Single biggest objection.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-05-2014, 06:24 PM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2014 05:36 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Single biggest objection.
(20-05-2014 06:13 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 05:53 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  We are not making a truth claim. We refute the truth claim made by the religious that the Bible is the word of God.

I count five people who claim the Bible is a work of fiction.

This is a truth claim. It is a truth bearing statement and by virtue of this, the statement is either true or false.

The five of you need to put your heads together and come up with some evidence or proof to support this claim.

And bro don't get mad at me because you put your foot in your mouth and said more than what you can back up.

Prove to me that the Bible is fiction i.e. imaginary, made up etc etc.

And do not try to shift the burden to me. That does not count as support or proof for your claim.

It's backed up in the videos you didn't bother to watch. YOU have the burden of proof in claiming a book of ancient mythology is literally true. No scholar today agrees that it is. YOU are the one WAY out in left field here. You are so ignorant of your own subject YOU don't even know that. Jeremy, you're making a fool of yourself.

There was no Exodus as stated in the Bible. Proven.
No flood. Proven.
No "paradise", no Adam, no Eve. Proven. No Abraham, no Isaac, no Jacob, proven. No Moses, (a mythical character form the Northern Kingdom's myth system).
Yahweh is misrepresented as the fact he had a wife is now suppressed, the return from Exile is lied about, the Kingdoms of David and Solomon were VASTLY exaggerated, the Edomite Kings are in the wrong order. Shall I go on ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like Bucky Ball's post
20-05-2014, 06:25 PM
(20-05-2014 06:16 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  You made slaves out of people, like the africans and europeans you dragged from their homes in order to have slaves and then used the bible as justification.

I did?

You have any evidence for this claim?
20-05-2014, 06:26 PM
That's a really hard choice. I don't have a problem with it being fiction. Most of the books I enjoy are either fiction or only based on true stories but not entirely accurate. I guess my biggest objection to the bible would be its promotion of violence (rape, pillaging, war, murder, sacrificing animals, child abuse etc.)
I definitely don't think it's acceptable reading for children.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
20-05-2014, 06:30 PM
Ya know Jeremy, you actually got some props for your Father's Day thread...too bad it's one post of many that are like this one. Some people try to give you a chance then you just dive back into your personal pile of crap.

And, yeah, the Holy Bibley is fiction.

Proof is easy enough to find...use Google.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
20-05-2014, 06:30 PM
(20-05-2014 06:13 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 05:53 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  We are not making a truth claim. We refute the truth claim made by the religious that the Bible is the word of God.

I count five people who claim the Bible is a work of fiction.

This is a truth claim. It is a truth bearing statement and by virtue of this, the statement is either true or false.

The five of you need to put your heads together and come up with some evidence or proof to support this claim.

And bro don't get mad at me because you put your foot in your mouth and said more than what you can back up.

Prove to me that the Bible is fiction i.e. imaginary, made up etc etc.

And do not try to shift the burden to me. That does not count as support or proof for your claim.

Before you attack him I for one did make a positive claim. However the bad part for Jeremy is I included evidence in my post. Sorry bud can't hand wash away history archaeology geology seismology plate tectonics. All of which are proof that the history put in the bible is not what actually happened.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
20-05-2014, 06:32 PM
(20-05-2014 06:26 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  That's a really hard choice. I don't have a problem with it being fiction. Most of the books I enjoy are either fiction or only based on true stories but not entirely accurate. I guess my biggest objection to the bible would be its promotion of violence (rape, pillaging, war, murder, sacrificing animals, child abuse etc.)
I definitely don't think it's acceptable reading for children.

Go with the abridged version:
[Image: godisacunt.gif]

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 3 users Like sporehux's post
20-05-2014, 06:34 PM
It's just a damn good thing it is fiction because the main character is a egocentric mass murderer far beyond any other novel written. If Mr. YHWH were a real guy he'd have been sentenced to serve a thousand lives in jail, that is if they didn't string him up by the nearest tree. A very immoral character to say the least.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
(20-05-2014 06:25 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 06:16 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  You made slaves out of people, like the africans and europeans you dragged from their homes in order to have slaves and then used the bible as justification.

I did?

You have any evidence for this claim?

"[Slavery] was established by decree of Almighty God...it is sanctioned in the Bible, in both Testaments, from Genesis to Revelation...it has existed in all ages, has been found among the people of the highest civilization, and in nations of the highest proficiency in the arts." Jefferson Davis, President of the Confederate States of America."

Jefferson Davis

"The right of holding slaves is clearly established in the Holy Scriptures, both by precept and example."

Richard Furman.

The slave owners used the bible to justify slaves.Drinking Beverage

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
(20-05-2014 06:18 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 05:46 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  From the answers, the most prevalent objection is that the Bible is a work of fiction.

For those that objected on this basis I now ask: what reason(s), and or evidence do you have to support this truth claim?

You were given a concise summary with linked support in the other thread you haven't bothered to even glance through.

You can't be bothered to watch a single video posted in this very thread.

Why would anyone waste time reposting it here for you, when you won't read it anyway?

Im not watching hours of youtube videos.

If you wanna do the whole video thing I could just post videos in response to videos.

If the Bible is so obviously fiction as some have claimed, and you all are so smart then what I ask should not be seen as unreasonsble.
20-05-2014, 06:36 PM
Jeremy, besides being totally ignorant of the Bible, you are a fucking liar. YOU promised in the OP to "deal with" people's "single biggest" objection. Now you turn it around on people, and demand evidence instead of doing what you promised, and say *they* are "making claims".

YOU asked for "objections".
YOU said you would deal with them.
Now you won't.

Lying for Jebus again, I see.
Please keep it up.
You do atheism more good than any of us could hope anyone might do.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 8 users Like Bucky Ball's post