Since when has "Alt-Right" been synonymous with white nationalism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2016, 01:45 PM
RE: Since when has "Alt-Right" been synonymous with white nationalism?
http://m.imgur.com/gallery/GxUFH

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
26-11-2016, 02:11 PM
(26-11-2016 01:45 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  http://m.imgur.com/gallery/GxUFH

It reminds me of those neo-nazi who deny the Holocost and the while wishing for one and "singing their love and admiration" for the three H's.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
26-11-2016, 02:21 PM
(26-11-2016 02:11 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 01:45 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  http://m.imgur.com/gallery/GxUFH

It reminds me of those neo-nazi who deny the Holocost and the while wishing for one and "singing their love and admiration" for the three H's.

Neo-nazi, white-nationalism, anti-semitism. If these are synonymous with an organization, there is no question about what they present. I am not even sure how anybody is still having some sort of debate about it six pages later.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
26-11-2016, 02:24 PM
If democrats ever want to win a national election again, and win back those white voters in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan (that voted for Obama 2 times) it would be a good idea to stop with the phony racist accusations. My entire extended family is from western Pennsylvania and have voted democrat for 50 years. But they voted Trump this time. They aren't taking too kindly to being called racist.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
26-11-2016, 02:42 PM
(26-11-2016 02:24 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  If democrats ever want to win a national election again, and win back those white voters in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan (that voted for Obama 2 times) it would be a good idea to stop with the phony racist accusations. My entire extended family is from western Pennsylvania and have voted democrat for 50 years. But they voted Trump this time. They aren't taking too kindly to being called racist.

Does your extended family consider themselves to be part of the Alt-Right? If not, your comment is a bit pointless. The Alt-Right is animated by racism and sexism amongst other things. All Trump voters were not all member of the Alt-Right or racist and sexist, but they prefered the display of sexism and racism of Trump over the shady behavior of Clinton. If you want to defend the Alt-Right from accusation of racism and sexism go right ahead, present your case.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
26-11-2016, 03:09 PM
(26-11-2016 02:24 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  If democrats ever want to win a national election again, and win back those white voters in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan (that voted for Obama 2 times) it would be a good idea to stop with the phony racist accusations. My entire extended family is from western Pennsylvania and have voted democrat for 50 years. But they voted Trump this time. They aren't taking too kindly to being called racist.

But they voted for a fascist agenda. Excuse my guffaw at their vexation. Maybe voting for a national embarrassment isn't the best way to show one's support for humanity. You and them can cry me a river over the movement you chose to join.

At the end of the day you all voted for Donald Trump. There is no excuse.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
26-11-2016, 03:20 PM
(26-11-2016 02:42 PM)epronovost Wrote:  

Does your extended family consider themselves to be part of the Alt-Right? If not, your comment is a bit pointless. The Alt-Right is animated by racism and sexism amongst other things. All Trump voters were not all member of the Alt-Right or racist and sexist, but they prefered the display of sexism and racism of Trump over the shady behavior of Clinton. If you want to defend the Alt-Right from accusation of racism and sexism go right ahead, present your case.are

You don't even know what the alt-right is. You are buying into a media-fed definition that wants to apply the racist label to everything alt-right.

The simple defition of alternative-right is any person that doesn't fit into mainstream "christian conservative" or "economic conservative" and also stands against liberal ideology. They want to maintain American culture and identity and believe in a strict reading of the constitution with the founders intent as the true meaning of the Bill of Rights.

The original alt-right types were the Pat Buchanan republicans. Paleoconservatives. Anti-neocon.

Pretty much any group that is right leaning that doesn't fit with the christian right or the Reagan/Bush right wing is alt-right.

I am considered alt-right as an atheist republican. I am still a right leaner on guns, immigration, and a few other things but I reject religion in politics, the Iraq War, and a lot of trickle down economic ideas.

Racist alt-right is a tiny fraction of the whole of alt-right. Millions of Americans can be labeled alt-right. 200 people showed up to Richard Spencer's racist gala.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
26-11-2016, 03:25 PM
(26-11-2016 02:24 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  They aren't taking too kindly to being called racist.

Maybe next time they shouldn't vote for a belligerent, misogynistic, racist, billionaire game show host?

Seemingly racist or not, the fact that Trump didn't revile them enough to stop them from voting for him speaks volumes to their character. That a Republican controlled legislative branch and the prospect of multiple Supreme Court appointments by a middling reality TV star and his theocrat sidekick didn't stop them. That the safety and the rights of their fellow Americans meant so little to them.

Now they're butt-hurt over being called racists, because they voted for someone who ran on a fascist platform? Complicity with racism is also racism.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
26-11-2016, 03:33 PM
(26-11-2016 03:20 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  You don't even know what the alt-right is. You are buying into a media-fed definition that wants to apply the racist label to everything alt-right.

See Also: The Regressive Left

(26-11-2016 03:20 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The simple defition of alternative-right is any person that doesn't fit into mainstream "christian conservative" or "economic conservative" and also stands against liberal ideology. They want to maintain American culture and identity and believe in a strict reading of the constitution with the founders intent as the true meaning of the Bill of Rights.

So how is seeing black people as three fifths a person not racist?

(26-11-2016 03:20 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The original alt-right types were the Pat Buchanan republicans. Paleoconservatives. Anti-neocon.

But they're evidently not just that any more.

(26-11-2016 03:20 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Pretty much any group that is right leaning that doesn't fit with the christian right or the Reagan/Bush right wing is alt-right.

Including the racist ones.

(26-11-2016 03:20 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I am considered alt-right as an atheist republican. I am still a right leaner on guns, immigration, and a few other things but I reject religion in politics, the Iraq War, and a lot of trickle down economic ideas.

Yeah, too bad you voted for a idiotic fascist with a theocrat sidekick.

(26-11-2016 03:20 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Racist alt-right is a tiny fraction of the whole of alt-right. Millions of Americans can be labeled alt-right. 200 people showed up to Richard Spencer's racist gala.

Vandals SJW's are a tiny fraction of the whole of liberalism. Millions of Americans can be labeled liberals. Less than 200 people showed up to smash glass at an otherwise peaceful Black Lives Mater rally.

Boy howdy, does that look fucking familiar?

Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
26-11-2016, 03:53 PM
(26-11-2016 12:41 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 11:21 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  That's assuming that in some time in the future minorites don't go republican.

Yes, that is assuming that minorities won't side with the end of the political spectrum trying to discrimste against them. Thanks for the incredibly obvious statement.

Most republicans don't hate minorities. In fact that vast majority don't

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube