Single biggest objection.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2014, 05:14 AM
RE: Single biggest objection.
(21-05-2014 04:55 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 04:21 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  You're a lazy little weazel, which is one reason you're so ignorant.

I'm no more lazy for not watching four hours of supposed bible debunking than you would be for not watching four hours of bible defending.

Nice try though. Too bad it is another ad hominem.

An ad hominem is when you make a personal attack in place of reason or evidence; not in addition to.

You can't be bothered to spend a few hours to potentially learn something new, therefore you are ascribing yourself to being purposely ignorant, therfore the insult is justified by your own (in)actions.

Also, go fuck yourself dumbass... Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
21-05-2014, 05:27 AM
(21-05-2014 05:14 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 04:55 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I'm no more lazy for not watching four hours of supposed bible debunking than you would be for not watching four hours of bible defending.

An ad hominem is when you make a personal attack in place of reason or evidence; not in addition to.

You can't be bothered to spend a few hours to potentially learn something new, therefore you are ascribing yourself to being purposely ignorant, therfore the insult is justified by your own (in)actions.

Another statement of atheist dogma.

Use obscenities when they do not agree with you and justify your insults.

I get the increasing impression that I am talking with rebellious teenagers as opposed to honest adults.
21-05-2014, 05:35 AM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2014 06:00 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(21-05-2014 04:55 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 04:21 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  You're a lazy little weazel, which is one reason you're so ignorant.

I'm no more lazy for not watching four hours of supposed bible debunking than you would be for not watching four hours of bible defending.

I'm very happy to watch any hours of "Bible Defending".
I am NOT afraid of anything presented. I am well prepared by EDUCATION for that. You on the other hand are simply AFRAID that there are no defenses available to the FACTS presented by REAL SCHOLARS and REAL SCIENTISTS, and REAL experts, and you are AFRAID you will not be up to the task. Not surprising that someone who is totally unable to provide even basic definitions for the concepts he wishes to discuss and debate is AFRAID that he is unable to do just that.

What you HAVE demonstrated is, that you are able and willing to discuss and debate something ONLY if it's done in the terms you have been taught in Apologetics for Dummies class weekend seminar.

Get off our fucking lawn, and go away you worthless troll.
You are a dishonest intellectual piece of shit.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 6 users Like Bucky Ball's post
21-05-2014, 05:35 AM
(21-05-2014 05:27 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 05:14 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  An ad hominem is when you make a personal attack in place of reason or evidence; not in addition to.

Another statement of atheist dogma.

Use obscenities when they do not agree with you and justify your insults.

I get the increasing impression that I am talking with rebellious teenagers as opposed to honest adults.

An honest adult would keep to their promises in the OP, and not try to reverse the burden after the fact.

An honest adult would take the time, if they were truly interested in find the truth instead of being convinced that they have it already, to check out and study opposing viewpoints and evidence instead of going 'LOL TL;DR'.

An honest adult doesn't get butthurt when someone calls them out on their obvious bullshit.

There is someone here acting like a spoiled, petulant child all right; that would be you jackass. So in conclusion...

[Image: 6a0120a95a88d5970b01a73da0baa0970d-800wi]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
21-05-2014, 05:36 AM
I object to the elitism of God's "people":

In the O.T., God chose a specific tribe of people as Her (God) own, Israelites, forsaking all others and giving those others as plunder to Her own.

In the N.T., all people who do not accept Jesus as their personal savior and believe that he died for their sins so they might have eternal life will be cast into a lake of fire for eternity.

Disclaimer: this is not the reason I am atheist.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post
21-05-2014, 05:38 AM
The problem is Jeremy, no one here has any hope any more that you will listen to any evidence put forward. Someone who has seen those videos could put forward a summary, which is what you previously suggested, but you would still argue against it. If someone posts a scientific paper no one has expectation that you will read it. How about a video 10 minutes long? 5 minutes?

The shorter the video or the easier it is to read the easier it will be for you to dismiss it by finding a question to ask not covered in its short format.

And if someone posts in their own words an argument based on their understanding of the science, you will either ask for links as proof, or ignore the post completely because you do not understand it.

You are now at the stage that you have to convince people here that you do actually want to listen to counter-evidence. In the meantime, people will continue to post videos and papers for all the lurkers who genuinely do want to learn about new things.

But we all know that's not what you are here for. You are just trying to ask questions in order to increase doubt rather than put forward any particular argument of your own that needs to be defended.
[+] 7 users Like Mathilda's post
21-05-2014, 06:00 AM
(21-05-2014 05:38 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  But we all know that's not what you are here for. You are just trying to ask questions in order to increase doubt :snip

I hear what you're saying Mathilda, and I believe you are mostly right, but as far as Jeremy trying to increase doubt, I don't see that as a problem.

Our um Christian friends/adversaries on the forum are just about all trying their best to inspire doubt. It's their calling.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post
21-05-2014, 06:01 AM
(21-05-2014 05:38 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  The problem is Jeremy.

Fixt! Thumbsup

[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post
21-05-2014, 06:30 AM
(21-05-2014 05:35 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 04:55 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I'm no more lazy for not watching four hours of supposed bible debunking than you would be for not watching four hours of bible defending.

I'm very happy to watch any hours of "Bible Defending".
I am NOT afraid of anything presented. I am well prepared by EDUCATION for that. You on the other hand are simply AFRAID that there are no defenses available to the FACTS presented by REAL SCHOLARS and REAL SCIENTISTS, and REAL experts, and you are AFRAID you will not be up to the task. Not surprising that someone who is totally unable to provide even basic definitions for the concepts he wishes to discuss and debate is AFRAID that he is unable to do just that.

What you HAVE demonstrated is, that you are able and willing to discuss and debate something ONLY if it's done in the terms you have been taught in Apologetics for Dummies class weekend seminar.

Get off our fucking lawn, and go away you worthless troll.
You are a dishonest intellectual piece of shit.

Seems to be a trend. When all else fails, attack the man at the end of what you say to give it extra kick, as if the attack will make all that precedes it somehow true.

You still resort to the atheist dogma of personal attack and insult.

It does not surprise me, in fact, its predictable. I can elicit a reaction from you by making certain statements and like a beast is governed by natural instinct, you respond.
21-05-2014, 06:34 AM
What is "atheist dogma" ?

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 4 users Like War Horse's post