Single Malt

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2016, 07:03 PM
RE: Are you interested in spirits?
(24-08-2016 06:42 AM)Marozz Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 05:28 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  I'm four days sober, but I still have fond memories of Absinthe.

[Image: absinthe-fairy-and-glass.jpg?w=584]

I also have fond memories of Absinthe,, although there have been a few nights on the Absinthe that I can't remember at all.Tongue

I might still get the annual bottle of christmas absinthe. Or Halloween absinthe.

I just can't drink every day anymore. Too many old friends that I'm too drunk to drive and see.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2016, 07:09 PM
Sounds like a lotta hocus pocus to me.

24-08-2016, 11:16 PM
Tartarus Sauce is gearing up for a scotch and whiskey taste-a-thon. He's not normally a scotch drinker, so I felt it was my responsibility to at least expose him to the elixir of the Gods... if for no other purpose than to be able to participate in threads like these. Smile

He will begin collecting miniature bottles of scotch and whiskey (as directed by me) that are available in various stores in his area.

Mind helping me come up with a decent list? Remember I want good and bad ones on there.

Good:
Glenlivit 18 is a must have

Moderate:
Crown Royal

Bad:
Johnny Walker Red
Jim Beam (Does JB Belong down here?)
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
24-08-2016, 11:23 PM
(23-08-2016 09:19 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I see spirits when I’ve had too much Glenmorangie.

[Image: glenmorangie-whisky.jpg]

I’m just happy that the sixteen men were from Tain and not the nearby village of Taint.

Damn you, Full Circle. Damn you all to hell! You took my joke. Dodgy

Well OOPS! Big fucking oops! I'm totally confused. I thought the thread was about spirits that haunt and stuff like that.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
25-08-2016, 06:35 AM
(24-08-2016 07:03 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 06:42 AM)Marozz Wrote:  I also have fond memories of Absinthe,, although there have been a few nights on the Absinthe that I can't remember at all.Tongue

I might still get the annual bottle of christmas absinthe. Or Halloween absinthe.

I just can't drink every day anymore. Too many old friends that I'm too drunk to drive and see.

In my younger days, once a bottle of whiskey was opened, we wouldn't stop till the bottle was empty. These days I just have a few cans of beer in the evening. If I'm in the pub I stick to the Guinness. The whiskey I drink on special occasions.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
25-08-2016, 09:12 AM
(24-08-2016 12:58 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  The Glen Moray is a smooth drop and not too expensive. I have Auchentoshan, Ledaig, Aberlour, Craigellachie, Inchgower, Fettercairn.

I tried Aberlour on the recommendation of the Scotch expert at a local liquor store. Quite nice, although not spectacularly distinctive or memorable.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-08-2016, 09:31 AM
(24-08-2016 11:23 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 09:19 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I see spirits when I’ve had too much Glenmorangie.

[Image: glenmorangie-whisky.jpg]

I’m just happy that the sixteen men were from Tain and not the nearby village of Taint.

Damn you, Full Circle. Damn you all to hell! You took my joke. Dodgy

Well OOPS! Big fucking oops! I'm totally confused. I thought the thread was about spirits that haunt and stuff like that.

I’m sorry DF2. You know what they say, what goes around comes around Angel

[Image: keep-calm-but-everything-must-come-full-circle.jpg]

[Image: fullcircle_banner-sm.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
25-08-2016, 12:56 PM
(24-08-2016 11:16 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Tartarus Sauce is gearing up for a scotch and whiskey taste-a-thon. He's not normally a scotch drinker, so I felt it was my responsibility to at least expose him to the elixir of the Gods... if for no other purpose than to be able to participate in threads like these. Smile

He will begin collecting miniature bottles of scotch and whiskey (as directed by me) that are available in various stores in his area.

Mind helping me come up with a decent list? Remember I want good and bad ones on there.

Good:

Moderate:
Crown Royal

Bad:
Johnny Walker Red

Jim Beam Devil's Cut is OK.

Try Crown Royal and peppermint schnapps 50/50. It's called a Detroit Shooter. I haven't had one of those in years, though.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
26-08-2016, 01:43 AM
(24-08-2016 11:16 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Tartarus Sauce is gearing up for a scotch and whiskey taste-a-thon. He's not normally a scotch drinker, so I felt it was my responsibility to at least expose him to the elixir of the Gods... if for no other purpose than to be able to participate in threads like these. Smile

Good:

Moderate:
Crown Royal

Bad:
Johnny Walker Red

Aliza,

Agreed on the Johnny Walker and Jim Beam. My nadir was a Canadian spirit called 'Old Redwood'. It had been in the shop so long the bottle was stuck to the shelf. I kept it around for a while as medicinal, but in the end it had to go away. Sad.

D.

PS - I don't want to knock the makers too much, maybe it was just my taste buds?
[+] 1 user Likes Dworkin's post
26-08-2016, 08:42 AM
(26-08-2016 01:43 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  

Good:

Moderate:
Crown Royal

Bad:
Johnny Walker Red

Aliza,

Agreed on the Johnny Walker and Jim Beam. My nadir was a Canadian spirit called 'Old Redwood'. It had been in the shop so long the bottle was stuck to the shelf. I kept it around for a while as medicinal, but in the end it had to go away. Sad.

D.

PS - I don't want to knock the makers too much, maybe it was just my taste buds?

Even hooch has a shelf life. Then again it may have been only useful for thinning paint to start with. Somewhere, someone probably likes it!