Sinner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2012, 12:32 PM
RE: Sinner
Here is where things are going to get interesting. *Covers ears and

closes eyes as prepares for inevitable rain of bullets*
1. I am not too well studied so I am not familiar with Augustine or with

Palagius. Though it is my itent to learn of them.

2. Eschatologically? Well, this is going to sound sad....maybe even pathetic, but that is not a term I am familiar with. Enlighten me?

3. Creation....now that is something I am wanting to well...explore more extensively. I do not believe in Evolution. So I am not an Evolutionary Creationist. Then I am horrible with labels so, guess the best way to answer is

to tell you what I do believe.

I believe God made the earth and in His time. This...from what I have come to understand, though there may be room for error here, that a day to God can be like thousands of years to man. Otherwise, I still have a long way to go.
So yes, you are dealing with a literal Bible Dunce or Baby. Have been taught a number of things, but am truly wanting to find the truth for myself in terms of lots of things that are commonly debated.
Wow....okay....that said....
*Runs for cover*
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like AnotherSinner's post
29-03-2012, 12:37 PM
(29-03-2012 12:32 PM)AnotherSinner Wrote:  Here is where things are going to get interesting. *Covers ears and

2. Eschatologically? Well, this is going to sound sad....maybe even pathetic, but that is not a term I am familiar with. Enlighten me?

3. Creation....now that is something I am wanting to well...explore more extensively. I do not believe in Evolution. So I am not an Evolutionary Creationist. Then I am horrible with labels so, guess the best way to answer is

I believe God made the earth and in His time. This...from what I have come to understand, though there may be room for error here, that a day to God can be like thousands of years to man. Otherwise, I still have a long way to go.
So yes, you are dealing with a literal Bible Dunce or Baby. Have been taught a number of things, but am truly wanting to find the truth for myself in terms of lots of things that are commonly debated.
*Runs for cover*

Good, then I am not the only one who doesn't understand KC's gobbledygook!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
29-03-2012, 12:44 PM
(29-03-2012 12:32 PM)AnotherSinner Wrote:  Here is where things are going to get interesting. *Covers ears and

*Runs for cover*
Aww you're so cute Blush I think I'm in love. Just relax, take a deep breath and SURRENDER YOUR SOUL TO SATAN Evil_monster Noooooooooooooo! Loves us she does Gollum. Wants to save ussss. Mustn't givessss her to the dark Lord.

Sacrifice KC instead. Nassssty theist that he is. Tricked uss he did. Yeeeessss.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
Quote:Definition of ESCHATOLOGY
1: a branch of theology concerned with the final events in the history of the world or of humankind

2: a belief concerning death, the end of the world, or the ultimate destiny of humankind; specifically : any of various Christian doctrines concerning the Second Coming, the resurrection of the dead, or the Last Judgment
Source: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/eschatology
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post
(29-03-2012 11:16 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(29-03-2012 11:12 AM)Dom Wrote:  Welcome. Big Grin

Obviously I am not christian, I don't even know what most of that means.
eschatological sounds pretty rude
You're thinking of Scatological, which still sums up KC's beliefs. Big Grin

Welcome, AnotherSinner, it's about time we had more sinners around here. I was afraid this place was turning out to be a Church Potluck with all the good feeling going on around here!

He's been doing a lot of that tricksy stuff lately. It may be time to send in the seagulls.
(29-03-2012 12:44 PM)morondog Wrote:  

*Runs for cover*
Aww you're so cute Blush I think I'm in love. Just relax, take a deep breath and SURRENDER YOUR SOUL TO SATAN Evil_monster Noooooooooooooo! Loves us she does Gollum. Wants to save ussss. Mustn't givessss her to the dark Lord.

Sacrifice KC instead. Nassssty theist that he is. Tricked uss he did. Yeeeessss.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
29-03-2012, 12:52 PM
(29-03-2012 12:44 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  He's been doing a lot of that tricksy stuff lately. It may be time to send in the seagulls.
Seagulls aren't very effective judging by the fact that you're so damn cheerful. Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
29-03-2012, 12:53 PM
Augustine

Particularly:

Quote:After his conversion to Christianity and baptism in AD 387, Augustine developed his own approach to philosophy and theology, accommodating a variety of methods and different perspectives.[8] He believed that the grace of Christ was indispensable to human freedom, and he framed the concepts of original sin and just war.

Quote:Influence on Protestant reformers

While in his pre-Pelagian writings Augustine taught that Adam's guilt
as transmitted to his descendants much enfeebles, though does not
destroy, the freedom of their will, Protestant reformers Martin Luther
and John Calvin affirmed that Original Sin completely destroyed liberty (see total depravity).

And more comprehensively...
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
29-03-2012, 01:01 PM
As you've expressed a low amount of actual knowledge do you understand the difference between evolution and natural selection? You might not realize this as a lot of people in the anti-darwin camp do not, but evolution is not in essence natural selection. It's possible that what you disagree with is the process which Darwin suggested evolution happens not evolution itsself.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
29-03-2012, 01:04 PM
(29-03-2012 12:44 PM)morondog Wrote:  

*Runs for cover*

LOL I read the whole think in Gollum speak.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like germanyt's post
29-03-2012, 01:04 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2012 01:10 PM by kineo.)
Pelagius

This section talks about the difference between the two- Augustine and Pelagius. Click on the quoted text to see the full text.

Quote:Pelagius and the doctrine of free will
This unreferenced section requires citations to ensure verifiability.

After his acquittal in Diospolis, Pelagius wrote two major treatises which are no longer extant, On Nature and Defense of the Freedom of the Will. In these, he defends his position on sin and sinlessness, and accuses Augustine of being under the influence of Manicheanism by elevating evil to the same status as God and teaching pagan fatalism as if it were a Christian doctrine.

Augustine had been converted to Christianity from the religion of Manicheanism, which stressed that the spirit was God-created, while the flesh was corrupt and evil, since it had not been created directly by God. Pelagius argued that Augustine's doctrine that humans went to hell for doing what they could not avoid (sin) was tantamount to the Manichean belief in fatalism and predestination, and took away all of mankind's free will.

Pelagius and his followers saw remnants of this fatalistic belief in Augustine's teachings on the Fall of Adam, which was not a settled doctrine at the time the Augustinian/Pelagian dispute began. Their view that mankind can avoid sinning, and that we can freely choose to obey God's commandments, stand at the core of Pelagian teaching, and comes through even in the writings of Pelagius's opponents. However, a careful reading of Pelagius's own statements indicates that he believed that God's grace assists all right action.

An illustration of Pelagius' views on man's "moral ability" not to sin can be found in his Letter to Demetrias. He was in the Holy Land when, in 413, he received a letter from the renowned Anician family in Rome. One of the aristocratic ladies who had been among his followers, Anicia Juliana, was writing to a number of eminent Western theologians, including Jerome and possibly Augustine, for moral advice for her 14-year-old daughter, Demetrias. Pelagius used the letter to argue his case for morality, stressing his views of natural sanctity and man's moral capacity to choose to live a holy life. It is perhaps the only extant writing in Pelagius' own hand, and it was, ironically, thought to be a letter by Jerome for centuries, though Augustine himself references it in his work, On the Grace of Christ.
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post