Since when has "Alt-Right" been synonymous with white nationalism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2016, 05:07 PM
RE: Since when has "Alt-Right" been synonymous with white nationalism?
(26-11-2016 05:05 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 05:04 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  First, i don't care if they are white. If i had to choose between white folks who knew what they were doing or a multi racial group that ruined shit,i'll choose the white folks. As a black person, I am tired of this identity politics shit.

Second, The DNC was rigged against bernie. Hell even trump was pushed by the DNC. Their emails showed it. Also none of the russian crap, because wikileaks doesn't work for putin or trump, and don't shot the messenger, because it wasn't the russians who wrote them. That is why the democrats are like republicans. They care when it is important.

Horseshit. The lot of it. Read the article I linked.

I did, they aren't the first to make this argument.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2016, 05:11 PM
(26-11-2016 05:07 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 05:05 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Horseshit. The lot of it. Read the article I linked.

I did, they aren't the first to make this argument.

I suppose there isn't much left to say if facts don't persuade your opinion. Drinking Beverage

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
26-11-2016, 05:13 PM
(26-11-2016 05:11 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 05:07 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I did, they aren't the first to make this argument.

I suppose there isn't much left to say if facts don't persuade your opinion. Drinking Beverage

Hey if fact I'll change mind. But the claims they made have been refuted. I understand your fustration, but don't pretend the article you posted wasn't biased.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
26-11-2016, 06:53 PM
(26-11-2016 03:20 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  You don't even know what the alt-right is. You are buying into a media-fed definition that wants to apply the racist label to everything alt-right.

I didn't say that all members of the Alt-Right were racist. I said that most if not all of its leaders were a combination of racist, sexist and/or homophobe). To put it simply, all racist conservative with the exception of dominionists are member of the Alt-Right.

(26-11-2016 03:20 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The simple defition of alternative-right is any person that doesn't fit into mainstream "christian conservative" or "economic conservative" and also stands against liberal ideology. They want to maintain American culture and identity and believe in a strict reading of the constitution with the founders intent as the true meaning of the Bill of Rights.

The original alt-right types were the Pat Buchanan republicans. Paleoconservatives. Anti-neocon.

Pretty much any group that is right leaning that doesn't fit with the christian right or the Reagan/Bush right wing is alt-right.

Traditional American culture and identity is teinted by racism, classism and sexism. Paloconservatism is characterised, amongst other thing, for its support of the traditional family unit which is in direct opposition to LGBTQ rights and men and women social, political and economical equality. Thus, since it defend the source of sexual inequality by defending and exalting the family model that supported those inequality, it is sexist. Paleoconservatism is supporting traditional gender roles that ostracised LGBTQs, subjugated women and marginalised a good number of men.

Considering the isolationism and nativism of paleoconservative, while not specificaly racist, are certainly willing to support and exalt the social, economical and political structure that favorise the rise of racism and can certainly be qualified of xenophobe in many circomstances.

(26-11-2016 03:20 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I am considered alt-right as an atheist republican. I am still a right leaner on guns, immigration, and a few other things but I reject religion in politics, the Iraq War, and a lot of trickle down economic ideas.

Racist alt-right is a tiny fraction of the whole of alt-right. Millions of Americans can be labeled alt-right. 200 people showed up to Richard Spencer's racist gala.

You are indeed a member of the Alt-Right in my opinion. You are indeed, due to your atheism, "an orphan" of the Republicans. Millions of Americans are also in your position, much like, on the other side of the spectrum, millions of Americans are "orphan" of the Democrats. Yet, millions of Americans, due to their support of various causes, institutions and ideologies, can be qualified of xenophobe, racist, classist and/or sexist to various degrees. Some are simply a bit bigoted on those issues, while other a dangerous extremists. Some of these people are left leaning, other are right leaning. Nobody as the monopoly of vice and virtue. They don't like to be called such thing by strangers (or even people close to them) for it's insulting and hurtful, but it doesn't mean such accusations are without cause.

