Sin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2013, 03:18 PM
RE: Sin
(16-12-2013 11:50 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  So, why did they, while just standing there, suddenly become aware of their nakedness and decide to put clothes on. It was just the two of them. It's not like someone else was going to see them and be tempted to have an affair, or something.
Satan told them this. He told them to hide nakedness like it is something bad or shameful.
Satan takes good things or truth and uses them for his evil purposes.

(16-12-2013 11:50 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.

8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?”

10 He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.”

11 And he said, “WHO TOLD YOU that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?”"

You see, God asked:"WHO TOLD YOU that you were naked?" And if they didn't eat from the tree they wouldn't understand him who told them to hide nakedness

(16-12-2013 11:50 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  So, if they weren't using their nakedness in a wrong way, how did they suddenly become afraid of their nakedness? It's not like God cared about it. He made them naked and never commanded them to put on clothes.
WHO TOLD them that they were naked? Did author of Genesis give you an answer?
Who takes the truth and always twist it according to the Scriptures? A: Satan

P.S.I like what you are doing. Poke some more holes.Smile

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2013, 03:18 PM
sorry

16-12-2013, 03:57 PM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2013 04:02 PM by IndianAtheist.)
(16-12-2013 03:07 PM)Alla Wrote:  Drugs are that can be desired. Is it good for your body?
Absolutely,i really would like myself some drugs when i'm ill.
Quote:important shots/immunization is appalling for some people(kids) but it is good.
I already told you it all just depends on the context no need to play word games with me -_- even then shots are bad for kids because children in general have survivalistic instincts which makes them fear anything barely threatening.

I'd be more worried about children who are NOT afraid of needles at all.
Quote:God reveals His standards of good and evil. Because He knows more than we do He knows what is safe(good) and what is not safe(bad).
Wai.. what ? who ? good&bad are just concepts remember? they don't actually exist as an actual personality trait these two extremes are highly subjective.

And i still don't get which God you're talking about.. there are so many Gods vishnu,allah,yahweh,jesus,mithras,zeus ... Ugh.... i can't conceptualize God anymore and i can't wrap my head around the logical paradoxes so just excuse me here.
Quote:Everything that has destructive consequence is bad. Everything that has constructive consequence is good.
Well.. what if one's constructive consequence happens to be another person's destructive consequence ? it happens all the time actually.

you gotta realize that "Good" and "Bad" are merely just abstract ethical concepts they don't apply in real life.
Quote:P.S.To feed hungry because of compassion is good.
To feed hungry in order to have some kind reward is evil.
I don't think everything is as cut&dry as you're describing it human morals most often come under the "Gray" area.

in the end it highly depends on the context if that person who the guy is feeding happens to be his worst enemy would you call him "Evil" if the person excepted something in return ? mean spirited maybe but not "Evil".
16-12-2013, 04:39 PM
(16-12-2013 03:57 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  
(16-12-2013 03:07 PM)Alla Wrote:  Drugs are that can be desired. Is it good for your body?
Absolutely,i really would like myself some drugs when i'm ill.
I didn't talk about medicine. I talked about drugs like heroin. Heroin is something that can be desired but it is not good.
(16-12-2013 03:57 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  Wai.. what ? who ? good&bad are just concepts remember? they don't actually exist as an actual personality trait these two extremes are highly subjective.
Sure, I remember this. That is why I said that there are many standard of good and evil.

(16-12-2013 03:57 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  And i still don't get which God you're talking about.. there are so many Gods vishnu,allah,yahweh,jesus,mithras,zeus ... Ugh.... i can't conceptualize God anymore and i can't wrap my head around the logical paradoxes so just excuse me here.
Sure, I am talking about these Gods/our Gods:
1)God Heavenly Father
2)God Son Jehovah
3)God Holy Ghost.

(16-12-2013 03:57 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  
Alla Wrote:Everything that has destructive consequence is bad. Everything that has constructive consequence is good.
Well.. what if one's constructive consequence happens to be another person's destructive consequence ? it happens all the time actually.
I didn't say that "good" is when for some it brings constructive consequence and for some it brings destructive consequence. Good is when for all people it brings constructive consequence.

(16-12-2013 03:57 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  I don't think everything is as cut&dry as you're describing it human morals most often come under the "Gray" area.
to feed hungry out of compassion is always good thing. Tell me why compassion can a bad thing or something in between(gray)?

