Single biggest objection.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2014, 08:13 AM
RE: Single biggest objection.
(22-05-2014 06:51 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 04:52 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I do not understand why love is necessarily devalued when the recipient of this love is not personally known to the one who loves.

Not surprising you don't get it. But if you generalize it this way, then specifically it's meaningless. It's the SAME thing as having sex with random people would be, just because you can. It then is no longer meaningful as something "special". YOU are not a god. YOU cannot encompass opposites. You must choose. Either it means something specific or it doesn't. Obviously it doesn't mean anything special to you.

(22-05-2014 04:52 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  All I need to know is that you are a human being created in the Image of God and are therefore of infinite worth and value. In my eyes you are worthy of love by virtue of who you are, not what you do or think or whether or not I personally know you or agree with everything you say.

You know nothing of the sort. That's anthropomorphized crap. If horses had gods, their gods would be horses.

(22-05-2014 04:52 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Now before God began showing what it meant to love someone I too would have laughed at the prospect of the possibility that a man could love all people. I tended to compartmentalize people when it came to love. I would say that I loved myself first and foremost, then my significant other, then my family, and as I moved further and further from myself (the center) love became like, and like became dislike and dislike became hate etc etc.

Your deity also showed man how to hate and murder people. You pick and choose, and purposely toss the bad parts. Your deity killed millions of innocent babies. Yeah your deity really "taught" humans what love was all about.

(22-05-2014 04:52 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Why? Because I would want them to love me and want the best for me. Not only that but the agape love of God has been shed abroad in my heart and this enables me to love.

Spare me the pious drivel. So you are selfish. All I want from people I don't know is respect for my rights. There is no god, and you have not demonstrated it in any way. Until you do, keep your deity in you pants.

(22-05-2014 04:52 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Whenever I meet someone I imagine by virtue of their age that they are as my mother, my brother, my sister, my dad, and treat them the way I would want someone to treat my mother, my brother, my sister, my dad etc.

I would want them to be loved and treated with dignity and respect.

So I endeavor to do just that. This is what Jesus taught.

Pious drivel. Jesus never existed, so he taught nothing. The attributes attributed to him were cooked up by his cult followers.

You think it is drivel to say that men should love one another and want only the best for their fellow man.

I don't think its drivel. I think it is inconceivable how important it is that we love one another.

I will live my life according to This Law and you live your life according to the one of your choosing and our actions and conduct and manner of life will either vindicate the path we have chosen or we will be found lacking. Thus far, I have no regrets only great joy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-05-2014, 08:17 AM
(22-05-2014 08:05 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 07:56 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Exactly.

I agree.

Read carefullly what I wrote. I did not say that I love people in order that I might be loved. That would be loving for my own sake or for something in return i.e. the love of another.

When I use the phrase "I would want them to etc etc."

[Image: snakeoil.jpg]

Liar.

Quote:I am simply acknkwledging that that is how I know loving all people is right despite their beliefs, despite their actions towards me etc etc.

*acknowledging

Your sad attempt at tap dancing FAILS, and you have revealed far more about yourself and your motives than you know.

It's NOT good.

Quote:You treat others the way you would want to be treated.

So, you would like us to come into your house and shit on your coffee table. Check.

'
Quote:In fact Christ said that love is the fulfilling of the Law.

What's this "christ" thing, and when did you demonstrate that such a thing actually existed?

Quote: If I love you, I will do you no wrong.

Aaaaaaaaaaand therein lies the massive self-delusion: "If I claim that I 'love' you, I can justify the most outrageous actions and kid myself into thinking I haven't wronged you."

The Liars For Jeebus Creed.

Quote:Jesus made it simple.

You have not shown this mythical person to actually have existed. Don't quote imaginary people and pretend that we will accept your presumption that they actually exist.

Quote:So simple even a child can understand this for it is of great importance.

Oh, look -- Condescension for Jeebus! All in the name of "love"!

If you love me you will do me no wrong. If you love me.
22-05-2014, 08:19 AM
(22-05-2014 08:17 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 08:05 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  [Image: snakeoil.jpg]

Liar.

*acknowledging

Your sad attempt at tap dancing FAILS, and you have revealed far more about yourself and your motives than you know.

It's NOT good.

So, you would like us to come into your house and shit on your coffee table. Check.

'
What's this "christ" thing, and when did you demonstrate that such a thing actually existed?

Aaaaaaaaaaand therein lies the massive self-delusion: "If I claim that I 'love' you, I can justify the most outrageous actions and kid myself into thinking I haven't wronged you."

You have not shown this mythical person to actually have existed. Don't quote imaginary people and pretend that we will accept your presumption that they actually exist.

I don't love you, but I will still do you no wrong.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
22-05-2014, 08:22 AM
(22-05-2014 08:13 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 06:51 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Not surprising you don't get it. But if you generalize it this way, then specifically it's meaningless. It's the SAME thing as having sex with random people would be, just because you can. It then is no longer meaningful as something "special". YOU are not a god. YOU cannot encompass opposites. You must choose. Either it means something specific or it doesn't. Obviously it doesn't mean anything special to you.

