Single biggest objection.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2014, 04:52 AM
RE: Single biggest objection.
(21-05-2014 06:42 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 02:28 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Why am I a liar?

I love you too. I love everyone here. This should not be a revelation to you. I told you I was a follower of Christ. Surely you have heard of How He loved?

Isn't that nice. If he actually ever tells someone he knows, that he loves them, and they find this, they will know that to him. what he feels for them equates to some vague general emotion he feels for people he doesn't even know. That will make them feel REAL special , now won't it ? Great way to devalue "love". Sadcryface

I do not understand why love is necessarily devalued when the recipient of this love is not personally known to the one who loves.

I have never heard this argued before.

All I need to know is that you are a human being created in the Image of God and are therefore of infinite worth and value. In my eyes you are worthy of love by virtue of who you are, not what you do or think or whether or not I personally know you or agree with everything you say.

Now before God began showing what it meant to love someone I too would have laughed at the prospect of the possibility that a man could love all people. I tended to compartmentalize people when it came to love. I would say that I loved myself first and foremost, then my significant other, then my family, and as I moved further and further from myself (the center) love became like, and like became dislike and dislike became hate etc etc.

I am not like that now. I love all people, but in different ways now. There is no like or dislike or hate of a person in my heart. I may not like the things a person does or says or thinks, but I love the person.

Why? Because I would want them to love me and want the best for me. Not only that but the agape love of God has been shed abroad in my heart and this enables me to love.

Whenever I meet someone I imagine by virtue of their age that they are as my mother, my brother, my sister, my dad, and treat them the way I would want someone to treat my mother, my brother, my sister, my dad etc.

I would want them to be loved and treated with dignity and respect.

So I endeavor to do just that. This is what Jesus taught.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-05-2014, 04:56 AM
(21-05-2014 03:19 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 02:33 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Chas, I think this is more like JEW's song.

Nah. Jeremy "rape is okay if they deserve it" Walker deserves something... a little more special.

This song was a bit more than disturbing...... but , yeah, it applies to Jeremy.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
22-05-2014, 04:56 AM
(22-05-2014 01:28 AM)pablo628 Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 05:05 AM)pablo628 Wrote:  Single biggest objection: Proof

This is from page 11 of this thread.
Still no answer.
You replied to several posts but not this.
Why?

There is one of me with upwards of ten different people posting questions for me. If I miss yours then either I did not see it or was preoccupied responding to someone else.
22-05-2014, 05:03 AM
(22-05-2014 04:52 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I may not like the things a person does or says or thinks, but I love the person.

Why? Because I would want them to love me and want the best for me.

If you love someone because you wan't anything out of it, then you're doing it wrong. As fas as I can tell, you're not loving. Love is the epitome of unselfishness. You don't love someone because you wan't something for you. You love someone because you wan't something good for the beloved one.

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
[+] 2 users Like John's post
22-05-2014, 05:08 AM
Photo RE: Single biggest objection.
Jeremy aka Terry Big Grin

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
22-05-2014, 05:50 AM
(22-05-2014 04:56 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  There is one of me with upwards of ten different people posting questions for me. If I miss yours then either I did not see it or was preoccupied responding to someone else whacking off to all the attention.

Fix'd. Wink

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
22-05-2014, 06:51 AM
(22-05-2014 04:52 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I do not understand why love is necessarily devalued when the recipient of this love is not personally known to the one who loves.

Not surprising you don't get it. But if you generalize it this way, then specifically it's meaningless. It's the SAME thing as having sex with random people would be, just because you can. It then is no longer meaningful as something "special". YOU are not a god. YOU cannot encompass opposites. You must choose. Either it means something specific or it doesn't. Obviously it doesn't mean anything special to you.

(22-05-2014 04:52 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  All I need to know is that you are a human being created in the Image of God and are therefore of infinite worth and value. In my eyes you are worthy of love by virtue of who you are, not what you do or think or whether or not I personally know you or agree with everything you say.

You know nothing of the sort. That's anthropomorphized crap. If horses had gods, their gods would be horses.

(22-05-2014 04:52 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Now before God began showing what it meant to love someone I too would have laughed at the prospect of the possibility that a man could love all people. I tended to compartmentalize people when it came to love. I would say that I loved myself first and foremost, then my significant other, then my family, and as I moved further and further from myself (the center) love became like, and like became dislike and dislike became hate etc etc.

Your deity also showed man how to hate and murder people. You pick and choose, and purposely toss the bad parts. Your deity killed millions of innocent babies. Yeah your deity really "taught" humans what love was all about.

(22-05-2014 04:52 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Why? Because I would want them to love me and want the best for me. Not only that but the agape love of God has been shed abroad in my heart and this enables me to love.

Spare me the pious drivel. So you are selfish. All I want from people I don't know is respect for my rights. There is no god, and you have not demonstrated it in any way. Until you do, keep your deity in you pants.

(22-05-2014 04:52 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Whenever I meet someone I imagine by virtue of their age that they are as my mother, my brother, my sister, my dad, and treat them the way I would want someone to treat my mother, my brother, my sister, my dad etc.

I would want them to be loved and treated with dignity and respect.

So I endeavor to do just that. This is what Jesus taught.

Pious drivel. Jesus never existed, so he taught nothing. The attributes attributed to him were cooked up by his cult followers.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
22-05-2014, 06:52 AM
(22-05-2014 04:56 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 01:28 AM)pablo628 Wrote:  This is from page 11 of this thread.
Still no answer.
You replied to several posts but not this.
Why?

There is one of me with upwards of ten different people posting questions for me. If I miss yours then either I did not see it or was preoccupied responding to someone else.

Aaaaaaand he still didn't answer.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 5 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
22-05-2014, 06:57 AM
All together now ...

Single biggest objection: Proof
[+] 7 users Like Mathilda's post
22-05-2014, 07:04 AM
(22-05-2014 06:57 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  All together now ...

[Image: beatles.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post