Since when has "Alt-Right" been synonymous with white nationalism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2016, 04:01 PM
RE: Since when has "Alt-Right" been synonymous with white nationalism?
(25-11-2016 05:48 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(25-11-2016 04:46 AM)Lucipurr Wrote:  It isn't.

The left just says it is.

Since when has feminism, liberalism, or social justice been synonymous with the regressive left?

It isn't.

The right just says it is.

Social Liberal here.

Feminism and the American left are cancer ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Gilgamesh's post
26-11-2016, 04:02 PM
(26-11-2016 03:53 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 12:41 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Yes, that is assuming that minorities won't side with the end of the political spectrum trying to discrimste against them. Thanks for the incredibly obvious statement.

Most republicans don't hate minorities. In fact that vast majority don't

When did I say most republicans "hate" minorities? I think (as I said) that the majority of them, at best, don't give a flying fuck about minorities or anyone that isn't "them."

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
26-11-2016, 04:04 PM
(26-11-2016 04:02 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 03:53 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Most republicans don't hate minorities. In fact that vast majority don't

When did I say most republicans "hate" minorities? I think (as I said) that the majority of them, at best, don't give a flying fuck about minorities or anyone that isn't "them."

Then I ask who said they didn't care? Or even that at some point that the republicans might fix something for minorities? Not like democrats are any better. All I can see as we'll see.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
26-11-2016, 04:11 PM
(26-11-2016 04:04 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 04:02 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  When did I say most republicans "hate" minorities? I think (as I said) that the majority of them, at best, don't give a flying fuck about minorities or anyone that isn't "them."

Then I ask who said they didn't care? Or even that at some point that the republicans might fix something for minorities? Not like democrats are any better. All I can see as we'll see.

I said they didn't care based upon my own observations and opinions. Me. I said it. In this thread. The day the GOP does something besides discriminate against anyone who isn't white and Christian will be quite the day indeed. Instead of waiting to see, open your eyes and look. 0_0

-Rick
26-11-2016, 04:14 PM
(26-11-2016 04:11 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 04:04 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Then I ask who said they didn't care? Or even that at some point that the republicans might fix something for minorities? Not like democrats are any better. All I can see as we'll see.

I said they didn't care based upon my own observations and opinions. Me. I said it. In this thread. The day the GOP does something besides discriminate against anyone who isn't white and Christian will be quite the day indeed. Instead of waiting to see, open your eyes and look. 0_0

I have, and republicans care for more than just whites. Hell even christians.[/i]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
26-11-2016, 04:18 PM
(26-11-2016 03:33 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 03:20 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The original alt-right types were the Pat Buchanan republicans. Paleoconservatives. Anti-neocon.

But they're evidently not just that any more.

Pat Buchanan as a paragon of racial inclusion would be quite the revelation. But everyday, I learn something new.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
26-11-2016, 04:22 PM
(26-11-2016 04:14 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 04:11 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I said they didn't care based upon my own observations and opinions. Me. I said it. In this thread. The day the GOP does something besides discriminate against anyone who isn't white and Christian will be quite the day indeed. Instead of waiting to see, open your eyes and look. 0_0

I have, and republicans care for more than just whites. Hell even christians.[/i]

You have what?

I'm fuck all tired of the GOP and their bullshit platitudes and half-assed rhetoric to make it look like they give a fuck. The GOP are controlled by a bunch of rich white assholes and propped up by an overtly religious and conservative base who'd make us a theocracy if given the chance.

And I'm even more tired of this rhetoric implying (or explicitly saying) that democrats are just as bad as republicans. Bullshit. This article hits on that a bit:
http://www.newsweek.com/myths-cost-democ...ion-521044

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
26-11-2016, 04:44 PM
(26-11-2016 03:20 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 02:42 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Does your extended family consider themselves to be part of the Alt-Right? If not, your comment is a bit pointless. The Alt-Right is animated by racism and sexism amongst other things. All Trump voters were not all member of the Alt-Right or racist and sexist, but they prefered the display of sexism and racism of Trump over the shady behavior of Clinton. If you want to defend the Alt-Right from accusation of racism and sexism go right ahead, present your case.are

You don't even know what the alt-right is. You are buying into a media-fed definition that wants to apply the racist label to everything alt-right.

The simple defition of alternative-right is any person that doesn't fit into mainstream "christian conservative" or "economic conservative" and also stands against liberal ideology. They want to maintain American culture and identity and believe in a strict reading of the constitution with the founders intent as the true meaning of the Bill of Rights.

The original alt-right types were the Pat Buchanan republicans. Paleoconservatives. Anti-neocon.

Pretty much any group that is right leaning that doesn't fit with the christian right or the Reagan/Bush right wing is alt-right.

I am considered alt-right as an atheist republican. I am still a right leaner on guns, immigration, and a few other things but I reject religion in politics, the Iraq War, and a lot of trickle down economic ideas.

Racist alt-right is a tiny fraction of the whole of alt-right. Millions of Americans can be labeled alt-right. 200 people showed up to Richard Spencer's racist gala.
And that's different from the tea party and needed a different label how?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
26-11-2016, 05:04 PM
(26-11-2016 04:22 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 04:14 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I have, and republicans care for more than just whites. Hell even christians.[/i]

You have what?

I'm fuck all tired of the GOP and their bullshit platitudes and half-assed rhetoric to make it look like they give a fuck. The GOP are controlled by a bunch of rich white assholes and propped up by an overtly religious and conservative base who'd make us a theocracy if given the chance.

And I'm even more tired of this rhetoric implying (or explicitly saying) that democrats are just as bad as republicans. Bullshit. This article hits on that a bit:

First, i don't care if they are white. If i had to choose between white folks who knew what they were doing or a multi racial group that ruined shit,i'll choose the white folks. As a black person, I am tired of this identity politics shit.

Second, The DNC was rigged against bernie. Hell even trump was pushed by the DNC. Their emails showed it. Also none of the russian crap, because wikileaks doesn't work for putin or trump, and don't shot the messenger, because it wasn't the russians who wrote them. That is why the democrats are like republicans. They care when it is important.

26-11-2016, 05:05 PM
(26-11-2016 05:04 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 04:22 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You have what?

First, i don't care if they are white. If i had to choose between white folks who knew what they were doing or a multi racial group that ruined shit,i'll choose the white folks. As a black person, I am tired of this identity politics shit.

Second, The DNC was rigged against bernie. Hell even trump was pushed by the DNC. Their emails showed it. Also none of the russian crap, because wikileaks doesn't work for putin or trump, and don't shot the messenger, because it wasn't the russians who wrote them. That is why the democrats are like republicans. They care when it is important.

Horseshit. The lot of it. Read the article I linked.

-Rick