Sin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2013, 09:11 PM
RE: Sin
(11-12-2013 07:37 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Bucky Ball, this is someone who is completely devoid of curiosity. It's been my experience that people without curiosity remain shuttered, ignorant and unschooled in anything except what what's been fed to them. What's worse is that I find this type of person uninteresting and boring. To me there is no excuse for being dull. It's just dreadful.

Oh well. Archaeology has disproven all that stuff. Sort of sad to put your fingers in your ears and go "lalalalalalalalalala". Just proves my theory. It's about a psychological NEEDS, not really about religion.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2013, 09:21 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2013 09:27 PM by childeye.)
(11-12-2013 07:37 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 06:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Noah was a complete myth, and was Abraham, and Moses, and Adam. The entire thing (flood) was "appropriated" from the Epic of Gilgamesh. There was no world-wide flood. There are MANY ways to prove that. Obviously you have NO CLUE about the actual history of world religions, and how and where and why they arose. No "one source". What's the deal with you preaching that ignorant fundie crap here ? What is your education level ?

Bucky Ball, this is someone who is completely devoid of curiosity. It's been my experience that people without curiosity remain shuttered, ignorant and unschooled in anything except what what's been fed to them. What's worse is that I find this type of person uninteresting and boring. To me there is no excuse for being dull. It's just dreadful.
You and buckyball are no better than anyone else. So why do you to talk about Alla the way you do?
11-12-2013, 09:22 PM
(10-12-2013 06:41 PM)Alla Wrote:  My religion doesn't teach what you think it teaches.

Then identify what your Beligion is, instead of hiding behind a wall of vagueness and word salad. Or shut the fuck up.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
11-12-2013, 09:25 PM
(11-12-2013 10:58 AM)childeye Wrote:  Your rant is nothing to be sorry for. You are just being honest. We all have felt this way I suspect. However, you are mistaken on some points. For one thing, I don't think your scripture interpretation is accurate. This is what you have gotten right in my view. God is the best in ourselves. You are saying no different than what scripture says; The Word of God is the Light of man. By the way, the Word the scripture is referring to is not the bible.

Word salad much?

11-12-2013, 09:27 PM
(11-12-2013 11:42 AM)childeye Wrote:  For the woman, bearing a child in pain is not unlike the pain that God goes through in bringing forth His children.

Guess how I know you made that up.

11-12-2013, 09:30 PM
(11-12-2013 11:04 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 12:06 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The damn myth was a common myth in the ancient Near east. It had nothing to do with ingesting apples. What they were fascinated with, was chaos and order. (See ALL the Sumerian myths ... Marduk. What the fuck did Marduk "slay" ? The Dragon of Chaos, whose name was Tiamet). What was the name of the damn tree ? The "tree of the KNOWLEDGE of (BOTH) good AND evil). An attempt to "encompass" *opposites*. That's "chaos", (retold in the Hebrew myth). Only a deity could "encompass opposites". Humans must make choices. The sin was not eating the apple, but the attempt to attain divine status, (and "know" both). Take some fucking Comparative Mythology for fuck sake.

Isn't there a similar myth among the Indigenous People of N. America? Chaos and Order are dealt with in a similar manner?

I'll have to read up on that, or ask. I do sort of remember something about that.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
11-12-2013, 09:33 PM
(11-12-2013 09:25 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 10:58 AM)childeye Wrote:  Your rant is nothing to be sorry for. You are just being honest. We all have felt this way I suspect. However, you are mistaken on some points. For one thing, I don't think your scripture interpretation is accurate. This is what you have gotten right in my view. God is the best in ourselves. You are saying no different than what scripture says; The Word of God is the Light of man. By the way, the Word the scripture is referring to is not the bible.

Word salad much?
Are you asking me to explain something I said?
11-12-2013, 09:33 PM
(11-12-2013 09:21 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 07:37 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Bucky Ball, this is someone who is completely devoid of curiosity. It's been my experience that people without curiosity remain shuttered, ignorant and unschooled in anything except what what's been fed to them. What's worse is that I find this type of person uninteresting and boring. To me there is no excuse for being dull. It's just dreadful.
You and buckyball are no better than anyone else. So why do you to talk about Alla the way you do?

They are certainly better than a credulous drone bleating mindless word salad about their silly superstitions -- and making up as they go along to boot, like you and "Alla".

11-12-2013, 09:34 PM
(11-12-2013 09:33 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 09:25 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Word salad much?
Are you asking me to explain something I said?

Do you have any idea what the term "word salad" means? Google is your Friend.

11-12-2013, 09:35 PM
(11-12-2013 09:27 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 11:42 AM)childeye Wrote:  For the woman, bearing a child in pain is not unlike the pain that God goes through in bringing forth His children.

Guess how I know you made that up.
Ah a trick question. Let me see. Is it because you were present when the universe was created?