Single biggest objection.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-05-2014, 08:00 PM
RE: Single biggest objection.
(20-05-2014 07:56 PM)Leo Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 07:51 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  Peacock and Painwheel must be his angels then. I am okay with this.Angel

I thought we have a living god among us and his name is Chuck Norris. If you don't believe me read the Chuck Norris facts.

There is no chin behind Chuck Norris’ beard. There is only the quivering fear of gay marriage.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Chuck_Norris

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DemonicLemon's post
20-05-2014, 08:04 PM
FICTION for these (few out of many) points: talking reptiles, seven headed dragons, phony flood, living inside a fish, human turns into salt, heaven, hell, miracles and magic... and so on.

REPULSIVE for these (few out of many) points: slavery, rape, murder, virgins as a prize, sin, subjugation... and so on.

All addressed quite clearly to you in other threads.

So fuck off with your stupidity and delusional belief perseverance.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post
20-05-2014, 08:06 PM
(20-05-2014 07:51 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 07:36 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Well then I am wrong now, big band is god.

[Image: 248621-header.jpg]

Peacock and Painwheel must be his angels then. I am okay with this.Angel

That means Miss.Fortune is Jesus or Vishnu.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
20-05-2014, 08:12 PM
(20-05-2014 05:06 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  As some of you may be aware, I am a Christian. I and many other Christians point to the Holy Bible as one of the primary sources of knowledge regarding the God we worship.

I am aware that there may be individuals here who have objections to the contents of the Bible. For instance, some one here may object to the Bible's claim to be the word of God.

Some may object to the Bible's views on homosexuality.

These are just two examples.

In this thread I invite anyone who has an objection to the Bible to tell me what their single biggest objection is and if one particular objection is found to be more prevalent than others, I will attempt to address it.

Please state the objection and why it is your single biggest objection.

I guess I'll be the mature one and respond in a non condescending manner. Mine would be the age of the earth because it contradicts science. What is your opinion on this matter?
[+] 1 user Likes YourFaithIsDead's post
20-05-2014, 08:21 PM
I object to works of fiction that have been copied, changed, plagiarised, had entire sections, replaced or added and then passed off throughout the centuries as the work of a god.

I object to people being so gullible and stupid as to believe that something so obviously man made and riddled with immorality is something one should believe without question or supporting evidence.

Jeremy, what is your single biggest objection to rational thought & critical thinking ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
20-05-2014, 08:29 PM
(20-05-2014 08:06 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 07:51 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  Peacock and Painwheel must be his angels then. I am okay with this.Angel

That means Miss.Fortune is Jesus or Vishnu.

I'd go with Vishnu as she's not exactly aligned with Lab 8.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
20-05-2014, 08:43 PM
(20-05-2014 05:27 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I notice a trend.

I do, too. I notice denial.

You've got so much vested in your beliefs, you can't even fathom, let alone entertain, the idea of possibly of being wrong. As a result, your mind is like a sealed vault. Nothing is getting in. Nothing will threaten that which you hold so dearly.
[+] 3 users Like TheBear's post
20-05-2014, 08:44 PM
(20-05-2014 06:43 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  lol im not watching four hours of youtube videos. the fact that no one can summarize what they contain makes me believe none of you guys have even watched em! rofl

Right on. I understand your objection to evidence by youtube. Here's a link to the book on which those videos are based.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Bible-Unearthe...0684869136

Actually if you do a quick google search you can download a free pdf file of it. Might take more than four hours to read, but the book is a lot more involved than the videos are. It's a pretty enlightening read, but I have my doubts that you're into that sort of thing.

Since I have read the book, I'll summarize it for you:

The bible is fiction.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
20-05-2014, 08:47 PM
(20-05-2014 08:44 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 06:43 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  lol im not watching four hours of youtube videos. the fact that no one can summarize what they contain makes me believe none of you guys have even watched em! rofl

Right on. I understand your objection to evidence by youtube. Here's a link to the book on which those videos are based.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Bible-Unearthe...0684869136

Actually if you do a quick google search you can download a free pdf file of it. Might take more than four hours to read, but the book is a lot more involved than the videos are. It's a pretty enlightening read, but I have my doubts that you're into that sort of thing.

Since I have read the book, I'll summarize it for you:

The bible is fiction.

Inorite thought I would be nice and give him 150 years of biblical archaeology in 4 easy to watch youtube vids.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
20-05-2014, 09:15 PM
Single biggest objection.
Yes, but that assumes Jeremy-Poo wanting to learn things, when he much prefers ignorance.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post