"Sinner" Calls Criminalised

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2017, 06:28 AM
RE: "Sinner" Calls Criminalised
(23-09-2017 06:15 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(22-09-2017 09:30 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I think you mean...what did you say? Blink

It was a perfectly cromulent argument.

(23-09-2017 03:42 AM)Thinker Wrote:  As a warning, if you continue to ill-intend to me, I'll put you on ignore list.

Heavens to Mergatroyd!

> That phrase goes way back to 1959. From Wikipedia:

Snagglepuss is a Hanna-Barbera cartoon character created in 1959, a pink anthropomorphic mountain lion sporting an upturned collar, shirt cuffs and a string tie with a great desire to be a stage actor. He is voiced by Daws Butler, and is best known for his catchphrase, "Heavens to Murgatroyd!", along with phrases such as "Exit, stage left!" and "Heavens to Betsy!". Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post
23-09-2017, 06:29 AM
(23-09-2017 06:28 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(23-09-2017 06:15 AM)unfogged Wrote:  It was a perfectly cromulent argument.

Heavens to Mergatroyd!

> That phrase goes way back to 1959. From Wikipedia:

Snagglepuss is a Hanna-Barbera cartoon character created in 1959, a pink anthropomorphic mountain lion sporting an upturned collar, shirt cuffs and a string tie with a great desire to be a stage actor. He is voiced by Daws Butler, and is best known for his catchphrase, "Heavens to Murgatroyd!", along with phrases such as "Exit, stage left!" and "Heavens to Betsy!". Smile

Oh, yes, I am old enough to remember. sigh...

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
23-09-2017, 07:40 AM
(23-09-2017 03:16 AM)Thinker Wrote:  Anyways, I initially was hopeful that TTA forum would be my last bastion of humanity and until now it indeed has felt my best home. Now that I am only seeing hate-mongering attitudes towards me, I am now feeling gradually alienated - is that what you want me to go through, yes? I would be surprised if that is not so - but it has to come down to explicit consensus here.

If you're a sensitive person, on-line forums may be too rough-and-tumble for you. I would recommend at least placing people who annoy you too much on ignore. I personally ignore a long list of people who curse routinely.
23-09-2017, 07:51 AM
(23-09-2017 07:40 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(23-09-2017 03:16 AM)Thinker Wrote:  Anyways, I initially was hopeful that TTA forum would be my last bastion of humanity and until now it indeed has felt my best home. Now that I am only seeing hate-mongering attitudes towards me, I am now feeling gradually alienated - is that what you want me to go through, yes? I would be surprised if that is not so - but it has to come down to explicit consensus here.

If you're a sensitive person, on-line forums may be too rough-and-tumble for you. I would recommend at least placing people who annoy you too much on ignore. I personally ignore a long list of people who curse routinely.

Does bad language upset you that much then ?
23-09-2017, 08:02 AM
(23-09-2017 07:51 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(23-09-2017 07:40 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  If you're a sensitive person, on-line forums may be too rough-and-tumble for you. I would recommend at least placing people who annoy you too much on ignore. I personally ignore a long list of people who curse routinely.

Does bad language upset you that much then ?

I guess I'm showing my age. I think it's lazy and disrespectful, and sometimes hateful as well.
23-09-2017, 09:21 AM
(23-09-2017 08:02 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(23-09-2017 07:51 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Does bad language upset you that much then ?

I guess I'm showing my age. I think it's lazy and disrespectful, and sometimes hateful as well.

Oh man, you would absolutely hate being a passenger in my car, my swearing is legerdemain Shocking
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post
23-09-2017, 09:34 AM
(23-09-2017 07:40 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  

I'm surprised I am not on the list...or maybe I am... Consider

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-09-2017, 10:21 AM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2017 10:28 AM by Thoreauvian.)
(23-09-2017 09:34 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(23-09-2017 07:40 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  If you're a sensitive person, on-line forums may be too rough-and-tumble for you. I would recommend at least placing people who annoy you too much on ignore. I personally ignore a long list of people who curse routinely.

I'm surprised I am not on the list...or maybe I am... Consider

Not yet. Or maybe you were and I took you off again. Sometimes I check what people say later and give them second or third chances.

I tend to be very indecisive.
Consider
23-09-2017, 11:49 AM
(23-09-2017 07:51 AM)adey67 Wrote:  ... Does bad language upset you that much then ...

It's not a matter of upset so much as a matter of disappointment; the correspondent whose posts drip with invective has abandoned credibility and isn't worth engaging, lessening the opportunities for discussions that challenge the mind.
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
23-09-2017, 04:26 PM

I no longer see most of you as humans anymore because of all this such almost entirely unpredictable adversity.

At least, I plead that you spare me some littlest peace possible if you could muster your littlest to nil efforts to do so.
Oh boo hoo hoo! Cry me a fucking river!

Try taking some responsibility for your own bullshit instead of pointing fingers at everyone else who is merely reacting to the stinking pile. And I'm not buying your psychosis lie. Many years ago, I worked for several years with people who really had psychoses and, from what I see, you're nothing but a troll. You started a post and, as soon as people disagreed with you, you claimed you were just being sarcastic. What a complete load!

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post