Since the Olympics are over again...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2012, 02:36 PM
RE: Since the Olympics are over again...
(13-08-2012 07:26 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Goddamn patriotism is the only indicator of the Olympics, that Year after year,rears its ugly head.

God damn Americans.Drinking Beverage

Referring to the biased news coverage?

nonetheless, it's fantastic to see people from many nationalities compete in a friendly competition. Of course, if Iran has it's way, they don't compete against Israelis and that's a horrible plague of religion on the games, but otherwise, it allows for people to be nationalistic and global at the same time.

Also, apparently living in Olympic Village is great for bartering Olympic clothes, partying when your sport is over, and learning languages.

-summum ius, summa iniuria.-M. T. Cicero
-I will show you fear in a handful of dust.-T.S. Eliot
-
ἡ φύσις οὐδὲν ποιεῖ ἅλματα

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2012, 02:42 PM
(13-08-2012 02:36 PM)il_bandit Wrote:  Also, apparently living in Olympic Village is great for bartering Olympic clothes, partying when your sport is over, and learning languages.

This year the local sports talk radio was making a big deal about the thousands of condoms that get handed out and all the partying that goes on after an athlete's event is over. Can you imagine all those hot, in shape, young, virile athletes throwing huge orgies for two weeks?

I can. Consider

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
13-08-2012, 02:47 PM
(13-08-2012 09:57 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  This sort of thing doesn't usually float my boat, but take the 4mins 35secs to watch one of the best figure skating performances of all time. Gold medal? Oh, yes.

Wow. That's the most beautiful marriage of music and motion I've ever seen. Totally hypnotic. Thanks for posting.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
13-08-2012, 03:14 PM
RC, awesome. Not my thing usually either, but that was mind blowing. Thanks!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
13-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Most welcome. I'd wondered if you youngsters had seen it.

I remember watching it live and (as they are British) hoping that they did well. They kinda did. Yes
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-08-2012, 04:55 PM
I remember Liz Manley winning silver in '88 quite well. Even though I was only 13, it gave me a sense of pride in my country that I wasn't familiar with at that age.

In '92, I was lucky enough to travel to Sweden. I was there during the summer Olympics and built on my sense of pride because I was rooting for Sweden along with my new friends as much as I was rooting for Canada. And the best part was that they all got into the Canadian victories with me. I remember being so happy that instead of a rivalry, it was all about mutual support.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
13-08-2012, 07:01 PM
I've read some insane stories from the Olympic Village, but it's no worse than college frat houses or certain other spots on campus. Tongue

It's amazing how many condoms they can use, but I'd probably keep a few as keepsake "Olympic condoms" or something. That might explain a few of them at least.

-

13-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Since the Olympics are over again...
(13-08-2012 07:01 PM)il_bandit Wrote:  I've read some insane stories from the Olympic Village, but it's no worse than college frat houses or certain other spots on campus. Tongue

It's amazing how many condoms they can use, but I'd probably keep a few as keepsake "Olympic condoms" or something. That might explain a few of them at least.

Earlier I was searching to see how many condoms were passed out. It seems like I heard 70,000, but it might just be 7,000. Either way, that's a lot of latex. Anyway, I didn't find the original story, but I did find that there recently has been some hubbabaloo over bootleg, "non-official" condoms being passed out. Seems like there was so many condoms used that they had to have more!

I guess a lot of people would take handsful home. Imagine the kind of play you could pull if you pulled out an Olympic condom and say, "Hey, Baby, Wanna see my Olympic torch?"
Or maybe, "Hey, Baby, Wanna go for the gold?"
Or this one: "Hey, Baby, Wanna see if I can give you the 5 O's in the Olympic symbol?

Damn, I would've made a good horny athlete if only I wasn't so goddamn lazy. Undecided

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
13-08-2012, 07:30 PM
I heard the necessary count was upwards of 100,000....

-

14-08-2012, 06:59 PM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2012 07:19 PM by GirlyMan.)
I remember this from when I was 14 yo. Fucking Russian taught me the value of lifting bigass fucking rocks off the ground just for the hell for it. I'm grateful. Marx rest his fatass soul. [Image: signofcross.gif]

(13-08-2012 07:30 PM)il_bandit Wrote:  I heard the necessary count was upwards of 100,000....

I watched many of the team women's olympic events with my lesbian sister-in-law and her partner and the sister-in-law mentioned that statistic early on. At which point they felt the need to categorize the team members in every game we watched together in terms of "No Condom Necessary", "Condom Required" or "Both". Soccer was predominately "No Condom Necessary", basketball was split, and volleyball was "Both". I asked them about women's gymnastics and they responded "We're not perverts you fucking pedo." Crazy lesbians. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.