Sinner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2012, 12:57 PM
RE: Sinner
(30-03-2012 12:47 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Why do the theologians rarely decide that the description of animals was an inappropriate cultural thing? Come on King it's easier to simply suggest that everything is important, and humans are simply the part that is able to spread everything to the culmination. Why is everyone so focused on being better than everything else that exists? Why not view god's image as animate? That would definitely fit quite well, especially if angels are supposed to be made in god's image. You've read revelations, they look nothing like humans.
Image doesn't mean "look like". Things that are made in God's image take a likeness of God and His attributes.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2012, 01:02 PM
So why do humans have to be seperated then? The term animate is not an appearance it's a description of that something is alive. I understood what you meant to begin with and my reasoning still stands.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
30-03-2012, 01:04 PM
(30-03-2012 01:02 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  So why do humans have to be seperated then?
They don't "have" to be.

God chose us to be.

If God chose dolphins, they would be having this conversation right now.

30-03-2012, 01:06 PM
(30-03-2012 01:04 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(30-03-2012 01:02 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  So why do humans have to be seperated then?
They don't "have" to be.

God chose us to be.

If God chose dolphins, they would be having this conversation right now.
Which goes to show what a ridiculous belief system it is to begin with.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
30-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Why do you say god chose you to be seperated? Why not say that the book was written for humans and therefor describes them in contrast to everything else? Lets look at audiences shall we. A book written for another species would also to a large extent focus on that species. I don't see why you can argue against alot of rather simplistic views expressed by the cultural barriers of the times and miss such a simple one.

This was the view that as a 6 year old I heavily contested. I would've probably been religious for a while if you could get past silly things like this. There is no need for humans to be the center of the universe.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
30-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Maybe, I'm not understanding the question.

Everything doesn't center around humanity. It centers around Christ. Humanity's point was for Christ to fulfill His purpose. Humanity isn't primary.

30-03-2012, 03:22 PM
(29-03-2012 07:43 PM)AnotherSinner Wrote:  Going to sound crazy...but I am going to try to forgive what happened at WCF. Do feel that here, I am more accepted, so hoping to stick around...if that is okay?
Just watch out for the vulgar hairless talking monkeys. They're vulgar. And hairless.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
30-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Christ is outside of the universe. The universe is all what was made for humans according to your faith. By center of the universe I mean exactly that, the point that everything exists for.

[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
31-03-2012, 02:01 PM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2012 02:02 PM by AnotherSinner.)
(30-03-2012 12:47 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Why do the theologians rarely decide that the description of animals was an inappropriate cultural thing? Come on King it's easier to simply suggest that everything is important, and humans are simply the part that is able to spread everything to the culmination. Why is everyone so focused on being better than everything else that exists? Why not view god's image as animate? That would definitely fit quite well, especially if angels are supposed to be made in god's image. You've read revelations, they look nothing like humans.

That is where, I think, a lot of the error occurs with the issue of God's image. There is nowhere that states that it has to do with God's physical appearance. Think you are really onto something Lilith!
(30-03-2012 03:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-03-2012 07:43 PM)AnotherSinner Wrote:  Going to sound crazy...but I am going to try to forgive what happened at WCF. Do feel that here, I am more accepted, so hoping to stick around...if that is okay?
Just watch out for the vulgar hairless talking monkeys. They're vulgar. And hairless.
Why GirlieMan, I do believe you are trying to scare me?! LOL! Will try to see what I can do. Do they like bananas too?
[+] 2 users Like AnotherSinner's post
31-03-2012, 07:36 PM
I'm sure if you keep talking here you'll hear a lot of interesting insights. This is a good place to find information, just accept that it won't all be what you want to hear.