Simply put, The Baseball Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2012, 08:26 AM
Simply put, The Baseball Thread
Sorry, Quid, I couldn't let our only Baseball thread be about the Diamondbacks exclusively.

So, to continue the smack talk, yes, your puny snakes are 5-1, but as you have already put it so elegantly, the Dodgers are 6-1, bitch! Big Grin

But as to the NL being better than the AL, I think many would disagree, based on statistics. Tongue Besides, if I dissed the AL, I'd be giving grief to the only team I love more than the Dodgers...

[Image: seattle_mariners137.png]

Although I'm Old School, so I still dig
[Image: 2278.gif]

Opening month of Baseball...it truly is the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!!!!!!!!!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2012, 08:40 AM
RE: Simply put, The Baseball Thread
AL's better. Tongue

Sports are just an excuse to argue and drink beer. I don't need an excuse. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
13-04-2012, 08:41 AM
(13-04-2012 08:40 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  AL's better. Tongue

Sports are just an excuse to argue and drink beer. I don't need an excuse. Big Grin
Amen, Doc Hoc. Amen. Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
14-04-2012, 10:47 AM
This is one of the coolest baseball stories I've ever heard:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/rockies/2012...ent/11453/

14-04-2012, 11:02 AM
So, as baseball fans are you also fans of Field of Dreams? It was filmed on two farms outside of my hometown. The owners (at that time) of those farms were clients of my dad's.

I like to watch the movie now and then because I not only recognize the area but many of the ghost players are guys I went to school with.

Oh, and my son was a hell of a shortstop till he blew out his knees playing football.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
14-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Field of Dreams is a nice feel-good movie. Is there still a baseball diamond there?

It's too bad about your son's knee, but what was he thinking by playing short-stop in a football game???

14-04-2012, 11:10 AM
Yes the field is still there as well as the house shown in the movie. It has actually recently been sold to a group that want to make it into a baseball camp facility.

HAHA...he played both baseball and football (as a receiver) although his baseball coaches from little league on up tried to talk him out of it.

After blown knee number one he came back and played shortstop and still kicked butt. After knee two, he moved to right field. He did have to miss his senior year of football although he played baseball that year.

He was an at-will base runner and a good hitter, often batting clean up. He just turned 25 and says somedays his knees feel like he's 80.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
14-04-2012, 11:12 AM
(14-04-2012 11:10 AM)Anjele Wrote:  He was an at-will base runner and a good hitter, often batting clean up. He just turned 25 and says somedays his knees feel like he's 80.
Aw, that really sucks. My knees feel like I'm 80, but I'm nearly twice his age. Hobo

15-04-2012, 03:31 PM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2012 06:26 PM by GirlyMan.)
Reds over the Nats 8-5 in 11. Would've preferred to see the Nats win but it was one hell of a game. Smile

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-04-2012, 10:03 PM
(15-04-2012 03:31 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Reds over the Nats 8-5 in 11. Would've preferred to see the Nats win but it was one hell of a game. Smile
I need to get out your way this summer and try me one of them there 8 pound StrasBurgers! (Hold the fries).

[Image: strasburgereat0412e.jpg?uuid=QvL4sIUdEeGFhena310yKw]

[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post