Single biggest objection.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2014, 02:35 PM
RE: Single biggest objection.
(21-05-2014 02:31 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 02:20 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Because you do not know them. I don't hate you Jeremy, I don't know you well enough to personally hate you or waste the energy hate uses to apply it to you.

From what I have observed of you on this forum however I will now say...

Shoo fly!

I have never personally met you this is true.

But how does that equate to me not being able to love you?

Asked and already answered.

Shoo fly!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-05-2014, 02:41 PM
(21-05-2014 02:29 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 02:17 PM)John Wrote:  You seem to have a weird idea of what love is.

Why?

I actually liked your first question better: What is love?

Sounds more sincere.

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
[+] 1 user Likes John's post
21-05-2014, 02:49 PM
(21-05-2014 01:59 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 01:35 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  You know how we know that's not true? Because people have you real objections with no insults and you did not even respond to them. You said name your objection and I will address it. Not name your objection and I will ask you to prove the validity of that objection.
You haven't addressed anything. You haven't provided any information. You are a liar. That is not an insult that is a fact.

I said I would attempt to address the objection I found to be most prevalent. This much is true. I never promised to refute or disprove anything.

My posts bear this out. It is there for everyone to see.

Nor did I make a promise to not ask anyone any questions nor did I promise that I would not ask someone to back up their claims.

I never said I would provide any information.

I said "I will attempt to address it."

Now if you can find a dictionary that will tell you that the word "address" means to answer without asking questions, then do so.

If not, why are you calling me a liar?

Great. You've asked your questions, you still have not addressed anything. We are waiting.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 4 users Like Losty's post
21-05-2014, 02:49 PM
(21-05-2014 01:12 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 12:50 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Are you going to address people's concerns, or are you going to continue your little games?

What would Jesus do? Cool

Jesus would love you, as I do.

Jesus would also know why it is that you ask what you do. Some times people asked Him questions to try and trap Him. Sometimes they were genuinely concerned and wanted to believe in Him but had certain doubts about Him. He responded to each person differently.

I do not know your intentions. I do love you. But I also have something called wisdom and discernment.
It seems that your own definition of love is quite different from the one I use.
For me love includes respect, consideration and empathy.

When in discussion with a person I love, I afford them all of this.
If I make a promise to them then with integrity I hold to my promise. If they ask questions or answer my own request for concerns, I address this directly and honestly. I don't assume that the problem is with them. I assume they require some knowledge or clarification on something.

Thus if a person that I love suggests something I hold to be true is fiction, I don't insist they have made a truth claim, I don't insist them to provide proof that what I hold to be true is fiction. This approach would be silly and disingenuous and I don't take that approach with people I love. For example, I could claim that I have an invisible pet unicorn called Snuffy, if a loved one tells me that I am imagining Snuffy, that Snuffy is fictional, I don't then go down the disingenuous path of insisting they prove to me that Snuffy doesn't exist.
I know that the burden of proof is on me, and my claim that Snuffy exists. If I love these people I will take the honest approach and attempt to prove to them why I think Snuffy does exist.

Do you understand Jeremy?
If Jesus did exist and had intelligence and love, then he would respect the people he talks to, he would know the burdon of proof is on him and thus would not insist people to prove a negative. He would know he doesn't have proof and thus he would resort to emotional pleading, "Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe". That is all that he has at his disposal.
Your approach, Jeremy, is disengenuous and un-Jesus like.
[+] 10 users Like Stevil's post
21-05-2014, 02:52 PM
(21-05-2014 02:28 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 02:13 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  Also because you're a liar.

And put your "love" away, stop trying to force it on other forumites. It's creepy.

Why am I a liar?

I love you too. I love everyone here. This should not be a revelation to you. I told you I was a follower of Christ. Surely you have heard of How He loved?

Yea, you're a total creeper for sure. Keep your love to yourself.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 3 users Like Losty's post
21-05-2014, 03:00 PM
(21-05-2014 02:41 PM)John Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 02:29 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Why?

I actually liked your first question better: What is love?

Sounds more sincere.
Ha! I saw that too. He can't even make up his mind what he wants to troll with.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
21-05-2014, 03:19 PM
(21-05-2014 02:33 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Chas, I think this is more like JEW's song.

Nah. Jeremy "rape is okay if they deserve it" Walker deserves something... a little more special.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
21-05-2014, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2014 03:36 PM by rampant.a.i..)
Single biggest objection.
(21-05-2014 03:19 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 02:33 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Chas, I think this is more like JEW's song.

Nah. Jeremy "rape is okay if they deserve it" Walker deserves something... a little more special.

More like

http://youtu.be/9M8o_Q38Vs8

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
21-05-2014, 04:15 PM
(21-05-2014 12:35 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I will allow one of you to debate me in the boxing ring.

The topic will be :

Contributions of the followers of Christ's teachings and imitators of His life to the children of the world compared to the contributions of those who are self-proclaimed atheists to the children of the world.

No videos will be utilized in the debate.

Whoever accepts the offer first will be the one to debate me.

Ha ha ha.

"Allow", you say. How droll.

You can't debate yoir way out of uyour own ass.

Debate requires intellectiual honesty, a commodity you are completely devoid of.

As for your idiotic loaded toppic, calculated to give yourself plenty of weasel room:

[img]i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article223366.ece/alternates/s615/pic-image-2-890291132.jpg
[/img]

Go fuck yourself with a claw hammer.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
21-05-2014, 04:23 PM
(21-05-2014 01:12 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 12:50 PM)Stevil Wrote:  A person with a modicum of common sense can see why non believers would consider the bible myth-stories to be fiction. Given that the bible includes stories of magic and super natural beings, of people living for hundreds of years, of talking snakes, and talking bushes.
Are you going to address people's concerns, or are you going to continue your little games?

What would Jesus do? Cool

Jesus would love you, as I do.

You are a lying sack of shit.

[/quote]
Jesus would also know why it is that you ask what you do. Some times people asked Him questions to try and trap Him. Sometimes they were genuinely concerned and wanted to believe in Him but had certain doubts about Him. He responded to each person differently.

I do not know your intentions. I do love you. But I also have something called wisdom and discernment. [/quote]

You have demonstrated over and over here that you possess neither.

[/quote]

So I will engage you one on one in a debate or answer you via PM if you like if it is about something specific.

I will no longer be responding in depth to vague questions or questions that I think are disingenuous.
[/quote]

Ah, yes, the troll now realizes that it's in over its head.

So, you will be no longer posting vague and disingenuous comments or questions yourself -- which means that you will not be posting here anymore at all.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 3 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post