicity of Jesus."

Quote:In 1945 Betty Crocker was rated in a national survey as the second most
admired woman in America, and to this day a street is named after her
in Golden Valley, Minnesota, where she still lives. Her father was William
Crocker, a successful corporate executive in the food industry, and she
started her career answering letters on cooking questions for her father's
company, then acquired her own national radio show where she delivered
cooking advice for twenty-four years. Later she had her own television
show, while making appearances on other TV shows and in TV commercials
to promote her products. I've seen actual video tapes of her cooking
and speaking, and her picture still adorns various General Mills baking
products. She has also pub I ished several cookbooks, and now has her own
Website. All that is I 00 percent true. And yet she doesn't exist. She was
never born, never lived, never spoke, never appeared on TV, and never
wrote a word. Others simply wrote or appeared in her name.

I bet fucking jesus couldn't even bake.

I mean.... he does know that jesus had several different lineages placed in the bible.

Funny thing is, none of the family tree's presented were able to line up with all the different prophesies attributed to him. So... his lineage changes based on what prophesy you want to apply at that moment. I mean, his quote "its easy to know who jesus is" just seems strange to me, wouldn't you agree Minimalist?

Almost as if shmorgasborg has no idea what he's talking about... strange eh?

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
21-03-2017, 12:55 PM
(21-03-2017 11:19 AM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  
(21-03-2017 09:30 AM)John Derderian Wrote:  Pose your question intelligibly, and maybe I'll try to answer it. I say "maybe" because a real answer may require more understanding of General Relativity than you appear to have, based on my imperfect understanding of your question.

In other words, just because you can ask a question doesn't mean you can understand the answer. Hobo

Part of what drives the popularity of theism are the simple answers to simple questions.

Meaning in meaningless is also a plus. Also calling my infatuation with Gwyneth religious nonsense is a whole basket of pluses. Laugh out load

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
21-03-2017, 02:21 PM
(21-03-2017 12:13 PM)theBorg Wrote:  All is perfect: I have the Degree in the Theoretical Physics. Outside observer never registers the probe entrance into BH. But in own time-line the probe enters BH. What when happens to outside observer (and the outside Universe) in this event? Will he at least be dead? Shocking
Thanks for the restatement of the question. I think I understand your intent now and can answer.

What degree do you have (that is, Ph.D, Masters, Bachelors, something else)? In what branch of Theoretical Physics did you do your work? At what institution? Did your college work include any formal study of General Relativity?

To answer your question: The question is meaningless. A fundamental feature of all Relativity physics is that there is no true simultaneity between events at different locations. Strictly speaking, you can't say what happens at one place at the same time something else happens far enough away. This is the "relative" part of relativity.

For many situations, speeds far below light speed and gravity fields that are not too large (i.e., what we tend to think of as normal conditions in our human world), we can treat things as though simultaneity does in fact exist, and get the right answers. But the event horizon of a black hole is the most extreme opposite case, where inside and outside are so different that there is no common time scale possible. It literally makes no sense to ask what happens outside the event horizon "when" something else happens inside it.

You have asked exactly this question twice now that I asked you to clarify. It suggests that either (a.) you don't know the rudiments of GR or understand black holes beyond the Wikipedia level (which is why I ask about your actual study) or (b.) you understand the paradox hidden in the question and dishonestly ask it, as a gotcha question for someone who doesn't know the field well enough to see through it.

Which is it? I'm leaning towards (a.), mostly because I find it unlikely that someone who had really studied the relevant physics would actually say
(21-03-2017 12:44 AM)theBorg Wrote:  The message, which goes into black hole, will arrive at the surface of BH (the event horizon) in infinite distant future of cosmos. Such area is unnatural (un-physical).
[+] 5 users Like John Derderian's post
21-03-2017, 02:28 PM
(21-03-2017 02:21 PM)John Derderian Wrote:  
(21-03-2017 12:13 PM)theBorg Wrote:  All is perfect: I have the Degree in the Theoretical Physics. Outside observer never registers the probe entrance into BH. But in own time-line the probe enters BH. What when happens to outside observer (and the outside Universe) in this event? Will he at least be dead? Shocking
Thanks for the restatement of the question. I think I understand your intent now and can answer.

What degree do you have (that is, Ph.D, Masters, Bachelors, something else)? In what branch of Theoretical Physics did you do your work? At what institution? Did your college work include any formal study of General Relativity?

To answer your question: The question is meaningless. A fundamental feature of all Relativity physics is that there is no true simultaneity between events at different locations. Strictly speaking, you can't say what happens at one place at the same time something else happens far enough away. This is the "relative" part of relativity.

For many situations, speeds far below light speed and gravity fields that are not too large (i.e., what we tend to think of as normal conditions in our human world), we can treat things as though simultaneity does in fact exist, and get the right answers. But the event horizon of a black hole is the most extreme opposite case, where inside and outside are so different that there is no common time scale possible. It literally makes no sense to ask what happens outside the event horizon "when" something else happens inside it.