(16-12-2013 03:57 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  in the end it highly depends on the context if that person who the guy is feeding happens to be his worst enemy would you call him "Evil" if the person excepted something in return ? mean spirited maybe but not "Evil".
I didn't say to "feed the hungry". "to feed the hungry" is bad if you act like hypocrite/you show off.
But I said that to feed BECAOUSE OF COMPASSION is always a good thing.
If you feel compassion towards your enemy and feed him you do good. You might even become friends.

16-12-2013, 07:23 PM
(16-12-2013 03:18 PM)Alla Wrote:  Satan told them this. He told them to hide nakedness like it is something bad or shameful.

It wasn't necessarily Satan. It was "the serpent". It's never named, and the figure Satan doesn't show up until quite later in the Bible.

I'm not saying it wasn't Satan (although, it's doubtful, given how the book was written), but I am saying that it doesn't make that assertion. For someone who claims that the Bible didn't explicitly say that God created the light, or that the Earth was in our own solar system, you shouldn't assume the serpent was Satan.
17-12-2013, 05:58 AM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2013 06:06 AM by IndianAtheist.)
(16-12-2013 04:39 PM)Alla Wrote:  I didn't talk about medicine. I talked about drugs like heroin. Heroin is something that can be desired but it is not good.
It is not good for humans but that doesn't mean its something bad there must be a good use for those drugs.

Nothing is inherently good or bad its only humans label things as good or bad
Quote:Sure, I am talking about these Gods/our Gods:
1)God Heavenly Father
2)God Son Jehovah
3)God Holy Ghost.
Hey wait a minute ! i thought Hindus were pantheistic and Christians were monotheistic.
Quote:to feed hungry out of compassion is always good thing. Tell me why compassion can a bad thing or something in between(gray)?
No you can't frame complex human psychology in this silly left right paradox human mind is more complex that that.
Quote:I didn't say to "feed the hungry". "to feed the hungry" is bad if you act like hypocrite/you show off.
Well he might have personal reasons for acting like that.. and you can't accuse that person of being a hypocrite without knowing why he's acting like that.
Quote:But I said that to feed BECAOUSE OF COMPASSION is always a good thing
Compassion can also blind people into doing horrible things so no its not always a good thing to have.
17-12-2013, 07:25 AM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2013 02:16 PM by RobbyPants.)
(17-12-2013 05:58 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  
Quote:Sure, I am talking about these Gods/our Gods:
1)God Heavenly Father
2)God Son Jehovah
3)God Holy Ghost.
Hey wait a minute ! i thought Hindus were pantheistic and Christians were monotheistic.

Not necessarily. She might not believe in the Trinity. That's one of the (many!) things that split Christianity into all of the various sects that exist today.

Alla, do you believe the gods Baal or Moloch exist (or existed)?

Edit: wrecked the quote tags.
17-12-2013, 12:46 PM
(17-12-2013 07:25 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Not necessarily. She might not believe in the Trinity. That's one of the (many!) things that split Christianity into all of the various sects that exist today.
Hmm that's really bizarre i thought that majority of abhramic religions (Islam,Judaism,Christianity) were monotheistic and were promoting the idea of "One" God.
17-12-2013, 02:18 PM
(17-12-2013 12:46 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  
(17-12-2013 07:25 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Not necessarily. She might not believe in the Trinity. That's one of the (many!) things that split Christianity into all of the various sects that exist today.
Hmm that's really bizarre i thought that majority of abhramic religions (Islam,Judaism,Christianity) were monotheistic and were promoting the idea of "One" God.

So far as I can tell, the concept of the Trinity exists solely to reconcile Jesus as both being a man and also being divine. I thought that was the first major schism (or at least one of the first) in the church. The idea of the Trinity is to allow Jesus to be just a man (God the Son), yet also be divine (the Trinity).

Yes, it's a contradictory mess which wreaks of double-speak, but it is what it is.
17-12-2013, 03:54 PM
(16-12-2013 07:23 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(16-12-2013 03:18 PM)Alla Wrote:  Satan told them this. He told them to hide nakedness like it is something bad or shameful.
It wasn't necessarily Satan. It was "the serpent". It's never named, and the figure Satan doesn't show up until quite later in the Bible.
other biblical prophets said that that serpent was Satan.
There is a reason why Satan used this symbol/animal "serpent" to appear before Eve.
"Serpent" is symbol of God Jehovah/ Jesus Christ.

(16-12-2013 07:23 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I'm not saying it wasn't Satan (although, it's doubtful, given how the book was written), but I am saying that it doesn't make that assertion. For someone who claims that the Bible didn't explicitly say that God created the light, or that the Earth was in our own solar system, you shouldn't assume the serpent was Satan.
Biblical prophets and other prophets of God confirm my statement.