Since I De-Converted from Christianity to Atheism, _______________ .

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2013, 03:31 AM
RE: Since I De-Converted from Christianity to Atheism, _______________ .
(12-02-2013 03:19 AM)SingingBear Wrote:  I'm not working toward personal salvation.

That's a good one. I always felt like I was coming up short no matter what I did or how hard I prayed or how hard I begged, etc.

Now I don't have to work so hard talking to myself wondering what I ever did so wrong and hope whatever I did do was good enough.

Now I know it's good enough! It's all for me and I say it's good enough! I don't have to live up to anyone's standards but my own.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kpax's post
12-02-2013, 06:34 AM
...I don't pray for forgiveness after I masturbate. I feel no guilt in my sexuality whatsoever.
...I don't fear the demons that want to come through the TV and haunt my house because I watched a show about ghosts.
...I feel a sense of opportunity in the knowledge that I can follow my dreams instead of waiting for an impending armageddon.
...I can listen to music freely without being upset by the fact that some of it is "satanic".
...I feel as though a 30,000 lb. weight has been lifted from my shoulders. Thank god I'm an atheist. Smile

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
12-02-2013, 08:04 AM
Wow, my last post set off much activity.
It's almost as if no one here is aware of Bible theology 101 depsite their critiques. It's like you are unaware that:
1. Religions, like secularists, struggle to make sense of good and bad in the world. (And please don't tell me you've "solved" the problems with naturalism and scientism and have the keys to manmade utopia. Yawn.)
2. Christianity at the cross offers the following: God's wrath and evil are poured onto the cross. God's mercy and love are at the cross.
3. Sinners find redemption at the cross. The bad become good, the good become better, etc.
When I call sin a bully or Jesus submitted to be beaten for our sin, it's a problem for the prideful, isn't it? The person who wrote "Ah, why doesn't the brother just beat the bully instead?" is ignoring the fact that if Jesus had walked away from the cross we'd all be in worse shape as a society and as individuals.
Misanthropik, I feel compassion for you. We watch TV in my home without fearing demons. We live our lives while we're waiting for Armageddon, knowing that we will stand firm, etc. I'm sorry, it sounds like your family or church or both have some problems and need some love and counseling.
That is all.
12-02-2013, 08:19 AM
This is thread about people posting their thoughts about what has happened to them since they deconverted. It has been hijacked by someone who needs to start another thread and has nothing to contribute in this subject since he has not apparently deconverted. Why is that?

Godless in the Magnolia State
12-02-2013, 09:20 AM
(12-02-2013 08:04 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Misanthropik, I feel compassion for you. We watch TV in my home without fearing demons. We live our lives while we're waiting for Armageddon, knowing that we will stand firm, etc. I'm sorry, it sounds like your family or church or both have some problems and need some love and counseling.
That is all.

Doesn't matter. The point is that without religion and without God in my life, I am much, much happier than I ever was before. And believe it or not, at the time, I thought I was pretty damn happy.

Nice attempt at an ad hominem argument, though. It failed - miserably - but it was a nice attempt. Thumbsup

[+] 2 users Like Misanthropik's post
12-02-2013, 11:19 AM
Quote:Nice attempt at an ad hominem argument, though.
This will be my final comment on this thread, now that I am made aware it was a vent thread and not a "opinions" thread.
It was not an ad hom attack. It was, however, typical of the posts I read all the time about straw men deconversions... trusting Jesus is life, peace and freedom... not bondage to OCD behavior because a wacky cult placed it on you. I'm sorry you got burned. I honestly am.
12-02-2013, 11:22 AM
^^^ The delusion is strong in this one.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
12-02-2013, 11:50 AM
(12-02-2013 08:04 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  The person who wrote "Ah, why doesn't the brother just beat the bully instead?" is ignoring the fact that if Jesus had walked away from the cross we'd all be in worse shape as a society and as individuals.
Good one. [Image: 24.gif]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
12-02-2013, 11:55 AM
(12-02-2013 11:19 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Nice attempt at an ad hominem argument, though.
This will be my final comment on this thread, now that I am made aware it was a vent thread and not a "opinions" thread.
It was not an ad hom attack. It was, however, typical of the posts I read all the time about straw men deconversions... trusting Jesus is life, peace and freedom... not bondage to OCD behavior because a wacky cult placed it on you. I'm sorry you got burned. I honestly am.
It was the very definition of an ad hominem attack. Or are you not aware of what constitutes such an attack? It was the same bullshit excuse that every christian tries to pull when they accept that I used to believe. "Oh, well the reason you had a bad experience was because you had a corrupted belief system. I and my family, on the other hand, we have the REAL article; that's why we live in peace. I'm sorry you couldn't have the real thing like we do." *Makes masturbatory movements with his hand*

In any case, my "relationship" with Jesus was great. He made me feel loved and cozy and happy...he even looked me in the eyes when we made love. That's why I didn't say anything disparaging about him. I spoke about demons. Those evil, fork-waving ner-do-wells who run around trying to turn people away from God.

Do try to pay attention.

12-02-2013, 12:32 PM
Would you allow me to break my word, Misanthropik, to not post to this thread again, to post again for the purpose of an apology? I hear what you are saying and I very sincerely apologize.
Thank you. I am sorry.
[+] 1 user Likes PleaseJesus's post