You know nothing of the sort. That's anthropomorphized crap. If horses had gods, their gods would be horses.

Your deity also showed man how to hate and murder people. You pick and choose, and purposely toss the bad parts. Your deity killed millions of innocent babies. Yeah your deity really "taught" humans what love was all about.

Spare me the pious drivel. So you are selfish. All I want from people I don't know is respect for my rights. There is no god, and you have not demonstrated it in any way. Until you do, keep your deity in you pants.

Pious drivel. Jesus never existed, so he taught nothing. The attributes attributed to him were cooked up by his cult followers.

You think it is drivel to say that men should love one another and want only the best for their fellow man.

Says the closet homo (and rape apologist) who openly declares his bigotry right here in this forum.

Quote:I don't think its drivel. I think it is inconceivable how important it is that we love one another.

[Image: 19789999.jpg]

Quote:I will live my life according to This Law

Do you really think that we are impressed with something just because you capitalize it?

Kinda stupid for you to call it a "law". We don't fall under your "laws". And calling your batshit "call hatred 'love' creed" a "law" doesn't lend it any more weight or make it any less batshit.

Quote: and you live your life according to the one of your choosing and our actions and conduct and manner of life will either vindicate the path we have chosen or we will be found lacking.

That "question" has already been answered by your outrageous and hateful behavior here.

Quote: Thus far, I have only experienced blessing by living a lifr of love.

The delusion is strong with this one.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
22-05-2014, 08:22 AM
(22-05-2014 08:17 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  If you love me you will do me no wrong. If you love me.

Sorry, I'm immune to guilt trips.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 3 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
22-05-2014, 08:26 AM
(22-05-2014 08:17 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 08:05 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  [Image: snakeoil.jpg]

Liar.

*acknowledging

It's NOT good.

'

1) I don't fucking "love" you, not in the least. I would rather tear your fucking head off and shit down your fucking neck.

2) You come in our house, shit all over the place -- doing us wrong -- and now you justify it to YOURSELF by claiming your shit all over our house "out of love". You ARE doing us wrong. And NONE of us believes for a SECOND that you "love" us. You are a liar and a delusional gaslighting Cunt.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
22-05-2014, 08:27 AM
(22-05-2014 08:22 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  [Image: 19789999.jpg]

We have been watching this movie at least once every day lately.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
22-05-2014, 08:32 AM
(22-05-2014 08:04 AM)wazzel Wrote:  Remember ancient greek had multiple types of love. I forget which one, but there is a "brotherly love" one. IIRC It is more or less a well wishing, not being a jerk, hope you are happy even tho I do not know you thing. Nothing like a romantic or family or good friend type love. Those were specific types of love to the greeks.

That is indeed one of the problems, one word is hardly enough to describe all the nuanced feelings of love. When I say "I love you" it can have a wide range of meanings depending on context, and it typically doesn't mean the same what "I love cheeseburgers" does, the word 'love' has become extremely washed out to the point of being banal.

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
[+] 2 users Like John's post
22-05-2014, 08:40 AM
(22-05-2014 08:32 AM)John Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 08:04 AM)wazzel Wrote:  Remember ancient greek had multiple types of love. I forget which one, but there is a "brotherly love" one. IIRC It is more or less a well wishing, not being a jerk, hope you are happy even tho I do not know you thing. Nothing like a romantic or family or good friend type love. Those were specific types of love to the greeks.

That is indeed one of the problems, one word is hardly enough to describe all the nuanced feelings of love. When I say "I love you" it can have a wide range of meanings depending on context, and it typically doesn't mean the same what "I love cheeseburgers" does, the word 'love' has become extremely washed out to the point of being banal.

Yes. I also love everyone (unless I am given a reason to not), but not in an intimate way like I do my wife, kids, family or good friends. It is more of a general well wishing, but that just does not sound as cool.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
22-05-2014, 08:44 AM
Jeremy - if a person loves you, then they typically want to keep you safe from harm, so that no unnecessary pain comes to harm you. This love comes independent from that person's love for you. It's not a conditional love.

Your god, as you believe, doesn't seek to keep people safe from harm, but rather, seeks to end their lives in sometimes cruel and unusual ways. "His plan" is more important than the safety and well being of the living and breathing people he is suppose to be looking after.

Jeremy, I don't like many of the posts that you've made here, but I don't think your posts make you an unlikable person, just an unlikable poster. I could say that I don't like YOU, but then again, I don't know you. I don't know all the other stuff about you that might make you a good guy. All I know of you is what you write here on the forums.
Based off of that, there is a 01% chance that I wouldn't stop a bus from hitting you, but I'm a fairly moral atheist, so you always have that 99% chance that I would push you out of the way just in the nick of time.

You know those roads next to the Grand Canyon. I wouldn't let a bus hit you there.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 6 users Like Rahn127's post