Single biggest objection.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-05-2014, 06:43 PM
RE: Single biggest objection.
(20-05-2014 05:09 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 05:06 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  As some of you may be aware, I am a Christian. I and many other Christians point to the Holy Bible as one of the primary sources of knowledge regarding the God we worship.

I am aware that there may be individuals here who have objections to the contents of the Bible. For instance, some one here may object to the Bible's claim to be the word of God.

Some may object to the Bible's views on homosexuality.

These are just two examples.

In this thread I invite anyone who has an objection to the Bible to tell me what their single biggest objection is and if one particular objection is found to be more prevalent than others, I will attempt to address it.

Please state the objection and why it is your single biggest objection.

It's fiction.

BowingLaugh out loadBowing

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-05-2014, 06:43 PM
(20-05-2014 06:34 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 06:18 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  You were given a concise summary with linked support in the other thread you haven't bothered to even glance through.

You can't be bothered to watch a single video posted in this very thread.

Why would anyone waste time reposting it here for you, when you won't read it anyway?

Im not watching hours of youtube videos.

If you wanna do the whole video thing I could just post videos in response to videos.

If the Bible is so obviously fiction as some have claimed, and you all are so smart then what I ask should not be seen as unreasonable.

Try some proper English. It's "what I ask should not be seen as *reasonable*."
You go to college at all ? Sorry I insulted Biola with your name in the same sentence.
Stop asking your dishonest questions and START answering some.
Sorry if getting an education is too much for you ("hours of video"), but if an informed discussion is beyond you, and apparently it is, you may as well just STFU.
Troll.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
20-05-2014, 06:44 PM
(20-05-2014 06:41 PM)John Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 06:38 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  nor have I ever owned slaves.

Prove it. Drinking Beverage

that was kind of lame...

just sayin...
20-05-2014, 06:45 PM
(20-05-2014 06:32 PM)sporehux Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 06:26 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  That's a really hard choice. I don't have a problem with it being fiction. Most of the books I enjoy are either fiction or only based on true stories but not entirely accurate. I guess my biggest objection to the bible would be its promotion of violence (rape, pillaging, war, murder, sacrificing animals, child abuse etc.)
I definitely don't think it's acceptable reading for children.

Go with the abridged version:
[Image: godisacunt.gif]

Probably still not appropriate for children, but I'd give it a try. Is that a real book?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
20-05-2014, 06:45 PM
My biggest problem with the bible?

I need irrefutable evidence that the bible isn't a work of fiction before I can revere it!

Unfortunately, not even a single person who's ever made the claim that the bible is the word of god has provided me with that irrefutable proof I need to believe the things it says! Undecided No matter how many times they're asked to do so! Dodgy

[+] 5 users Like TheGulegon's post
20-05-2014, 06:46 PM
(20-05-2014 06:44 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 06:41 PM)John Wrote:  Prove it. Drinking Beverage

that was kind of lame...

just sayin...

I know. Fits the thread, though.

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
[+] 1 user Likes John's post
20-05-2014, 06:49 PM
(20-05-2014 06:44 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 06:41 PM)John Wrote:  Prove it. Drinking Beverage

that was kind of lame...

just sayin...

No more so than your intentional misconstruing of the post on slavery. Dodgy

You're not very good at this. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-05-2014, 06:49 PM
(20-05-2014 06:45 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  My biggest problem with the bible?

I need irrefutable evidence that the bible isn't a work of fiction before I can revere it!

Unfortunately, not even a single person who's ever made the claim that the bible is the word of god has provided me with that irrefutable proof I need to believe the things it says! Undecided No matter how many times they're asked to do so! Dodgy

yea.....you're just dying to believe the bible is the word of God....

you lie awake at night thinking about that one apologist who will find you and rescue you from your intellectual misgivings....

Dodgy
20-05-2014, 06:51 PM
(20-05-2014 06:49 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 06:45 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  My biggest problem with the bible?

yea.....you're just dying to believe the bible is the word of God....

you lie awake at night thinking about that one apologist who will find you and rescue you from your intellectual misgivings....

Dodgy

I think there are meds for psychotic delusions.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
20-05-2014, 06:53 PM
(20-05-2014 06:49 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  you lie awake at night thinking about that one apologist who will find you and rescue you from your intellectual misgivings....

I've never known a book to have hundreds of organizations set-up just to apologize for how bad it is, surely just a half star rating and an Amazon gift card would suffice.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 4 users Like sporehux's post