Single biggest objection.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2014, 06:37 AM
RE: Single biggest objection.
You fail and err in your judgement, any here who think I am intent on convincing anyone of anything.

That is not why I am here.

I am researching the psychology of unbelief and am gathering data, forming hypotheses, and conducting thought experiments here.

I am fascinated at how the Bible speaks on unbelief and am comparing its views with what I experience and observe in reality.

The accuracy with which the Bible speaks on this issue is astounding. I have quotes from atheists themselves that corroborate the Biblical view.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2014, 06:53 AM
(21-05-2014 06:37 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I am researching the psychology of unbelief and am gathering data, forming hypotheses, and conducting thought experiments here.

Have you researched your own unbelief in the countless thousands of other gods that have existed in human culture throughout history?
[+] 2 users Like Elder Cunningham's post
21-05-2014, 07:03 AM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2014 07:11 AM by sporehux.)
(21-05-2014 06:37 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  You fail and err in your judgement, any here who think I am intent on convincing anyone of anything.

That is not why I am here.

I am researching the psychology of unbelief and am gathering data, forming hypotheses, and conducting thought experiments here.

I am fascinated at how the Bible speaks on unbelief and am comparing its views with what I experience and observe in reality.

The accuracy with which the Bible speaks on this issue is astounding. I have quotes from atheists themselves that corroborate the Biblical view.

That's because there were rational people 2000 years ago that were a threat to the religious conquest of feeble minds.
the only thing astounding is your utter ignorance of how your "words from god" were inked and the historical events around it..

If comments about unbelief is proof then the qua-ran is more valid as it mentions atheists 10 times more then the bible does.

Also you may want to look up the word
"research"
the systematic investigation into and study of materials and sources in order to establish facts and reach new conclusions.

Quote mining for validation of your beliefs is not research, and that last bit "new conclusions" is incompatible with theistic dogma, you have to believe what your grandpapy believed.

Aristophanes (c. 448-380 BCE)
"Shrines! Shrines! Surely you don't believe in the gods. What's your argument? Where's your proof?"

Aristotle (384-322 BCE)
"Prayers and sacrifices to the gods are of no avail"

"A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side."

"Men create gods in their own image, not only with regard to their form but with regard to their mode of life."

Diogenes of Sinope (412?-323 BCE)
"When I look upon seamen, men of science, and philosophers, man is the wisest of all things. When I look upon priests, prophets, and interpreters of dreams, nothing is so contemptible as a man."

Epicurus (341-270 BCE)
"...Men, believing in myths, will always fear something terrible, everlasting punishment as certain or probable. ...Men base all these fears not on mature opinions, but on irrational fancies, so that they are more disturbed by fear of the unknown than by facing facts. Peace of mind lies in being delivered from all these fears."

"A man cannot dispel his fear about the most important matters if he does not know what is the nature of the universe but suspects the truth of some mythical story. So that without natural science it is not possible to attain our pleasures unalloyed."

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ...If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ...If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?"

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 4 users Like sporehux's post
21-05-2014, 07:04 AM
(21-05-2014 06:34 AM)War Horse Wrote:  What is "atheist dogma" ?

The 'ma' or mother of a dog is a bitch...

therefore... atheist bitch!

I think it's a kinda like compliment

(21-05-2014 06:37 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  ...

I've seen managers and jealous lovers and politicians use the technique to which you refer ... or at least, one to which you might be referring.

The attempts to pre-discredit a rival or opponent.

It's particularly prevalent in office politics:
"Have you seen the new girl... I bet she only got the job because of her long legs.... how long before the boss gets to spread them, I wonder?"
"I bet if you ask her if she has slept with the boss, she'll deny it."
"Watch your back, I say. And don't trust anything she says."

Don't listen to false prophets, say I.

Y'know, like all of them.

Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
21-05-2014, 07:05 AM
(21-05-2014 06:53 AM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 06:37 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I am researching the psychology of unbelief and am gathering data, forming hypotheses, and conducting thought experiments here.

Have you researched your own unbelief in the countless thousands of other gods that have existed in human culture throughout history?

Yes.
21-05-2014, 07:07 AM
IT'S STILL FICTION!

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 3 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
21-05-2014, 07:07 AM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2014 07:24 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(21-05-2014 06:30 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 05:35 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I'm very happy to watch any hours of "Bible Defending".
I am NOT afraid of anything presented. I am well prepared by EDUCATION for that. You on the other hand are simply AFRAID that there are no defenses available to the FACTS presented by REAL SCHOLARS and REAL SCIENTISTS, and REAL experts, and you are AFRAID you will not be up to the task. Not surprising that someone who is totally unable to provide even basic definitions for the concepts he wishes to discuss and debate is AFRAID that he is unable to do just that.

What you HAVE demonstrated is, that you are able and willing to discuss and debate something ONLY if it's done in the terms you have been taught in Apologetics for Dummies class weekend seminar.

Get off our fucking lawn, and go away you worthless troll.
You are a dishonest intellectual piece of shit.

Seems to be a trend. When all else fails, attack the man at the end of what you say to give it extra kick, as if the attack will make all that precedes it somehow true.

You still resort to the atheist dogma of personal attack and insult.

It does not surprise me, in fact, its predictable. I can elicit a reaction from you by making certain statements and like a beast is governed by natural instinct, you respond.

There is no "atheist dogma of personal attack and insult". If you have done what you agreed to at the top of this thread, there would be a discussion.
You have brought the ridicule you reap on yourself by your own dishonesty and ignorance. Nice try at deflection though. You STILL refuse to discuss ANY Biblical concept in context. You sir are an ignoramus You actually know nothing about the BIBLE ... which IS the topic YOU started, you dishonest troll. Everyone here has seen what YOU have done here. Do you think Jebus likes it that you know nothing about the subject you PRETEND to be able to discuss ? You are the very definition of a charlatan.

But thanks for again proving you are a dishonest piece of intellectual shit, and totally inept, and not up to the task here. Do you plan on EVER getting an education on the subject you pretend to be able to discuss ?

What we do see here is the tactic that if one FAILS to follow through with what one says one will do, and gets called out on it, the theist resorts to whining and saying they are being attacked. YOU failed to do what YOU promised. You now need to turn the thread away from attention on that, to other things. That is what is "predictable" here.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 7 users Like Bucky Ball's post
21-05-2014, 07:08 AM
(21-05-2014 06:34 AM)War Horse Wrote:  What is "atheist dogma" ?

I repeat...... what is "atheist dogma"

In case you need help, "Dogma is a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true."

How does that apply to atheists ?

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 2 users Like War Horse's post
21-05-2014, 07:09 AM
(21-05-2014 07:05 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 06:53 AM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  Have you researched your own unbelief in the countless thousands of other gods that have existed in human culture throughout history?

Yes.

(At work on phone)

And what are/were your results/findings?
21-05-2014, 07:10 AM
(21-05-2014 07:05 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 06:53 AM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  Have you researched your own unbelief in the countless thousands of other gods that have existed in human culture throughout history?

Yes.

I still don't believe you.
Show me, ON POINT, belief over truth.