Simple but powerful proof of Jesus Christ.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2017, 04:56 PM
RE: Simple but powerful proof of Jesus Christ.
(23-03-2017 12:56 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(23-03-2017 08:57 AM)theBorg Wrote:  ...Consider a closed box with creatures inside. Suppose during some time they made useful work, but now the amount of free-energy has decreased to zero.

Nope. Totally erroneous. The energy inside your hypothetical box is conserved for an infinite period. In all its forms, energy simply [sic] transforms from one form to another.

—I'm guessing you don't understand what "free energy" is.

I'm guessing he doesn't know what a box is.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-03-2017, 06:31 PM
[Image: dddaef3e7e7d7d8968ee8523eb639e97_whats-i...-1085.jpeg]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 4 users Like Commonsensei's post
23-03-2017, 07:16 PM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2017 07:20 PM by Free Thought.)
(23-03-2017 08:57 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(23-03-2017 03:21 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Life does not decrease entropy.
Dear friends, look here. Consider a closed box with creatures inside. Suppose during some time they made useful work, but now the amount of free-energy has decreased to zero. What was left is 1) increased heat, 2) the paintings, the books, the holy icons, the holy churches.

The creatures now have switched in the many thermopiles, which are converting the heat into the charge of the power batteries. With this free energy they have made more paintings, the books, the holy icons, the holy churches. New design examples. So, the total entropy inside the box is decreasing. If, the creatures are not making wars.

Free energy is by definition the work that can be done in a given system, represented as a equivalent thermodynamic quantity; if that quantity is zero, no work can be done as there is no energy to do the work. This would mean that there is no heat in the box to convert to electrical energy.

And yeah, that's a nice dodge there, totally ignoring the entire rest of my reply to you. Now how about you respond to the rest of my post? I can repost it if you have forgotten since you last edited around my supporting statements.

(Edit: clarification: if my interpretation of the definition is incorrect, I ask more knowledgeable people step in an correct me; I fully admit thermodynamics and entropy are not within my bounds of expertise... not that I have any expertise that is)

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-03-2017, 12:15 PM
(23-03-2017 07:16 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  ........ This would mean that there is no heat in the box to convert to electrical energy.
What are the thermopiles for? Consider
24-03-2017, 12:30 PM
(24-03-2017 12:15 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(23-03-2017 07:16 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  ........ This would mean that there is no heat in the box to convert to electrical energy.

You introduced thermopiles. How come you don't know why or for what purpose?

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

24-03-2017, 12:34 PM
(22-03-2017 10:53 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Copy and paste from Wikipedia, please.

Here.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
24-03-2017, 12:37 PM

Oh for the love of satan, thermopiles are some of the oldest organisms on earth, next it will be if monkeys become.human how are there still monkeys, # Borg is sad and pathetic.
24-03-2017, 12:39 PM

To ruin Christmas.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
24-03-2017, 02:13 PM
Well at least Borgy moved past the whole "true god" wording. And Alla was surprisingly a voice of reason. Maybe there is hope.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
24-03-2017, 02:13 PM
(24-03-2017 12:37 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 12:15 PM)theBorg Wrote:  What are the thermopiles for? Consider

Oh for the love of satan, thermopiles are some of the oldest organisms on earth, next it will be if monkeys become.human how are there still monkeys, # Borg is sad and pathetic.

No, they're not. They're electrical devices for converting thermal energy into electrical. They are not organisms.