Single biggest objection.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2014, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2014 12:41 PM by Jeremy E Walker.)
RE: Single biggest objection.
I will allow one of you to debate me in the boxing ring.

The topic will be :

Contributions of the followers of Christ's teachings and imitators of His life to the children of the world compared to the contributions of those who are self-proclaimed atheists to the children of the world.

No videos will be utilized in the debate.

Whoever accepts the offer first will be the one to debate me.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2014, 12:39 PM
(21-05-2014 12:35 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I will allow one of you to debate me in the boxing ring.

The topic will be :

Contributions of the followers of Christ to the children of the world compared to the contributions of those who are self-proclaimed atheists to the children of the world.

No thanks, that is a great opportunity for lots of picking and chooseing selective events and people.
21-05-2014, 12:40 PM
(21-05-2014 12:39 PM)wazzel Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 12:35 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I will allow one of you to debate me in the boxing ring.

The topic will be :

Contributions of the followers of Christ to the children of the world compared to the contributions of those who are self-proclaimed atheists to the children of the world.

No thanks, that is a great opportunity for lots of picking and chooseing selective events and people.

Thank you for considering.
21-05-2014, 12:50 PM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2014 12:55 PM by Stevil.)
(21-05-2014 03:46 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I am true to my word and addressed the claims by asking for evidence for their claim.

I do not make it a habit of devoting my time to addressing unfounded quips and opinions or youtube videos that would necessitate me watching hours of something that could easily be summarized by the person who posted them.
A person with a modicum of common sense can see why non believers would consider the bible myth-stories to be fiction. Given that the bible includes stories of magic and super natural beings, of people living for hundreds of years, of talking snakes, and talking bushes.
Are you going to address people's concerns, or are you going to continue your little games?

What would Jesus do? Cool
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
21-05-2014, 12:53 PM

The topic will be :

Contributions of the followers of Christ's teachings and imitators of His life to the children of the world compared to the contributions of those who are self-proclaimed atheists to the children of the world.

You have to be able to actually answer questions in order to debate. You've proven you can't or won't. So no.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
21-05-2014, 01:00 PM
(21-05-2014 12:53 PM)Impulse Wrote:  

The topic will be :

You have to be able to actually answer questions in order to debate. You've proven you can't or won't. So no.

Thank you for considering. : )
21-05-2014, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2014 01:07 PM by Reltzik.)

The topic will be :

Clarify two points of the topic for us, if you would.

First, what counts as a contribution to the "children of the world"? Scientific advancement? Spread of homophobia? Burning children as witches? Advancing literacy? Advancing literacy but with a negative price tag attached?

Second, what counts as a follower of Christ's teachings and imitators of his life? Just anyone who calls themselves Christian, or is there a more specific threshold? What will the standard of evidence be to establish that someone has or hasn't cleared that threshold? If there is no such standard, how will we resolve "yes he was one"/"no he was not" arguments in the debate?

EDIT: Dangit, got quoted while I was edit-modifying the post. I hates it when that happens.
[+] 4 users Like Reltzik's post
21-05-2014, 01:03 PM
(21-05-2014 01:02 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  

The topic will be :

Clarify two points of the topic for us, if you would.

First, What counts as a follower of Christ's teachings and imitators of his life? Just anyone who calls themselves Christian, or is there a more specific threshold? What will the standard of evidence be to establish that someone has or hasn't cleared that threshold?

Second, what counts as a contribution to the "children of the world"? Scientific advancement? Spread of homophobia? Burning children as witches? Advancing literacy? Advancing literacy but with a negative price tag attached?

ThumbsupThumbsup good post

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
21-05-2014, 01:12 PM
(21-05-2014 12:50 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 03:46 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I am true to my word and addressed the claims by asking for evidence for their claim.

I do not make it a habit of devoting my time to addressing unfounded quips and opinions or youtube videos that would necessitate me watching hours of something that could easily be summarized by the person who posted them.
A person with a modicum of common sense can see why non believers would consider the bible myth-stories to be fiction. Given that the bible includes stories of magic and super natural beings, of people living for hundreds of years, of talking snakes, and talking bushes.
Are you going to address people's concerns, or are you going to continue your little games?

Jesus would love you, as I do.

Jesus would also know why it is that you ask what you do. Some times people asked Him questions to try and trap Him. Sometimes they were genuinely concerned and wanted to believe in Him but had certain doubts about Him. He responded to each person differently.

I do not know your intentions. I do love you. But I also have something called wisdom and discernment. So I will engage you one on one in a debate or answer you via PM if you like if it is about something specific.

I will no longer be responding in depth to vague questions or questions that I think are disingenuous.
21-05-2014, 01:20 PM
(21-05-2014 01:12 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 12:50 PM)Stevil Wrote:  A person with a modicum of common sense can see why non believers would consider the bible myth-stories to be fiction. Given that the bible includes stories of magic and super natural beings, of people living for hundreds of years, of talking snakes, and talking bushes.

Jesus would love you, as I do.

Jesus would also know why it is that you ask what you do. Some times people asked Him questions to try and trap Him. Sometimes they were genuinely concerned and wanted to believe in Him but had certain doubts about Him. He responded to each person differently.

I do not know your intentions. I do love you. But I also have something called wisdom and discernment. So I will engage you one on one in a debate or answer you via PM if you like if it is about something specific.

I will no longer be responding in depth to vague questions or questions that I think are disingenuous.

Buttttt you never responded to the members serious questions.
[+] 3 users Like Leo's post