Since I De-Converted from Christianity to Atheism, _______________ .

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2013, 11:47 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2013 12:11 AM by kpax.)
Since I De-Converted from Christianity to Atheism, _______________ .
.... I am a lot less stressed out in general. I am a single mother so I would constantly pray to god to improve my situation. Since I de-converted, I learned that it's all in my hands..and guess what? My situation improved!!

.... I now look at the world a little differently.

.... Strangely, I don't fear death like I used to in the sense that it's some big mystery about heaven, hell, demons and angels.

.... I feel even more compassion & empathy for people, knowing that, no, god does not punish the bad guy in the end. Makes me want to help people even more.

.... I find myself rolling my eyes uncontrollably or giving a funny look when someone mentions praying or god in general. It's embarrassing. I'm not meaning to insult anyone it just happens as a reaction lol.

.... I stand up for myself a lot more now without the fear of what god might think. I used to be somewhat of a doormat and thought the right thing to do was to be the better person, always. Now I see it as setting boundaries and not being afraid to let people know when they've crossed those boundaries.

.... My internal struggles make sense now. I've spent a lot of time pressuring myself to I believe in god and that he somehow abandoned me for whatever reason. Now I realize it was reason that was trying to take over.

.... I feel like I am finally gaining a true sense of happiness and peace.

.... I can finally be open to the fact that, yes, I am good enough to be a decent human being and that there are no sins that I have to make amends for.

.... It's hard to find what to say to replace the phrase "I'll pray for you".

.... I stopped blessing the food, deleted all my christian songs, took down my cross. Yet I still run into christian stuff in the house about once a week!

.... No longer feel bad when I turn people down when they invite me to their church.

.... Have gotten to know myself better since I am no longer looking above for all the answers

.... No longer feel like an odd ball for loving education and science. I'm a nerd! I'm always reading, studying and learning.

.... Feel the urge to ask everyone I meet "What's your religion?" out of curiosity. I actually don't but I really want to! lol.

Anybody else?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 16 users Like kpax's post
02-02-2013, 11:53 PM
RE: Since I De-Converted from Christianity to Atheism, _______________ .
.... Nothing happened, cause I never converted to begin with! Big Grin

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
02-02-2013, 11:54 PM
You are lucky. Losing ones religion feels like someone died. Deconverting can be a tough, confusing process.
[+] 1 user Likes kpax's post
03-02-2013, 12:00 AM
(02-02-2013 11:47 PM)kpax Wrote:  .... I am a lot less stressed out in general. I am a single mother so I would constantly pray to god to improve my situation. Since I de-converted, I learned that it's all in my hands..and guess what? My situation improved!!

.... I now look at the world a little differently.

.... Strangely, I don't fear death like I used to in the sense that it's some big mystery about heaven, hell, demons and angels.

.... I feel even more compassion & empathy for people, knowing that, no, god does not punish the bad guy in the end. Makes me want to help people even more.

.... I find myself rolling my eyes uncontrollably or giving a funny look when someone mentions praying or god in general. It's embarrassing. I'm not meaning to insult anyone it just happens as a reaction lol.

.... I stand up for myself a lot more now without the fear of what god might think. I used to be somewhat of a doormat and thought the right thing to do was to be the better person, always. Now I see it as setting boundaries and not being afraid to let people know when they've crossed those boundaries.

.... My internal struggles make sense now. I've spent a lot of time pressuring myself to I believe in god and that he somehow abandoned me for whatever reason.

.... I feel like I am gaining a true sense of happiness and peace.

.... I can finally be open to the fact that, yes, I am good enough to be a decent human being and that there are no sins that I have to make amends for.

.... It's hard to find what to say to replace the phrase "I'll pray for you".

.... I stopped blessing the food, deleted all my christian songs, took down my cross. Yet I still run into christian stuff in the house about once a week!

.... No longer feel bad when I turn people down when they invite me to their church.

.... Have gotten to know myself better since I am no longer looking above for all the answers

.... No longer feel like an odd ball for loving education and science. I'm a nerd! I'm always reading, studying and learning.

.... Feel the urge to ask everyone I meet "What's your religion?" out of curiosity. I actually don't but I really want to! lol.

Anybody else?

I certainly am able to relate to that. Man, I sooo want to post that on my Facebook. Can I steal it?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-02-2013, 12:05 AM
Sure. That will be okay with me.
03-02-2013, 12:08 AM
Well, I'm not sure I'm ready to deal with the blowback I'd get and I'd need to change the single mother part.

But seriously. I do relate to everything you put up there and I will be saving it for my coming out on FB post one of these days.

Thank you.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Grassy Knoll's post
03-02-2013, 12:26 AM
I actually whet through a period of hating god for allowing my life to go to shit
before I had that wtf moment. I to am doing so much better now that I am in
control of my life. Big Grin

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
03-02-2013, 12:27 AM
(02-02-2013 11:54 PM)kpax Wrote:  You are lucky. Losing ones religion feels like someone died. Deconverting can be a tough, confusing process.

As true as that may be (I do have some understanding of the process, after effect of my interests in the mind and indoctrination), I do sometimes envy those of you who came from within the faiths; You have weapons that I will never have, especially regarding combating theism. I'll never have those scars and knowledge, regardless of how many hours I spend studying.

We both have something the other will never poses it would seem.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
03-02-2013, 02:21 AM
(03-02-2013 12:27 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  We both have something the other will never poses it would seem.

Interesting and good point.
[+] 1 user Likes kpax's post
03-02-2013, 03:39 AM
.... I appreciate the meaning of "Be here now."

Breathing - it's more art than science.