Single biggest objection.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2014, 01:22 PM
RE: Single biggest objection.
(21-05-2014 01:12 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 12:50 PM)Stevil Wrote:  A person with a modicum of common sense can see why non believers would consider the bible myth-stories to be fiction. Given that the bible includes stories of magic and super natural beings, of people living for hundreds of years, of talking snakes, and talking bushes.
Are you going to address people's concerns, or are you going to continue your little games?

What would Jesus do? Cool

Jesus would love you, as I do.

Jesus would also know why it is that you ask what you do. Some times people asked Him questions to try and trap Him. Sometimes they were genuinely concerned and wanted to believe in Him but had certain doubts about Him. He responded to each person differently.

I do not know your intentions. I do love you. But I also have something called wisdom and discernment. So I will engage you one on one in a debate or answer you via PM if you like if it is about something specific.

I will no longer be responding in depth to vague questions or questions that I think are disingenuous.

Trolling atheist sites is the way you "love" us ? Okkkkkkkay. Rolleyes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Leo's post
21-05-2014, 01:24 PM
(21-05-2014 12:35 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  No videos will be utilized in the debate.
Yeah because evidence is a terrible thing. Not good for maintaining delusions at all. No

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
21-05-2014, 01:35 PM
No sense debating this fool, he will just ignore questions and facts put to him.

Proof is in the fact that I asked him 3 times to tell us what his term "atheist dogma" was. A very simple question that goes unanswered still.

Debating this moron would give him credibility in his own eyes, like he's worthy enough to even give us the time of day.... Fuck of troll, nobody cares about your delusional rhetoric.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 6 users Like War Horse's post
21-05-2014, 01:35 PM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2014 01:55 PM by Losty.)
(21-05-2014 06:37 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  You fail and err in your judgement, any here who think I am intent on convincing anyone of anything.

That is not why I am here.

I am researching the psychology of unbelief and am gathering data, forming hypotheses, and conducting thought experiments here.

I am fascinated at how the Bible speaks on unbelief and am comparing its views with what I experience and observe in reality.

The accuracy with which the Bible speaks on this issue is astounding. I have quotes from atheists themselves that corroborate the Biblical view.

You know how we know that's not true? Because people gave you real objections with no insults and you did not even respond to them. You said name your objection and I will address it. Not name your objection and I will ask you to prove the validity of that objection.
You haven't addressed anything. You haven't provided any information. You are a liar. That is not an insult that is a fact.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 9 users Like Losty's post
21-05-2014, 01:47 PM
(21-05-2014 01:20 PM)Leo Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 01:12 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Jesus would love you, as I do.

Jesus would also know why it is that you ask what you do. Some times people asked Him questions to try and trap Him. Sometimes they were genuinely concerned and wanted to believe in Him but had certain doubts about Him. He responded to each person differently.

I do not know your intentions. I do love you. But I also have something called wisdom and discernment. So I will engage you one on one in a debate or answer you via PM if you like if it is about something specific.

I will no longer be responding in depth to vague questions or questions that I think are disingenuous.

Buttttt you never responded to the members serious questions.

In one way or another I have responded to each question I have felt is sincere. I have also responded to some I felt were not.

If in anything I have erred regarding my discernment, I will be held accountable by God and the loss will be mine to bear. So I try to always initially give people the benefit of the doubt.
21-05-2014, 01:59 PM
(21-05-2014 01:35 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 06:37 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  You fail and err in your judgement, any here who think I am intent on convincing anyone of anything.

That is not why I am here.

I am researching the psychology of unbelief and am gathering data, forming hypotheses, and conducting thought experiments here.

I am fascinated at how the Bible speaks on unbelief and am comparing its views with what I experience and observe in reality.

The accuracy with which the Bible speaks on this issue is astounding. I have quotes from atheists themselves that corroborate the Biblical view.

You know how we know that's not true? Because people have you real objections with no insults and you did not even respond to them. You said name your objection and I will address it. Not name your objection and I will ask you to prove the validity of that objection.
You haven't addressed anything. You haven't provided any information. You are a liar. That is not an insult that is a fact.

I said I would attempt to address the objection I found to be most prevalent. This much is true. I never promised to refute or disprove anything.

My posts bear this out. It is there for everyone to see.

Nor did I make a promise to not ask anyone any questions nor did I promise that I would not ask someone to back up their claims.

I never said I would provide any information.

I said "I will attempt to address it."

Now if you can find a dictionary that will tell you that the word "address" means to answer without asking questions, then do so.

If not, why are you calling me a liar?
21-05-2014, 02:03 PM

I really strongly dislike anyone who says this. It smacks of condenscention and cheapens love, reducing it to something meaningless. It's like a king saying he "loves" his subjects as most of them starve from want of food, while his own bely remains full.

I've had other theist types try to convince me their "love" for me was genuine and I simply refuse to buy into that. You cannot love anyone you don't know.

I really wish they would simply say like instead. Love surely isn't applicable.

Jeremy, don't bother replying to this in some attempt to placate or validate your response. That you truly do love me, a complete stranger, as much as you might love a parent, child or wife. Unless you spend all your time uncntollably weeping and attending funeral services for people you don't know.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 10 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-05-2014, 02:09 PM
(21-05-2014 01:47 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  In one way or another I have responded to each question I have felt is sincere.
Astronomy is sincerely fascinating.

That was my "response" to your point in the same way you have "responded" to anything. Drinking Beverage

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
21-05-2014, 02:10 PM
(21-05-2014 02:03 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

I really strongly dislike anyone who says this. It smacks of condenscention and cheapens love, reducing it to something meaningless. It's like a king saying he "loves" his subjects as most of them starve from want of food, while his own bely remains full.

I've had other theist types try to convince me their "love" for me was genuine and I simply refuse to buy into that. You cannot love anyone you don't know.

I really wish they would simply say like instead. Love surely isn't applicable.

Jeremy, don't bother replying to this in some attempt to placate or validate your response. That you truly do love me, a complete stranger, as much as you might love a parent, child or wife. Unless you spend all your time uncntollably weeping and attending funeral services for people you don't know.

Why can I not love someone I do not personally know?
21-05-2014, 02:13 PM
Single biggest objection.
(21-05-2014 01:47 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 01:20 PM)Leo Wrote:  Buttttt you never responded to the members serious questions.

In one way or another I have responded to each question I have felt is sincere. I have also responded to some I felt were not.

If in anything I have erred regarding my discernment, I will be held accountable by God and the loss will be mine to bear. So I try to always initially give people the benefit of the doubt.

Also because you're a liar.

And put your "love" away, stop trying to force it on other forumites. It's creepy.

β€œIt is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 4 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post