I don't know about your family members, but I know I called you racist due to your support of the deportation of all Muslim from the American territory. I also taxed you of xenophobia for your fear mongering in various thread linked to terrorism and imigration. I strongly suspect you are very frustrated by this, due to your tone and lashback, but a cat is cat and racism is racism. Currently, I don't consider you a bad representative of the Alt-Right and this means, that while we may agree on several subject and have a civil and pleasant conversation on various topic, you remain, as of now, a racist person to me. It doesn't mean you are a monster or that I wished you dead, silenced forever, deported or sanctionned (unless you suddenly transform into a prohiminent public figure). If you think that racism is abused as a label, I think it has been charged with to much disgust to the point it became such a huge flaw that no one can be qualified seriously by it unless they also eat toddlers. In return, this lead to racists and bigots to deny their flaws instead of recognising them and, hopefully, working on them. Your defense of the Alt-Right uses the same type of strategy. Racism and sexism are such terrible insults and flaws, that surely, no mentally stable individual who has friends and family can be such a thing and yet such is the case.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
26-11-2016, 11:21 PM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2016 11:24 PM by GirlyMan.)
(26-11-2016 03:20 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  They want to maintain American culture and identity ...

Which culture and identity is that?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-11-2016, 11:34 PM
(26-11-2016 04:01 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(25-11-2016 05:48 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Since when has feminism, liberalism, or social justice been synonymous with the regressive left?

It isn't.

The right just says it is.

Social Liberal here.

Feminism and the American left are cancer ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sure thing, because sexual equality and progressiveness are bad. Thanks for proving my point. Facepalm

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
27-11-2016, 04:39 AM
(26-11-2016 11:34 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 04:01 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Social Liberal here.

Feminism and the American left are cancer ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sure thing, because sexual equality and progressiveness are bad. Thanks for proving my point. Facepalm

Feminism isn't the only word for sexual equality though. And the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

27-11-2016, 06:22 AM
(27-11-2016 04:39 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 11:34 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Sure thing, because sexual equality and progressiveness are bad. Thanks for proving my point. Facepalm

Feminism isn't the only word for sexual equality though. And the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Does that stop the right from smearing the label?

If feminism is a 'cancer', so is the Alt-Right, and for the very same reasons. I have zero fucking sympathy.

Plus, the road to hell is paved in asphalt and ice.

[Image: road-sign-pointing-to-hell-along-snowy-c...?s=640x640]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
27-11-2016, 06:25 AM
(26-11-2016 03:20 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 02:42 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Does your extended family consider themselves to be part of the Alt-Right? If not, your comment is a bit pointless. The Alt-Right is animated by racism and sexism amongst other things. All Trump voters were not all member of the Alt-Right or racist and sexist, but they prefered the display of sexism and racism of Trump over the shady behavior of Clinton. If you want to defend the Alt-Right from accusation of racism and sexism go right ahead, present your case.are

You don't even know what the alt-right is. You are buying into a media-fed definition that wants to apply the racist label to everything alt-right.

The simple defition of alternative-right is any person that doesn't fit into mainstream "christian conservative" or "economic conservative" and also stands against liberal ideology. They want to maintain American culture and identity and believe in a strict reading of the constitution with the founders intent as the true meaning of the Bill of Rights.

The original alt-right types were the Pat Buchanan republicans. Paleoconservatives. Anti-neocon.

Pretty much any group that is right leaning that doesn't fit with the christian right or the Reagan/Bush right wing is alt-right.

I am considered alt-right as an atheist republican. I am still a right leaner on guns, immigration, and a few other things but I reject religion in politics, the Iraq War, and a lot of trickle down economic ideas.

Racist alt-right is a tiny fraction of the whole of alt-right. Millions of Americans can be labeled alt-right. 200 people showed up to Richard Spencer's racist gala.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
27-11-2016, 10:27 AM
(27-11-2016 06:22 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  If feminism is a 'cancer', so is the Alt-Right, and for the very same reasons. I have zero fucking sympathy.

I can agree the alt-right is cancer, but not for the same reason.