Since I am going to the Preist AGAIN.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-09-2012, 06:33 PM (This post was last modified: 15-09-2012 06:39 PM by Janus.)
RE: Since I am going to the Preist AGAIN.
(15-09-2012 03:49 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Talk to him about homosexuality. Ask him what to do if you start to feel attracted to boys... should you apply to him for a job?

Ask him how much the church spends on defending and relocating their rapists and whether a cost benefit analysis has been done on any proposal to spend that money on helping the victims of child rape.

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Yeah! That's a good one! If you handle that tack properly I'll bet that priest won't know how to finish that 'talk' fast enough! Big Grin
But of course you should not swear or call names or anything. Keep your tone and vocabulary neutral and to the point.

Oh, and if you really want to have some lasting fun out of it you should record it all. At least audio, but if you could video it, even better. It might be good for a couple million hits on Youtube (and here). Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Janus's post
15-09-2012, 06:38 PM
(15-09-2012 01:56 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Any help guys, We plan on "talking" for two hours.

I ain't letting this motherfucker preach to me anymore. I am going in with my guns and will not let this preist try to bullshit me.

Any thoughts, advice, interesting points you want me to ask?

Every time he addresses you, yell a passage from the Qur'an in Arabic.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 8 users Like Logica Humano's post
15-09-2012, 06:49 PM
(15-09-2012 06:13 PM)Janus Wrote:  
(15-09-2012 01:56 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Any help guys, We plan on "talking" for two hours.

I ain't letting this motherfucker preach to me anymore. I am going in with my guns and will not let this preist try to bullshit me.

Any thoughts, advice, interesting points you want me to ask?

How can you – if you're legally an adult and a free citizen – be forced to spend even a minute with a priest if you don't want that? Who is forcing you? How? Don't you have freedom of religion in your country? (Which I interpret as freedom FROM religion).

Of course it's different if you're a minor. At what age are you considered legally an adult where you live? And how old are you?

I am a minor, just had the talk.

Three hours of nonsense, and my rebuttals to them.

The dude I talked to does not, and will not have my respect. I know this is shit to go on, but the man has been ACCUSED of molesting children in the church.

No official charges or anything, but there is a special place in my heart for those types of people.

Who knows? He might not have done it, but it was creepy as hell sitting there with him, alone.

He talked about how being a Catholic is one of the MOST, if not THE MOST important thing to do to be a good person.

Once I knocked that out of the park, he started going on about how much charity work they do, going to different countries and helping the needy.

I am not sure how many of you read my expierences on that, but I told him my expierence, and told him that I don't really see good in making them buy into a lie by offering then necessities.

Then we did a formal discussions about evil, and morality, and evolution.

He has "no doubts" apearently, and all he wants is to help me become a catholic because without God, I am nothing, and could do no good.

Fucking disgusting theology that man has, and I told him so... In a very respectful manner, seriously.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 7 users Like Atothetheist's post
15-09-2012, 07:17 PM (This post was last modified: 15-09-2012 08:15 PM by Janus.)
(15-09-2012 06:49 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I know this is shit to go on, but the man has been ACCUSED of molesting children in the church.

No official charges or anything, but there is a special place in my heart for those types of people.

Don't you know that vigilante lynching parties – even if they're only in your head – are just as illegal and immoral as the perceived crime? You would be stooping to his level of immorality – even if only in your head. We've got laws and legal and political systems to deal with these things instead of a bunch of hysterical and probably drunk rednecks.

Quote:Who knows? He might not have done it

Assume he hasn't until proven guilty in a court of law.
That is the civilised way to handle it. Anything else is barbarian, retarded, and counterproductive.
15-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Ask him how many charitable things he can do instead of you just because of god?

I Remember Hitchens making that very point. An atheist can do just as many charitable things without god, to be human and do good, than anyone who attributes it to a god. Aside from money that the church gets via requesting part of your regular income (on top of taxes you pay and bills), they would have no way to do that anyway.

The only different from that point is that they attribute it to god, we attribute it to just doing good.

Sounds like he's realized he "can't get through to you" on the evidence factor, and is therefore trying weak emotional appeal arguments.

"PLEASE pretty please be one of us? We do neat things? PLEASE PLEAAAAASE? We like kittens even!"
15-09-2012, 07:23 PM
(15-09-2012 02:48 PM)frankiej Wrote:  Flirt with him.

A 15 Year old Flirting with a catholic priest. Isn't that like tap dancing in a minefield while playing Russian roulette with a fully loaded gun?

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
15-09-2012, 07:31 PM
(15-09-2012 07:17 PM)Janus Wrote:  
(15-09-2012 06:49 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I know this is shit to go on, but the man has been ACCUSED of molesting children in the church.

Don't you know that vigilante lynching parties – even if they're only in your head – are just as illegal and immoral as the perceived crime? You would be stooping to his level of immorality – even if only in your head. We've got laws and legal and political systems to deal with these things instead of a bunch of hysteric and probably drunk rednecks.

Quote:Who knows? He might not have done it

That is the civilised way to handle it. Anything else is barbarian, retarded, and counterproductive.
First of all, I never did anything to him, but I feel angry about it. He was accused of rape, so that makes me kind of cautious.

[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
15-09-2012, 07:41 PM
(15-09-2012 07:31 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(15-09-2012 07:17 PM)Janus Wrote:  Don't you know that vigilante lynching parties – even if they're only in your head – are just as illegal and immoral as the perceived crime? You would be stooping to his level of immorality – even if only in your head. We've got laws and legal and political systems to deal with these things instead of a bunch of hysteric and probably drunk rednecks.

First of all, I never did anything to him, but I feel angry about it. He was accused of rape, so that makes me kind of cautious.

So, tell the powers that be, (mom ?), you'll be happy to talk to him, but only with someone else present. Did you ask him if he was going to "report back" to anyone, or are your conversations private ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
15-09-2012, 07:44 PM
(15-09-2012 07:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(15-09-2012 07:31 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  First of all, I never did anything to him, but I feel angry about it. He was accused of rape, so that makes me kind of cautious.

So, tell the powers that be, (mom ?), you'll be happy to talk to him, but only with someone else present.

No can do. My mom is extremely trusting of this preist.

He wanted it to be ALONE.

[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
15-09-2012, 08:00 PM
(15-09-2012 07:44 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(15-09-2012 07:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So, tell the powers that be, (mom ?), you'll be happy to talk to him, but only with someone else present.

No can do. My mom is extremely trusting of this preist.

He wanted it to be ALONE.

Then tell her he makes you really nervous, and you want to go to the doctor, and ask for some Valium before you see him, so you can be calm, and won't shake, and be so afraid. (Tell her you need pre-medication for the sessions). Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche