Single biggest objection.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2014, 07:14 AM
RE: Single biggest objection.
(22-05-2014 03:35 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Now while I fully and happily admit to being a whore of the garden variety kind (Bangin if ya know what I mean) when it comes to a debate of any kind I have standards. Every single one of which you fail to meet in the most abject and demonstrable way. You, bluntly put, are not worth my time. You are dishonest, dishonorable, discourteous, intellectually prepubescent, and morally vacant.
These are not qualities I would find acceptable in a serial killer, let alone a debate partner. Until you address these and learn to carry yourself around this forum in a more Gentlemanly and honorable fashion you will remain unworthy of mine, or any other members, time irregardless of the frequency with which you speak.

Exhibit A.

Exhibit B.

Drink in that fail, friends.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like cjlr's post
22-05-2014, 07:23 AM
It wouldn't matter if ya could "prove" the thing. It's nasty, stupid, simplistic, antiquated, irrelevant... yada, yada, yada... besides the overwhelming consensus of knowledgeable theologians and scholars that communication from god occurs through imagery and not language. Fucking obviously. The only "words of god" spouted off from this glorified toilet paper comes from the mouths of arrogant, self-righteous douchebags projecting their own fears and apprehensions upon the gullible, docile masses.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
22-05-2014, 07:25 AM
(22-05-2014 07:14 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 03:35 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Now while I fully and happily admit to being a whore of the garden variety kind (Bangin if ya know what I mean) when it comes to a debate of any kind I have standards. Every single one of which you fail to meet in the most abject and demonstrable way. You, bluntly put, are not worth my time. You are dishonest, dishonorable, discourteous, intellectually prepubescent, and morally vacant.
These are not qualities I would find acceptable in a serial killer, let alone a debate partner. Until you address these and learn to carry yourself around this forum in a more Gentlemanly and honorable fashion you will remain unworthy of mine, or any other members, time irregardless of the frequency with which you speak.

Exhibit A.

Exhibit B.

Drink in that fail, friends.

[Image: THE_2ef2a9_807264.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
22-05-2014, 07:27 AM
(22-05-2014 06:57 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  All together now ...

Single biggest objection: Proof

<crickets>

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 3 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
22-05-2014, 07:56 AM
(22-05-2014 05:03 AM)John Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 04:52 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I may not like the things a person does or says or thinks, but I love the person.

Why? Because I would want them to love me and want the best for me.

If you love someone because you wan't anything out of it, then you're doing it wrong. As fas as I can tell, you're not loving. Love is the epitome of unselfishness. You don't love someone because you wan't something for you. You love someone because you wan't something good for the beloved one.

Exactly.

I agree.

Read carefullly what I wrote. I did not say that I love people in order that I might be loved. That would be loving for my own sake or for something in return i.e. the love of another.

When I use the phrase "I would want them to etc etc." I am simply acknowledging that that is how I know loving all people is right despite their beliefs, despite their actions towards me etc etc.

You treat others the way you would want to be treated.

In fact Christ said that love is the fulfilling of the Law. If I love you, I will do you no wrong.

Jesus made it simple. So simple even a child can understand this for it is of great importance.
22-05-2014, 08:04 AM
(22-05-2014 05:03 AM)John Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 04:52 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I may not like the things a person does or says or thinks, but I love the person.

Why? Because I would want them to love me and want the best for me.

If you love someone because you wan't anything out of it, then you're doing it wrong. As fas as I can tell, you're not loving. Love is the epitome of unselfishness. You don't love someone because you wan't something for you. You love someone because you wan't something good for the beloved one.

Remember ancient greek had multiple types of love. I forget which one, but there is a "brotherly love" one. IIRC It is more or less a well wishing, not being a jerk, hope you are happy even tho I do not know you thing. Nothing like a romantic or family or good friend type love. Those were specific types of love to the greeks.
22-05-2014, 08:05 AM
(22-05-2014 07:56 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 05:03 AM)John Wrote:  If you love someone because you wan't anything out of it, then you're doing it wrong. As fas as I can tell, you're not loving. Love is the epitome of unselfishness. You don't love someone because you wan't something for you. You love someone because you wan't something good for the beloved one.

Exactly.

I agree.

Read carefullly what I wrote. I did not say that I love people in order that I might be loved. That would be loving for my own sake or for something in return i.e. the love of another.

When I use the phrase "I would want them to etc etc."

[Image: snakeoil.jpg]

Liar.

Quote:I am simply acknkwledging that that is how I know loving all people is right despite their beliefs, despite their actions towards me etc etc.

*acknowledging

Your sad attempt at tap dancing FAILS, and you have revealed far more about yourself and your motives than you know.

It's NOT good.

Quote:You treat others the way you would want to be treated.

So, you would like us to come into your house and shit on your coffee table. Check.

'
Quote:In fact Christ said that love is the fulfilling of the Law.

What's this "christ" thing, and when did you demonstrate that such a thing actually existed?

Quote: If I love you, I will do you no wrong.

Aaaaaaaaaaand therein lies the massive self-delusion: "If I claim that I 'love' you, I can justify the most outrageous actions and kid myself into thinking I haven't wronged you."

The Liars For Jeebus Creed.

Quote:Jesus made it simple.

You have not shown this mythical person to actually have existed. Don't quote imaginary people and pretend that we will accept your presumption that they actually exist.

Quote:So simple even a child can understand this for it is of great importance.

Oh, look -- Condescension for Jeebus! All in the name of "love"!

[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
22-05-2014, 08:06 AM
(22-05-2014 04:56 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 01:28 AM)pablo628 Wrote:  This is from page 11 of this thread.
Still no answer.
You replied to several posts but not this.
Why?

There is one of me with upwards of ten different people posting questions for me. If I miss yours then either I did not see it or was preoccupied responding to someone else.
Well you saw it now. So now what's your excuse for not answering it? Consider

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
22-05-2014, 08:09 AM
(22-05-2014 07:27 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 06:57 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  All together now ...

Single biggest objection: Proof

<crickets>

CricketsCricketsCrickets

[+] 3 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
22-05-2014, 08:13 AM
(20-05-2014 05:06 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Please state the objection and why it is your single biggest objection.

Yeah, proof is the big one. Until there is proof then it is nothing but fiction and should be treated as such.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
[+] 1 user Likes Elskidor's post