Sing Christian Song at Grandmother's Funeral??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2015, 05:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2015 05:28 PM by ELK12695.)
RE: Sing Christian Song at Grandmother's Funeral??
Sing this (not implying anybody deserves hell, I'd just love to see their faces if you did)

Okay, jokes aside. This is my favorite song about death out there:

It doesn't mention the afterlife, only the part about remembering the one that is gone. You can comfort your family with that Dave Mustaine is currently a crazy christian (but he wasn't that crazy when he wrote this song). You might need a guitar to back you up though, that can be downside to it.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
05-06-2015, 06:01 PM
"Heaven for the Weather" by The Streets would be also useful for this occasion.

"I wanna go to Heaven for the weather ,
Hell for the company!
I wanna go to Heaven for the weather,
but Hell seems like fun to me"!
Big Grin

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
05-06-2015, 06:35 PM
You could sing this without being offensive to anyone:

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
05-06-2015, 11:09 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2015 11:41 PM by kim.)
Keep it simple.

Yep, may as well go there with Patsy ...

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
06-06-2015, 01:19 AM
People are going to be angry with you for singing a Christian song in your grandmother's honor at her funeral because they don't think you're enough of a believer? They can go fuck themselves. This is between you and your grandmother.
[+] 4 users Like Mr. Boston's post
06-06-2015, 01:29 AM
(05-06-2015 02:46 PM)lovehumanitynotinsanity Wrote:  I was thinking of doing an inspirational and religiously ambiguous song like You Raise Me Up, but my parents are insistent that I do one of several religious songs.

If they want to hear one of those songs, let them get up on stage and sing them. The performer decides the set, period.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
06-06-2015, 03:38 AM
(05-06-2015 02:46 PM)lovehumanitynotinsanity Wrote:  Even though it is my grandmother who requested that I sing at her funeral

Do the song that she would have wanted you to sing. If she had no preference then sing what you would want.

While funerals are for the living, they work as a reminder of who and what the deceased person was. That includes their tastes and the music that they liked. It's a way of remembering the totality of their life in order to move on and accept that nothing will be added to it from now on.

If you are worried about what people may think then say beforehand that this is the song that you think she would have been most pleased to know was being sung at her funeral.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
06-06-2015, 04:04 AM
The funeral is about your grandmother, not you.

Sing the damned song. I gather she had a song in mind?

If not sing anything you like. Provided it reflects the deceased, not the vocalist.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post