Single biggest objection.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-05-2014, 05:06 PM
Single biggest objection.
As some of you may be aware, I am a Christian. I and many other Christians point to the Holy Bible as one of the primary sources of knowledge regarding the God we worship.

I am aware that there may be individuals here who have objections to the contents of the Bible. For instance, some one here may object to the Bible's claim to be the word of God.

Some may object to the Bible's views on homosexuality.

These are just two examples.

In this thread I invite anyone who has an objection to the Bible to tell me what their single biggest objection is and if one particular objection is found to be more prevalent than others, I will attempt to address it.

Please state the objection and why it is your single biggest objection.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Jeremy E Walker's post
20-05-2014, 05:09 PM
RE: Single biggest objection.
(20-05-2014 05:06 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  As some of you may be aware, I am a Christian. I and many other Christians point to the Holy Bible as one of the primary sources of knowledge regarding the God we worship.

I am aware that there may be individuals here who have objections to the contents of the Bible. For instance, some one here may object to the Bible's claim to be the word of God.

In this thread I invite anyone who has an objection to the Bible to tell me what their single biggest objection is and if one particular objection is found to be more prevalent than others, I will attempt to address it.

It's fiction.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 26 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
20-05-2014, 05:15 PM
(20-05-2014 05:09 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 05:06 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  As some of you may be aware, I am a Christian. I and many other Christians point to the Holy Bible as one of the primary sources of knowledge regarding the God we worship.

It's fiction.

^^^ this.
20-05-2014, 05:15 PM

You don't believe in the Koran ? and what's your objection for accepting Alah as your god and Mohammed as the prophet ? Thumbsup
20-05-2014, 05:19 PM

Hey the first 5 books are fiction guess that fucks up the entire thing huh.

Hmm no exodus either. Whoops

Hmm seems shaky. No David means no house of David means no liniage to your super zombie.

Eek!

So you see all you worship is just 1 cultures mythology repackaged.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 10 users Like Revenant77x's post
20-05-2014, 05:27 PM
So far I have two for fiction, one red herring, and maybe another for its fiction.

I notice a trend.
[+] 1 user Likes Jeremy E Walker's post
20-05-2014, 05:34 PM
Another one for fiction Drinking Beverage

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
20-05-2014, 05:45 PM (This post was last modified: 20-05-2014 06:08 PM by sporehux.)
(20-05-2014 05:27 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  So far I have two for fiction, one red herring, and maybe another for its fiction.

I notice a trend.

The commandments ?. they are for a male authoritarian human figure, not a deity. who ever claims the voice of god has unquestioning authority over the popeulation

Where is thou shall not own people as property*1, shall not rape*2,
thou shall wash your hands ( this would have saved trillions of lives)

The good commandments are common sense plagiarized from previous cultures.

notably the Instructions of Shuruppak 2600 BC , look it up if you want to lose your religion.
Only 2 of the first 10 are in our laws, ones most animals/insects have evolved for self preservation.

The absurdity of some of the commandments, if from a God, it is a mad god.

*1:If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property
~Exodus 21:20-21

*2:If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes/seize's her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives
~Deuteronomy 22:28-29 note: seize = rape as per Genesis 34:1-7

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 3 users Like sporehux's post
20-05-2014, 05:46 PM
From the answers, the most prevalent objection is that the Bible is a work of fiction.

For those that objected on this basis I now ask: what reason(s), and or evidence do you have to support this truth claim?
20-05-2014, 05:47 PM
(20-05-2014 05:27 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  So far I have two for fiction, one red herring, and maybe another for its fiction.

I notice a trend.

We reject the bible for the same reason you reject Islam.Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post