You have asked exactly this question twice now that I asked you to clarify. It suggests that either (a.) you don't know the rudiments of GR or understand black holes beyond the Wikipedia level (which is why I ask about your actual study) or (b.) you understand the paradox hidden in the question and dishonestly ask it, as a gotcha question for someone who doesn't know the field well enough to see through it.

Which is it? I'm leaning towards (a.), mostly because I find it unlikely that someone who had really studied the relevant physics would actually say
(21-03-2017 12:44 AM)theBorg Wrote:  The message, which goes into black hole, will arrive at the surface of BH (the event horizon) in infinite distant future of cosmos. Such area is unnatural (un-physical).

Well.... that and I've never seen anyone at a high level of academia with such poor language skills >.>

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
21-03-2017, 02:35 PM
(21-03-2017 02:28 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Well.... that and I've never seen anyone at a high level of academia with such poor language skills >.>
Well, I don't know anything about him, so I allow for the possibility that he's not a native English speaker. But if English is his first language and he's not faking the poor language here, then yes, he is not someone who earned a physics degree in any accredited English-speaking institution.
[+] 1 user Likes John Derderian's post
21-03-2017, 02:54 PM
(21-03-2017 02:21 PM)John Derderian Wrote:  You have asked exactly this question twice now that I asked you to clarify. It suggests that either (a.) you don't know the rudiments of GR or understand black holes beyond the Wikipedia level (which is why I ask about your actual study) or (b.) you understand the paradox hidden in the question and dishonestly ask it, as a gotcha question for someone who doesn't know the field well enough to see through it.

I wouldn't give him the benefit of a doubt:

Is the future predetermined

As far as I can tell, he actually meant what he posted in post 53.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
21-03-2017, 03:00 PM
(21-03-2017 12:13 PM)theBorg Wrote:  All is perfect: I have the Degree in the Theoretical Physics. Outside observer never registers the probe entrance into BH. But in own time-line the probe enters BH. What when happens to outside observer (and the outside Universe) in this event? Will he at least be dead?

That answers that.
You entered the BH (butt hole) of the Jesus, and never got out.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
21-03-2017, 03:05 PM
(21-03-2017 02:35 PM)John Derderian Wrote:  
(21-03-2017 02:28 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Well.... that and I've never seen anyone at a high level of academia with such poor language skills >.>
Well, I don't know anything about him, so I allow for the possibility that he's not a native English speaker. But if English is his first language and he's not faking the poor language here, then yes, he is not someone who earned a physics degree in any accredited English-speaking institution.
IIRC per his profile (can't easily hunt it down as I have him blocked presently) he is eastern European, so not a native English speaker. But if you really care about being clear, his unusually poor grammar and odd reflexive verbal tics like sprinkling superfluous instances of the word "the" all over the place, certainly doesn't make sense for someone with the intelligence to have a physics degree. It implies a lack of rigor may be present in other areas as well. Of course, it may simply be his interests are compartmentalized and his sloppy English is of no more consequence than not making his bed or letting dishes pile up in the sink. In other words it may simply reflect eccentricity. But it is certainly terrible packaging / marketing for ideas, and for someone who professes to trade in ideas, he should up his game considerably if he expects to be persuasive.

And this is just presentation and grammar, don't get me started on the quality of his actual arguments.
[+] 1 user Likes mordant's post
21-03-2017, 03:36 PM
(21-03-2017 03:05 PM)mordant Wrote:  
(21-03-2017 02:35 PM)John Derderian Wrote:  Well, I don't know anything about him, so I allow for the possibility that he's not a native English speaker. But if English is his first language and he's not faking the poor language here, then yes, he is not someone who earned a physics degree in any accredited English-speaking institution.
IIRC per his profile (can't easily hunt it down as I have him blocked presently) he is eastern European, so not a native English speaker. But if you really care about being clear, his unusually poor grammar and odd reflexive verbal tics like sprinkling superfluous instances of the word "the" all over the place, certainly doesn't make sense for someone with the intelligence to have a physics degree. It implies a lack of rigor may be present in other areas as well. Of course, it may simply be his interests are compartmentalized and his sloppy English is of no more consequence than not making his bed or letting dishes pile up in the sink. In other words it may simply reflect eccentricity. But it is certainly terrible packaging / marketing for ideas, and for someone who professes to trade in ideas, he should up his game considerably if he expects to be persuasive.

And this is just presentation and grammar, don't get me started on the quality of his actual arguments.

I always thought my bizarre placement of commas, and apostrophes, and occasionally random capitalized words were signs of my eccentricity.... Should I also add those to the list?

(To be fair I do know better. I push to get my posts out quickly, edit half of them later, then say fuck it its good enough lol. I learned to do that because I used to be so much of a perfectionist I never got anything done!)

Big Grin