Single biggest objection.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-05-2014, 06:37 PM
RE: Single biggest objection.
(20-05-2014 06:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 06:13 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I count five people who claim the Bible is a work of fiction.

This is a truth claim. It is a truth bearing statement and by virtue of this, the statement is either true or false.

The five of you need to put your heads together and come up with some evidence or proof to support this claim.

And bro don't get mad at me because you put your foot in your mouth and said more than what you can back up.

Prove to me that the Bible is fiction i.e. imaginary, made up etc etc.

And do not try to shift the burden to me. That does not count as support or proof for your claim.

Before you attack him I for one did make a positive claim. However the bad part for Jeremy is I included evidence in my post. Sorry bud can't hand wash away history archaeology geology seismology plate tectonics. All of which are proof that the history put in the bible is not what actually happened.

How does history prove the Bible is fiction?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-05-2014, 06:38 PM
(20-05-2014 06:13 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 05:53 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  We are not making a truth claim. We refute the truth claim made by the religious that the Bible is the word of God.

I count five people who claim the Bible is a work of fiction.

This is a truth claim. It is a truth bearing statement and by virtue of this, the statement is either true or false.

The five of you need to put your heads together and come up with some evidence or proof to support this claim.

And bro don't get mad at me because you put your foot in your mouth and said more than what you can back up.

And do not try to shift the burden to me. That does not count as support or proof for your claim.

Really? ... You're actually busting out a 'you mad bro?' HAHAHAA! Let me join in.

Standard shite Americanism comeback #357
Hey Jeremy, the 90s called, they want their online put downs back!

You're a funny guy Drinking Beverage

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
20-05-2014, 06:38 PM
(20-05-2014 06:34 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 06:25 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I did?

You have any evidence for this claim?

"[Slavery] was established by decree of Almighty God...it is sanctioned in the Bible, in both Testaments, from Genesis to Revelation...it has existed in all ages, has been found among the people of the highest civilization, and in nations of the highest proficiency in the arts." Jefferson Davis, President of the Confederate States of America."

Jefferson Davis

"The right of holding slaves is clearly established in the Holy Scriptures, both by precept and example."

Richard Furman.

The slave owners used the bible to justify slaves.Drinking Beverage

Hate to break it to you but I am not God nor have I ever owned slaves.
20-05-2014, 06:39 PM
(20-05-2014 06:38 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 06:34 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  "[Slavery] was established by decree of Almighty God...it is sanctioned in the Bible, in both Testaments, from Genesis to Revelation...it has existed in all ages, has been found among the people of the highest civilization, and in nations of the highest proficiency in the arts." Jefferson Davis, President of the Confederate States of America."

Jefferson Davis

"The right of holding slaves is clearly established in the Holy Scriptures, both by precept and example."

Richard Furman.

The slave owners used the bible to justify slaves.Drinking Beverage

Hate to break it to you but I am not God nor have I ever owned slaves.

Shocking

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
20-05-2014, 06:40 PM
(20-05-2014 06:37 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 06:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Before you attack him I for one did make a positive claim. However the bad part for Jeremy is I included evidence in my post. Sorry bud can't hand wash away history archaeology geology seismology plate tectonics. All of which are proof that the history put in the bible is not what actually happened.

How does history prove the Bible is fiction?

I provided links already go view them and refute their points if you can't be bothered to do so then we are done.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
20-05-2014, 06:40 PM
(20-05-2014 06:38 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 06:13 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I count five people who claim the Bible is a work of fiction.

Really? ... You're actually busting out a 'you mad bro?' HAHAHAA! Let me join in.

Standard shite Americanism comeback #357
Hey Jeremy, the 90s called, they want their online put downs back!

You're a funny guy Drinking Beverage

Red Herring. Evasion noted. You cannot support your claim.
20-05-2014, 06:41 PM
(20-05-2014 06:38 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  nor have I ever owned slaves.

Prove it. Drinking Beverage

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
[+] 2 users Like John's post
20-05-2014, 06:41 PM
Single biggest objection.
(20-05-2014 06:34 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 06:18 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  You were given a concise summary with linked support in the other thread you haven't bothered to even glance through.

You can't be bothered to watch a single video posted in this very thread.

Why would anyone waste time reposting it here for you, when you won't read it anyway?

Im not watching hours of youtube videos.

If you wanna do the whole video thing I could just post videos in response to videos.

If the Bible is so obviously fiction as some have claimed, and you all are so smart then what I ask should not be seen as unreasonsble.

Oh, I see. So you asked for evidence, then when the evidence is provided, you say you don't feel like examining it.

Ok George: How would you respond to the videos with videos if you refuse to watch the videos?

How would you know what to respond to?

Moreover, you've been repeatedly caught plagiarizing by copy-paste, and unable to respond to objections to your copy-pasta you were unable to answer because you didn't even bother to read it.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 2 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
20-05-2014, 06:43 PM
(20-05-2014 06:41 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 06:34 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Im not watching hours of youtube videos.

If you wanna do the whole video thing I could just post videos in response to videos.

If the Bible is so obviously fiction as some have claimed, and you all are so smart then what I ask should not be seen as unreasonsble.

Oh, I see. So you asked for evidence, then when the evidence is provided, you say you don't feel like examining it.

Ok George: How would you respond to the videos with videos if you refuse to watch the videos?

How would you know what to respond to?

lol im not watching four hours of youtube videos. the fact that no one can summarize what they contain makes me believe none of you guys have even watched em! rofl
20-05-2014, 06:43 PM
(20-05-2014 06:12 PM)sporehux Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 06:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  My single biggest objection is that the god described in the Bible is
"...arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

Thanks to Dr. Dawkins for those words. Smile

You could have just typed "cunt" instead of the definition of it.

Yabut, it's pure poetry. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post