Sin & why anybody can enter heaven

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2017, 05:36 PM
RE: Sin & why anybody can enter heaven
(10-01-2017 12:48 PM)Cypher44 Wrote:  I've heard this from a young age that Jesus died for our sins and when you sin, you'll be forgiven if you're truly sorry.

Wait.. So the suffering you've caused becomes inconsequential??

In my humble opinion, that's not exactly sensible

Wait a second...

Jesus the Son is God
and God the Father is God
and God is wrathful because of your sins
and if you haven't sinned then He's pissed at you because of Original Sin
which is a whole other story where God lies, the serpent tells the truth and the humans get evicted from Eden because God's scared of the competition
so God sacrifices Himself to Himself to appease Himself
except He doesn't die
He comes back and then ascends bodily into heaven
so really He just rented Himself to Himself cheap for the weekend

And that was the bit that didn't seem sensible?!?

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Paleophyte's post
10-01-2017, 07:56 PM
(10-01-2017 12:48 PM)Cypher44 Wrote:  I've heard this from a young age that Jesus died for our sins and when you sin, you'll be forgiven if you're truly sorry.

So... in short, you are exonerated of your sin only if you actually attempt to fix the mess you might've made.
So how are these two statements different? They are just different ways of saying the same thing.

You are asking the wrong questions in the wrong place. No one here is going to debate theology with you unless you first substantiate the existence of your particular deity. You have no idea, I suspect, what a difficult undertaking that is when you are talking to people who have decent evidentiary standards. Or how impossible it is when your deity is specifically imagined in a way that's not falsifiable.
11-01-2017, 02:49 AM
(10-01-2017 12:48 PM)Cypher44 Wrote:  Blah blah...

If you read the book, no longer will you need to ask such questions.

Kinda easy. Dodgy

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.