Since I am going to the Preist AGAIN.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Since I am going to the Preist AGAIN.
Any help guys, We plan on "talking" for two hours.

I ain't letting this motherfucker preach to me anymore. I am going in with my guns and will not let this preist try to bullshit me.

Any thoughts, advice, interesting points you want me to ask?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-09-2012, 02:01 PM
RE: Since I am going to the Preist AGAIN.
(15-09-2012 01:56 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Any help guys, We plan on "talking" for two hours.

I ain't letting this motherfucker preach to me anymore. I am going in with my guns and will not let this preist try to bullshit me.

You might try the approach that you adhere to evidence-based belief. This will put him on the defensive and you can keep him rolling along the apologetics path for the whole two hours.

Could be amusing.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
15-09-2012, 02:23 PM
I was browsing through my old threads (yeah I'm vain) and found this one http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...s-So-Angry

It could help a bit Wink

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
15-09-2012, 02:24 PM (This post was last modified: 15-09-2012 02:47 PM by Bucky Ball.)
I take it you're being forced to go. Why make it a fight ? You know your position. Just gab. Ask him about his family, whatever. If he insists on confrontation, just be calm, and be more mature than him. Ask him what his doubts are. He must have doubts.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 10 users Like Bucky Ball's post
15-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Yea, like Bucky said - just hang out with the guy. You're just two guys - one of you just happens to be a professional at his job. Probably kind of routine for him when some teenager comes in all defensive. The way to throw him off guard is to just be cool, personable, and likable. He'll probably end up realizing that you're just a regular guy and that your parents are just over protective.

You never know, he might be a pretty ok guy. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
15-09-2012, 02:48 PM
Flirt with him.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 12 users Like frankiej's post
15-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Ask him, "Help me out here Father. I just can't see any mechanism that would allow me to survive my own death. How is a postmortem preservation of identity even imaginable let alone possible?"

Or just go with what frankie says. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-09-2012, 03:10 PM
If I'm ever at odds with someone, the best way to get along with someone is to find out what you both agree on and if he brings up a topic that you don't like, avoid it.
If he asks you about politics, just tell him that he already knows that religion and politics are HOT button topics. "We already have one button. We don't need two"
Avoid any topic that you think you don't know a great deal about.

If he asks you a question you aren't prepared for just do this "I'm going to research that and give you an informed answer. Any answer I give you right now, I'm pulling out of my ass. Which would you rather have. A half assed answer or an answer that's had some research put into it. ?"

Given his response, if he ever says "I'll take the half assed answer right now just to see where your mind is, then we can compare that to the researched one", then you can reply
"If most of the knowledge you think you have has come from people who have given you their half assed answers, then that's a problem right there.
You haven't been patient enough to research the truth. You want what you want right now. You want the easy answer, the quick answer, when all along it's just been the half assed answer and you never questioned if it was the WRONG answer"

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
15-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Talk to him about homosexuality. Ask him what to do if you start to feel attracted to boys... should you apply to him for a job?

Ask him how much the church spends on defending and relocating their rapists and whether a cost benefit analysis has been done on any proposal to spend that money on helping the victims of child rape.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
15-09-2012, 06:13 PM (This post was last modified: 15-09-2012 06:17 PM by Janus.)
(15-09-2012 01:56 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Any help guys, We plan on "talking" for two hours.

How can you – if you're legally an adult and a free citizen – be forced to spend even a minute with a priest if you don't want that? Who is forcing you? How? Don't you have freedom of religion in your country? (Which I interpret as freedom FROM religion).

Of course it's different if you're a minor. At what age are you considered legally an adult where you live? And how old are you?