Single biggest objection.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2014, 08:06 AM
RE: Single biggest objection.
(21-05-2014 08:02 AM)pablo628 Wrote:  2. You are not here to convince me of anything? Then why are you here at all? go away

pablo, pablo, pablo.....No

I know you are new here and all, but, its time you learned .....the correct term is

"shoo fly!" and the credit goes to Moms.

Thumbsup

carry on!

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
21-05-2014, 08:14 AM
(21-05-2014 08:06 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 08:02 AM)pablo628 Wrote:  2. You are not here to convince me of anything? Then why are you here at all? go away

pablo, pablo, pablo.....No

I know you are new here and all, but, its time you learned .....the correct term is

"shoo fly!" and the credit goes to Moms.

Thumbsup

carry on!

Thanks for the "heads up" Thumbsup
Props to Moms!
I will try to spank the nasties more better in the future.Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
21-05-2014, 08:26 AM
(21-05-2014 07:37 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 06:37 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I am researching the psychology of unbelief and am gathering data, forming hypotheses, and conducting thought experiments here.

You would benefit more from exploring the possibility that there is no god rather than trying to understand the psychology of a group of people who have absolutely nothing else in common.

In essence you are not asking the right question and this means that you will receive the wrong answer. You are asking what psychological features are common to atheists. You are assuming from the outset that there are some and that atheism is an abnormal or alternative state of mind.

You are trying to appear scientific but you are not questioning your underlying assumptions.

I do not feel compelled to explore the possibility that God does not exist anymore than I feel compelled to explore the possibility that I do not exist.
21-05-2014, 08:27 AM
(21-05-2014 07:40 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Jeremy in your theistic world you are surrounded by asses and yet you still can't figure out where shit comes from.

I would doubt any so called "research" that you conducted.

That is fine. Your responses will be put into my data pool.

Thank you.
21-05-2014, 08:34 AM
Single biggest objection.
(21-05-2014 08:27 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 07:40 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Jeremy in your theistic world you are surrounded by asses and yet you still can't figure out where shit comes from.

I would doubt any so called "research" that you conducted.

That is fine. Your responses will be put into my data pool.

Thank you.

"Data pool"...lol that's adorable!
[+] 4 users Like hotnostril's post
21-05-2014, 08:35 AM
(21-05-2014 08:02 AM)pablo628 Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 07:23 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I don't care if you believe me honestly. I am not here to convince you of anything.

1. You don't care? You still haven't answered the challenge. Prove it (nice christian attitude by the way).
2. You are not here to convince me of anything? Then why are you here at all? go away

I stated why I was here. I am doing research.
21-05-2014, 08:42 AM
My single biggest objection:
The abusive treatment of people in it.
Or "Hell."

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
21-05-2014, 08:46 AM
(21-05-2014 08:35 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 08:02 AM)pablo628 Wrote:  1. You don't care? You still haven't answered the challenge. Prove it (nice christian attitude by the way).
2. You are not here to convince me of anything? Then why are you here at all? go away

I stated why I was here. I am doing research.

Research? For what EXACTLY?
I mean EXACTLY!
Do not steer away, EXACTLY what you mean.
21-05-2014, 08:48 AM
(21-05-2014 08:42 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  My single biggest objection:
The abusive treatment of people in it.
Or "Hell."

Well hell is not a biblical concept. It is influenced by Tartarus from the greeks and is much more a medieval invention. John Milton's Paradise Lost and Dante's Inferno did much more to shape when modern christians think about hell than the bible does.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
21-05-2014, 08:48 AM
(21-05-2014 08:27 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Your responses will be put into my data pool.

I guess that's one way to spend your time.

And by all means, feel free to introduce your hypotheses to the forum for a thought provoking peer-review (along with the usual slander, I guess).

Btw do you have a specific goal with these studies? Or is it more like a past time hobby of yours?

Cheers Smartass

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?