Single biggest objection.
Post Reply
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
22-05-2014, 08:45 AM
RE: Single biggest objection.
(22-05-2014 08:13 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 06:51 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Not surprising you don't get it. But if you generalize it this way, then specifically it's meaningless. It's the SAME thing as having sex with random people would be, just because you can. It then is no longer meaningful as something "special". YOU are not a god. YOU cannot encompass opposites. You must choose. Either it means something specific or it doesn't. Obviously it doesn't mean anything special to you.


You know nothing of the sort. That's anthropomorphized crap. If horses had gods, their gods would be horses.


Your deity also showed man how to hate and murder people. You pick and choose, and purposely toss the bad parts. Your deity killed millions of innocent babies. Yeah your deity really "taught" humans what love was all about.


Spare me the pious drivel. So you are selfish. All I want from people I don't know is respect for my rights. There is no god, and you have not demonstrated it in any way. Until you do, keep your deity in you pants.


Pious drivel. Jesus never existed, so he taught nothing. The attributes attributed to him were cooked up by his cult followers.

You think it is drivel to say that men should love one another and want only the best for their fellow man.

I don't think its drivel. I think it is inconceivable how important it is that we love one another.

I will live my life according to This Law and you live your life according to the one of your choosing and our actions and conduct and manner of life will either vindicate the path we have chosen or we will be found lacking. Thus far, I have no regrets only great joy.

If that is the case then why be so deliberately deceptive, manipulative, dishonest, and apathetic to the people you so claim to love?

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Timber1025's post
22-05-2014, 08:52 AM
RE: Single biggest objection.
(22-05-2014 08:44 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Based off of that, there is a 01% chance that I wouldn't stop a bus from hitting you, but I'm a fairly moral atheist, so you always have that 99% chance that I would push you out of the way just in the nick of time.

You know those roads next to the Grand Canyon. I wouldn't let a bus hit you there.

Blink

Shocking



[Image: 20120622052737!Rofl.gif]


Yes

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!


Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77


You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-05-2014, 09:09 AM
RE: Single biggest objection.
(22-05-2014 08:44 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Jeremy - if a person loves you, then they typically want to keep you safe from harm, so that no unnecessary pain comes to harm you. This love comes independent from that person's love for you. It's not a conditional love.

Your god, as you believe, doesn't seek to keep people safe from harm, but rather, seeks to end their lives in sometimes cruel and unusual ways. "His plan" is more important than the safety and well being of the living and breathing people he is suppose to be looking after.

Jeremy, I don't like many of the posts that you've made here, but I don't think your posts make you an unlikable person, just an unlikable poster. I could say that I don't like YOU, but then again, I don't know you. I don't know all the other stuff about you that might make you a good guy. All I know of you is what you write here on the forums.
Based off of that, there is a 01% chance that I wouldn't stop a bus from hitting you, but I'm a fairly moral atheist, so you always have that 99% chance that I would push you out of the way just in the nick of time.

You know those roads next to the Grand Canyon. I wouldn't let a bus hit you there.

[Image: ISeeWhat.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
22-05-2014, 09:26 AM
RE: Single biggest objection.
(22-05-2014 09:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 08:44 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Jeremy - if a person loves you, then they typically want to keep you safe from harm, so that no unnecessary pain comes to harm you. This love comes independent from that person's love for you. It's not a conditional love.

Your god, as you believe, doesn't seek to keep people safe from harm, but rather, seeks to end their lives in sometimes cruel and unusual ways. "His plan" is more important than the safety and well being of the living and breathing people he is suppose to be looking after.

Jeremy, I don't like many of the posts that you've made here, but I don't think your posts make you an unlikable person, just an unlikable poster. I could say that I don't like YOU, but then again, I don't know you. I don't know all the other stuff about you that might make you a good guy. All I know of you is what you write here on the forums.
Based off of that, there is a 01% chance that I wouldn't stop a bus from hitting you, but I'm a fairly moral atheist, so you always have that 99% chance that I would push you out of the way just in the nick of time.

You know those roads next to the Grand Canyon. I wouldn't let a bus hit you there.

