Single Malt

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2016, 09:12 AM
Are you interested in spirits?
Hi,

Anyone here interested in spirits? I’m currently involved with Glenivet (a sweet Speyside single malt) and Talisker (a salty single malt from the Western islands). Others are waiting quietly in the cellar.

The Glenlivet came with some ‘whisky stones’ which are actual stones that you freeze and put in the whisky like ice cubes. That way it avoids diluting the dram.

What’s your poison?

D.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2016, 09:19 AM
RE: Are you interested in spirits?
Ah. Smile

I have a friend who's quite into such things. Will try and get them interested in posting to you. Wink

Thumbsup
23-08-2016, 09:19 AM
I see spirits when I’ve had too much Glenmorangie.

[Image: glenmorangie-whisky.jpg]

I’m just happy that the sixteen men were from Tain and not the nearby village of Taint.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
23-08-2016, 09:30 AM
Full Circle,

Excellent! The Glenmorangie always has a central place on my shelves. Can't think of a metaphor, but the G. is an everyman's whisky, maybe the most popular seller over here. Hmm, what would it be if it was a car?

To me, the Glenlivet is a Jaguar and the Talisker a Porsche. Ridiculously subjective of course.

D.
23-08-2016, 09:49 AM
(23-08-2016 09:12 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  Hi,

Anyone here interested in spirits? I’m currently involved with Glenivet (a sweet Speyside single malt) and Talisker (a salty single malt from the Western islands). Others are waiting quietly in the cellar.

The Glenlivet came with some ‘whisky stones’ which are actual stones that you freeze and put in the whisky like ice cubes. That way it avoids diluting the dram.

What’s your poison?

D.
Most of my tipple is Speyside. I currently have on the shelf:

Speyburn
Aultmore
Lismore
Tomintoul
Glen Moray

Have you tried The Balvenie? Double casked, oak and cherry. Angel
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
23-08-2016, 11:35 AM
Quote:Anyone here interested in spirits?

Oh yes, my wife thinks everything tastes the same and cannot understand some of my expenditures Facepalm Shy

I have always been a bourbon man, just about any top shelf bourbon has some appeal to me, but I favor Noah's Mill.

My old chief of police got me into Scotch, I had tried it and hated it before, inexpensive blends, but he introduced me to single malts. I believe the first one he fed me was GlenDronach. My favorite is probably...Glenmorangie Signet, if I had to pick.

For sitting around getting blasted with the guys, we have a sort of secret drink...it's the original product made by Jeremiah Weed, of Canada. It's a 100 proof Bourbon Liqueur, and it's amazing. We've been drinking it for 30 years, and sometimes refer to ourselves as "Jeri's Kids", because after a night of Jeri, you need someone to have a telethon in your honor to help you recover, lol. (Google Jerry's kids if you're too young to get that)

I like top shelf Tequila, no particular favorite, as long as it's not a cheap white bar tequila.

It's funny, I tended bar at three different clubs on the San Antonio river walk while I was in college, made huge money (I'd have $1000 nights in the mid 80's) but never developed a taste for anything but "Strong and cheap" until many years later. I could rattle off all sorts of things about booze for the customer's sake, but to me, it was all just alcohol. Youth...it's wasted on the young. Cool

I enjoy drinks made with vodka, and Russian friends keep trying to turn me into a "Vodka-holic", but as long as it's a decent brand and cold...it all tastes like rubbing alcohol to me. Not necessarily a bad thing, but...it's essentially flavorless to my palate.

Rum is better spiced and mixed with fruity crap. After the third one...WGAS?
23-08-2016, 11:50 AM
I could tell you why I haven't had rum since 1976, but nobody ever thanks me when I do. Gasp
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-08-2016, 12:10 PM
(23-08-2016 11:50 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I could tell you why I haven't had rum since 1976, but nobody ever thanks me when I do. Gasp

LOL...I think my wife has a similar story. If I SAY "Rum" she gets queasy...
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
23-08-2016, 12:16 PM
I loooove spirits. I'm on a self-imposed break from them for a few months but when I'm in the drinking mood, I enjoy Glenlivet, Glenfiddich, Glenmorangie, and I also really enjoy Crown Royal.

I don't usually care for mixed drinks, but once in awhile I'm up for a fruity martini.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
23-08-2016, 12:25 PM
I like rum, gin and vodka and I don't have favorite brand, just try to avoid lowest class.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.