Sin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2013, 12:31 PM
RE: Sin
(10-12-2013 12:12 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(09-12-2013 08:30 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I have to agree with Taq here. I mean, the reason child birth is painful, the reason women have periods, and having lust for our husbands are all punishment for eve's original sin according to the bible.
where did Prophet Moses said it is a punishment?
How about it is a consequence of becoming mortals? As I said before if pregnant woman uses drugs and her child become an addict or born sick he is not guilty of anything it is just a horrible consequence of mothers wrong/bad/evil choice.
Painful childbirth is consequence of becoming mortal. Their body had to be changed. Why? So they can really(from their experience) learn about evil.
To feel pain is evil and they chose to learn about evil and good when they chose to partake of fruit.
Where in the Bible does it say that Adam and Eve were originally immortal and then became mortal due to sin? Drinking Beverage

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2013, 12:33 PM
I never could accept original sin. I now also see the death of Jesus as unjust.

My current project is explaining why many things in this world are irrelevant to me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-12-2013, 12:35 PM
(10-12-2013 12:33 PM)chandlerklebs Wrote:  I never could accept original sin. I now also see the death of Jesus as untrue.

Fixt.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
10-12-2013, 12:42 PM
(10-12-2013 12:00 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(09-12-2013 08:02 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Its the very foundation of your Beligion. You didn't think this through, did you.
It may be a foundation of false religions. Prophets of God don't teach that children of Adam and Eve are guilty of Adam's sin. May be you can tell me which Prophet of God teaches this?

LOL.

You *are* an I-Slam-ist, aren't you.

Quote:what "Prophet" of fairytale monsters...

fixed that for ya.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
10-12-2013, 12:44 PM
(10-12-2013 12:12 PM)Alla Wrote:  Painful childbirth is consequence of becoming mortal. Their body had to be changed. Why? So they can really(from their experience) learn about evil.
To feel pain is evil and they chose to learn about evil and good when they chose to partake of fruit.

Did you, like, take a bunch of word-magnets and throw them against the refrigerator, and copy the resultant word salad into your post?

Quote:
(09-12-2013 08:30 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  If you don't agree with the bible, and the bible is the only thing that says your god is real.... Confused
Bible doesn't say that painful child birth is punishment. Not even one word. But Bible says that punishment for sin is death. They died. The rest is just part of learning about all evil and all good. That what they wanted - to learn about evil and good. They got it.

Don't make me pull put the Dr. Bronner's Soap Rant on you.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
10-12-2013, 01:20 PM
I see your point about how silly it is to think that a God will punish us for sins our ancestors committed, I don't believe there is a enough evidence to warrant a belief in God (much less to suggest we know what He might want from us), and the God of the Bible is downright easy to dismiss as mythology, so I don't have any fear of offending Him.

but, as an atheist (about a year) I sometimes wonder what to do with the guilt I feel when I do things that are against my moral code. It was comforting to pray to God and honestly confess my sins, but I don't have that outlet anymore. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?
10-12-2013, 01:26 PM
(10-12-2013 01:20 PM)anonymous66 Wrote:  I see your point about how silly it is to think that a God will punish us for sins our ancestors committed, I don't believe there is a enough evidence to warrant a belief in God (much less to suggest we know what He might want from us), and the God of the Bible is downright easy to dismiss as mythology, so I don't have any fear of offending Him.

but, as an atheist (about a year) I sometimes wonder what to do with the guilt I feel when I do things that are against my moral code. It was comforting to pray to God and honestly confess my sins, but I don't have that outlet anymore. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

This is easy apologise to the actual people you hurt instead of an imaginary friend in their stead. If you hurt no one re-examine why it is against your moral code, and if you find sufficient reason for it to be against your code apologise to yourself.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
10-12-2013, 01:35 PM
I enjoy sin as often as I am ballsy enough to go for it.

(somebody had to say it)
LOL

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
10-12-2013, 01:47 PM
(10-12-2013 01:35 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I enjoy sin as often as I am ballsy enough to go for it.

(somebody had to say it)
LOL

LOL. But, how would you define sin? It seems like a moot point, if you reject the supernatural (which I do).
10-12-2013, 01:55 PM
(10-12-2013 01:47 PM)anonymous66 Wrote:  
(10-12-2013 01:35 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I enjoy sin as often as I am ballsy enough to go for it.

(somebody had to say it)
LOL

LOL. But, how would you define sin? It seems like a moot point, if you reject the supernatural (which I do).

FCUK - you're accurate. Shocking*pout* Well thanks heaps for spoiling my post.

(stomps off looking for chocolate)

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.