[Image: ISeeWhat.jpg]

[Image: h3022BEC3]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!


Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77


You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-05-2014, 09:28 AM
RE: Single biggest objection.
(22-05-2014 08:44 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  You know those roads next to the Grand Canyon. I wouldn't let a bus hit you there.

Epic burn is epic. Wink

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
22-05-2014, 09:29 AM
RE: Single biggest objection.
(22-05-2014 09:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 08:44 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Jeremy - if a person loves you, then they typically want to keep you safe from harm, so that no unnecessary pain comes to harm you. This love comes independent from that person's love for you. It's not a conditional love.

Your god, as you believe, doesn't seek to keep people safe from harm, but rather, seeks to end their lives in sometimes cruel and unusual ways. "His plan" is more important than the safety and well being of the living and breathing people he is suppose to be looking after.

Jeremy, I don't like many of the posts that you've made here, but I don't think your posts make you an unlikable person, just an unlikable poster. I could say that I don't like YOU, but then again, I don't know you. I don't know all the other stuff about you that might make you a good guy. All I know of you is what you write here on the forums.
Based off of that, there is a 01% chance that I wouldn't stop a bus from hitting you, but I'm a fairly moral atheist, so you always have that 99% chance that I would push you out of the way just in the nick of time.

You know those roads next to the Grand Canyon. I wouldn't let a bus hit you there.

[Image: ISeeWhat.jpg]


Remember, I say this because I love you. But dude, you look super creepy without the beard.

Keep the beard. Always keep the beard.

[Image: S1u7JiN.gif]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-05-2014, 09:49 AM
RE: Single biggest objection.
(22-05-2014 08:26 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 08:17 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  If you love me you will do me no wrong. If you love me.

1) I don't fucking "love" you, not in the least. I would rather tear your fucking head off and shit down your fucking neck.

2) You come in our house, shit all over the place -- doing us wrong -- and now you justify it to YOURSELF by claiming your shit all over our house "out of love". You ARE doing us wrong. And NONE of us believes for a SECOND that you "love" us. You are a liar and a delusional gaslighting Cunt.

I think the above just about sums it up.

I still care for you. Nothing you say to me can change that. I wish only the best for you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-05-2014, 09:57 AM
RE: Single biggest objection.
(22-05-2014 09:49 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 08:26 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  1) I don't fucking "love" you, not in the least. I would rather tear your fucking head off and shit down your fucking neck.

2) You come in our house, shit all over the place -- doing us wrong -- and now you justify it to YOURSELF by claiming your shit all over our house "out of love". You ARE doing us wrong. And NONE of us believes for a SECOND that you "love" us. You are a liar and a delusional gaslighting Cunt.

I think the above just about sums it up.

Yes, it does.


Quote:I still care for you. Nothing you say to me can change that. I wish only the best for you.

You are a gaslighting fucking liar.


If you "cared" for us, you would go the fuck away.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!


Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77


You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
22-05-2014, 10:01 AM
RE: Single biggest objection.
(22-05-2014 09:49 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I think the above just about sums it up.

I still care for you. Nothing you say to me can change that. I wish only the best for you.

Saying you love someone you've never seen or met is about as meaningful as saying you love an asteroid. I understand that in religious circles you earn bonus points for 'loving everybody unconditionally' but that's just an attempt to earn social credits. What is that really worth?

I'm willing to bet both my intestines that you do not love me as much as I love my wife. I'm willing to bet that if we monitored you and showed you pictures of family members and complete strangers, you would not have the same physical and chemical reactions. You don't know us as anything more than words on a screen. The kind of love that matters to me is earned, not passed out like a free pizza sample at the mall.

Maybe you love all of us like I 'love' all dogs. Dodgy

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like guitar_nut's post
22-05-2014, 10:07 AM
RE: Single biggest objection.
(22-05-2014 09:57 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 09:49 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I think the above just about sums it up.

Yes, it does.


Quote:I still care for you. Nothing you say to me can change that. I wish only the best for you.

You are a gaslighting fucking liar.


If you "cared" for us, you would go the fuck away.

I will soon.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply
Forum Jump: