Sin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2013, 04:01 PM
RE: Sin
(17-12-2013 07:25 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Alla, do you believe the gods Baal or Moloch exist (or existed)?
Edit: wrecked the quote tags.
I don't know. I believe that evil spirits exist. May be those gods are evil spirits?
Any way, I do NOT know anything about those gods.
But even if they do exist I have no witness. I have witness only from two Gods: Heavenly Father Elohim
God Son Jehovah(Jesus Christ)

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2013, 04:18 PM
(17-12-2013 05:58 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  Hey wait a minute ! i thought Hindus were pantheistic and Christians were monotheistic.
Christians in 3rd century lost many parts of the truth(Gospel of Christ). They had no idea who their God was.
There are three Gods:
Heavenly Father and His 2 Sons: Jehovah or Jesus Christ and Holy Ghost.
But They are ONE GOD or ONE Godhead. They are ONE or one God in purpose.
Since Adam's Fall Jehovah became our God. When He came here on Earth He was teaching about His God and His Father and our God and our Heavenly Father.
There are three of Them but They are one God in purpose/one Godhead(sorry, I repeat myself).

(17-12-2013 05:58 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  Compassion can also blind people into doing horrible things so no its not always a good thing to have.
I didn't talk about all those other things that we can do out of compassion.
I talked ONLY about feeding the hungry out of compassion. And this is GOOD/constructive thing.

To make someone lazy and irresponsible out of compassion is bad/destructive thing.

17-12-2013, 10:10 PM
(17-12-2013 04:18 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(17-12-2013 05:58 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  Compassion can also blind people into doing horrible things so no its not always a good thing to have.
I didn't talk about all those other things that we can do out of compassion.
I talked ONLY about feeding the hungry out of compassion. And this is GOOD/constructive thing.

To make someone lazy and irresponsible out of compassion is bad/destructive thing.

But what if your feeding the hungry out of compassion which is always a good thing causes them to become lazy and dependant?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
18-12-2013, 05:08 AM
(17-12-2013 04:18 PM)Alla Wrote:  There are three of Them but They are one God in purpose/one Godhead(sorry, I repeat myself).
Well that still doesn't change the fact that you segregate them into 3 different entities its very much like the Hindu idea of Gods where all gods are a part of trinity (Brahma,Vishnu and mahesh) and that they are all one and same yet they are distinctive.

There isn't much of a difference in monotheism and pantheism if you ask me.
Quote:To make someone lazy and irresponsible out of compassion is bad/destructive thing.
Hmm just like @free thought said what if your compassion is causing others to become lazy ?

and what if berating someone actually makes them better ? what if your original intentions were mean spirited but they turned out to be actually useful for others ?
18-12-2013, 03:02 PM
(17-12-2013 10:10 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(17-12-2013 04:18 PM)Alla Wrote:  I didn't talk about all those other things that we can do out of compassion.

But what if your feeding the hungry out of compassion which is always a good thing causes them to become lazy and dependant?
"to feed out of compassion" will not become a bad thing because of this. What you do in case like this is you STOP feeding that person out of compassion.
But you start to do another good thing out of compassion - you teach this person how to become self-reliant. Smile

P.S. And while you are teaching to become self-reliant you still may help with food.Smile

18-12-2013, 03:16 PM
(18-12-2013 05:08 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  Well that still doesn't change the fact that you segregate them into 3 different entities its very much like the Hindu idea of Gods where all gods are a part of trinity (Brahma,Vishnu and mahesh) and that they are all one and same yet they are distinctive.
Then Hindu idea has part of the truth. 3 separate Gods but one god in purpose.
Like one union = many people.
But I don't know too much about Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh. I think they don't consider them to be THREE GODS.
Trinity is 3 person = one God. But it is false doctrine.
3 separate Gods that make one Union(which can be called "one God") is true doctrine of Jesus Christ. This doctrine was lost in the end of the 1st century

(18-12-2013 05:08 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  and what if berating someone actually makes them better ? what if your original intentions were mean spirited but they turned out to be actually useful for others ?
but my intention still will be evil intention. It can not become "good intention" just because something good happened.
Let's take Satan. He helps God by tempting us. But God's intention is good. When we overcome temptations we grow spiritually(ALL OF US/including atheists)
And why do Satan tempt us? What is his intention? A: that we will fall and become like him. His actions help us to grow but his intentions are always evil ones.

18-12-2013, 05:02 PM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2013 05:18 PM by IndianAtheist.)
(18-12-2013 03:02 PM)Alla Wrote:  "to feed out of compassion" will not become a bad thing because of this. What you do in case like this is you STOP feeding that person out of compassion.
But you start to do another good thing out of compassion - you teach this person how to become self-reliant. Smile
What you're basically trying to say is that there's a dualism in everything whereas in the actual reality there absolutely isn't anything like that.

Everything is not black&white... its way more complex than that good&bad are merely the labels of what we want and what we don't want to be.. its not like something like those labels actually exist outside our brain.

We may "Love" something but that doesn't mean that feeling actually exists in the external reality.
(18-12-2013 03:16 PM)Alla Wrote:  3 separate Gods that make one Union(which can be called "one God") is true doctrine of Jesus Christ. This doctrine was lost in the end of the 1st century
lol other Christians may disagree with you here most of the Christians i've met online and in real life only talk about one God.
Quote:but my intention still will be evil intention. It can not become "good intention"
But the point being it still doesn't matter if your intention were evil or good reality doesn't have anything to do with your metaphysical emotions.

Quote:Let's take Satan. He helps God by tempting us. But God's intention is good.
Okay when you chrstians start saything this you guys just sound like children to me..

GOD = Good guy
Devil = Bad Guy

I'm sorry but your rationalization falls short because good&bad don't exist outside our heads you're presenting as if God&devil are both manifestation of those traits.

Quote:When we overcome temptations we grow spiritually
What temptations ? i never had someone giving me free pizzas or tickets for watching free movies ! I've never been "Tempted" in my life and neither are all those children who are starving to death as i type this useless post.
Quote:And why do Satan tempt us? What is his intention? A: that we will fall and become like him. His actions help us to grow but his intentions are always evil ones.
HA HA HA LMAO this really sounds hilarious its almost like the script of MEGAS XLR

Just imagining R.E.G.I.S Mark 5 saying what you just said with that music cracks me up XD

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
[+] 1 user Likes IndianAtheist's post