Sin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-12-2013, 09:06 AM
RE: Sin
(14-12-2013 04:50 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(14-12-2013 03:45 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Personally? I see it as bad storytelling that doesn't make sense. The tree was supposed to give them knowledge of good and evil, and somehow, they found out that being naked was bad. It seems like something tacked on in the middle of the story as an afterthought.
OK. I agree that You can explain it this way.
But it can be interpreted another way: they were innocent like little children.
Innocent little children would not have sex. Their eyes are not opened yet. It means they have no understanding of certain things.

But if nakedness was "bad", why didn't God tell them to put on clothes? He told them to eat from the tree because it's "bad".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-12-2013, 08:38 PM
(15-12-2013 09:06 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(14-12-2013 04:50 PM)Alla Wrote:  OK. I agree that You can explain it this way.
But it can be interpreted another way: they were innocent like little children.
Innocent little children would not have sex. Their eyes are not opened yet. It means they have no understanding of certain things.

But if nakedness was "bad", why didn't God tell them to put on clothes? He told them to eat from the tree because it's "bad".
Nakedness as itself is neutral (neither bad nor good) But nakedness can be used in a right way or in a wrong way.
Example: good: wife and husband enjoy being intimate/naked.
bad: show your body for attention

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
16-12-2013, 06:57 AM
(15-12-2013 08:38 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(15-12-2013 09:06 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  But if nakedness was "bad", why didn't God tell them to put on clothes? He told them to eat from the tree because it's "bad".
Nakedness as itself is neutral (neither bad nor good) But nakedness can be used in a right way or in a wrong way.

I'm about done with watching you proselytize in every thread I read. Talk about TROLL.

Alla on ignore. Anyone else?

[Image: d3fe8120.jpg]

crissakes.............. same regurgitated vague crap over and over word salad.........

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
16-12-2013, 07:27 AM
(16-12-2013 06:57 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(15-12-2013 08:38 PM)Alla Wrote:  Nakedness as itself is neutral (neither bad nor good) But nakedness can be used in a right way or in a wrong way.

I'm about done with watching you proselytize in every thread I read. Talk about TROLL.

crissakes.............. same regurgitated vague crap over and over word salad.........

Nope, I find Alla hilarious between the incomprehensible word salad to the appeal to authority (and even better then denying she made the appeal) to the unwillingness to discuss anything of any substance about her religion. She is laugh a minute and a great example of the bury your head in the sand type of religious person. I'm sure there are some people reading this board that have to deal with people in their lives that are just like Alla and I think we have given a good formula mix in a little biting humor with some hard facts and watch them run away.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
16-12-2013, 08:17 AM
(15-12-2013 08:38 PM)Alla Wrote:  Nakedness as itself is neutral (neither bad nor good) But nakedness can be used in a right way or in a wrong way.
Okay.. let's see how about you answer my simple questions ?

What is "Good" and what is "bad' ? how do you define them ?
16-12-2013, 10:56 AM
(16-12-2013 08:17 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  
Okay.. let's see how about you answer my simple questions ?

What is "Good" and what is "bad' ? how do you define them ?
everybody has own standard of what "good" and "bad" is.
I gave my examples of how nakedness can be used in a good way or in a bad way.

16-12-2013, 10:58 AM
(16-12-2013 06:57 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  

I don't mind if you(Witch Sabrina) ignore me. Please ignore me.

16-12-2013, 11:50 AM
(15-12-2013 08:38 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(15-12-2013 09:06 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  But if nakedness was "bad", why didn't God tell them to put on clothes? He told them to eat from the tree because it's "bad".

So, why did they, while just standing there, suddenly become aware of their nakedness and decide to put clothes on. It was just the two of them. It's not like someone else was going to see them and be tempted to have an affair, or something.

Genesis 3:7-11
"7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.

8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?”

10 He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.”

11 And he said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?”"

So, if they weren't using their nakedness in a wrong way, how did they suddenly become afraid of their nakedness? It's not like God cared about it. He made them naked and never commanded them to put on clothes.

Your conclusions aren't following in what was said to have happened in Genesis. It sounds more like an ad hoc rationalization that still has some holes in it.

(16-12-2013 06:57 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I'm about done with watching you proselytize in every thread I read. Talk about TROLL.

Not yet. I'm still having fun finding the holes and contradictions. I have no allusions thinking I'm going to convert Alla or even change her thinking, but I'm enjoying this.

Although, if a few refuted points are repeated oft enough, I will probably resort to [/IGNORE].
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
16-12-2013, 12:46 PM
(16-12-2013 10:56 AM)Alla Wrote:  everybody has own standard of what "good" and "bad" is.
I think everyone here agrees that Good is something to be desired and bad is something which is appalling in general.

So it highly depends on Context.. what i'm concerned about here is how God comes into the picture of Good and Bad and why God can't be bad given the circumstances.
16-12-2013, 03:07 PM
(16-12-2013 12:46 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  
(16-12-2013 10:56 AM)Alla Wrote:  everybody has own standard of what "good" and "bad" is.
I think everyone here agrees that Good is something to be desired
Drugs are something that can be desired. Is it good for your body?

(16-12-2013 12:46 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  and bad is something which is appalling in general.
important shots/immunization is appalling for some people(kids) but it is good.

(16-12-2013 12:46 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  So it highly depends on Context.. what i'm concerned about here is how God comes into the picture of Good and Bad and why God can't be bad given the circumstances.
God reveals His standards of good and evil. Because He knows more than we do He knows what is safe(good) and what is not safe(bad).
Everything that has destructive consequence is bad. Everything that has constructive consequence is good.

P.S.To feed hungry because of compassion is good.
To feed hungry in order to have some kind reward is evil.