Sir Roger Moore passes away

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2017, 10:06 AM
RE: Sir Roger Moore passes away
He'll always be my Bond. Sad day.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
23-05-2017, 10:43 AM
Oh damn. My dear Simon Templar - the only Saint I could ever believe in. Angel

Sheesh! After reading through his health history, this guy was a fighter!
Check this out:

Quote: Moore suffered from a lifetime of physical ailments. He nearly died of pneumonia at the age of five, and had a series of childhood diseases (including chickenpox, jaundice, measles, and mumps). He an infection of his foreskin at the age of eight and underwent a circumcison, and had his tonsils and adenoids removed in his teens. While filming Live and Let Die, he became addicted to amphetamines in an attempt to lose weight, but swiftly kicked a burgeoning addiction by turning to exercise.

Moore suffered bouts of kidney stones in 1961 while filming Gold of the Seven Saints, again in 1973 while filming Live and Let Die, and again in 1979 while filming Moonraker. He incurred an on-the-set injuries to his front teeth and knee while making Live and Let Die, suffered light arsenic poisoning during the filming of Gold in 1974, and came down with shingles while filming the 1977 film The Spy Who Loved Me.

In 1993, Moore was diagnosed with prostate cancer, and underwent successful surgery for the disease.

Moore collapsed on stage while appearing on Broadway in 2003, and was fitted with a pacemaker.

Moore suffered from a life-threatening bout of pneumonia again in early 2012. He was left so weakened from the illness that he had physical therapy to learn to walk again.

Moore was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes in 2013, which left him unable to drink alcohol.

His family announced his death in Switzerland from cancer on 23 May 2017.

He suffered "light arsenic poisoning?!" in 1974 and then, lives nearly another forty years before being forced to stop drinking. Lucky bastard. Thumbsup Rest well, indeed.

And look at that...
[Image: Sir%20R%20Moore_zpsori735tq.jpg]
Even in his last year, he still managed to have that charming twinkle in his eye. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
23-05-2017, 10:56 AM
Fuck, us Brits are having our asses served to us today, RIP my favourite Bond. Sad
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
23-05-2017, 11:22 AM
To me, being a kid of the 50s, Roger Moore will always be "The Saint" (with apologies to George Sanders).....

[Image: 5616b5bedc615bbec670b696ffb5f149.jpg]

[Image: a6eacc9a2ce44dd27c4f65953548421d.jpg]

RIP Sebastian Tombs.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
23-05-2017, 12:53 PM
(23-05-2017 10:56 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Fuck, us Brits are having our asses served to us today, RIP my favourite Bond. Sad

You guys really are. Heart Hug

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
23-05-2017, 01:34 PM
Peace. Rest in Peace.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
23-05-2017, 01:56 PM
Awe man... I hate to hear that. He was "my" James Bond since he was bond when I was growing up. I remember going to see Moonraker when I was 9 with my grandfather. I loved bond films back then when I was a kid. It's a shame that he got some flack for being Bond but I don't care... He was "my" Bond.

RIP my friend. I'll always have fond memories of you.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
23-05-2017, 02:34 PM
Sad to hear he passed away. I'll remember him as The Saint. He also did great work for UNICEF. I nearly told him to fuck off once, on the phone. I worked for a car hire firm, the European market including Switzerland. A call came through and the voice at the other end said " Hello, I'm Roger Moore, I need a car..." Now, my brother does a great impersonation of Roger Moore so assumed it was he and I was about to tell him to fuck off when Mr. Moore gave me a membership number and all his details came up on the screen. We had a chat. He was very nice, he heard my Irish accent and we talked about Dublin etc......R.I.P.
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
23-05-2017, 03:16 PM
(23-05-2017 08:50 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  As if this week wasn't garbage enough, we loose another legend along the way.

Sir Roger Moore, best known for his James Bond movies and his stint as "The Saint" prior to that, was one of my favourite Bond's. Camp at times, but just the right amount of tongue-in-cheek for me.

RIP Roger, "Nobody does it better". Weeping

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40018422

> I saw quite a few of Roger Moore's movies and TV appearances. I never liked him as James Bond, however. I will always remember him as The Saint. Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post
23-05-2017, 04:05 PM
(23-05-2017 03:16 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(23-05-2017 08:50 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  As if this week wasn't garbage enough, we loose another legend along the way.

Sir Roger Moore, best known for his James Bond movies and his stint as "The Saint" prior to that, was one of my favourite Bond's. Camp at times, but just the right amount of tongue-in-cheek for me.

RIP Roger, "Nobody does it better". Weeping

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40018422

> I saw quite a few of Roger Moore's movies and TV appearances. I never liked him as James Bond, however. I will always remember him as The Saint. Thumbsup

He was sooooooooo good looking in The Saint. I've only seen a few reruns, but damn, he was one handsome devil. Yum.

[Image: roger-moore-the-saint-810x584.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.