Sister site down?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2015, 05:36 AM
RE: Sister site down?
Link exchange, I don't trust that or this sister concept. Seems too familia grande to me.

This place is a community, it's been fought over and decided so via threads N whatnot

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
09-04-2015, 07:02 AM
(08-04-2015 04:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 04:32 PM)Little Lunch Wrote:  I think it's cause Stimbo went on strike and somehow he broke the Internet.

Sounds legit. Let's go with that. Thumbsup

Well, the strike was my suggestion initially, though I wasn't the first to down tools. At least in this context.

Spending your life waiting for the messiah to come and save the world is like waiting around for the straight piece to come in Tetris. Even if it comes, by that time you've accumulated a mountain of shit so high that you're fucked no matter what you do.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-04-2015, 07:31 AM
(08-04-2015 07:11 PM)SteelCurtain Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 02:37 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Drippy's not smart enough for that.

Not to do it himself, but to have some kid from church do it... I think so.

I don't know if Drippy is the cause behind AF's temporary inaccessibility but it sounds like something an angry, narcissistic person would do.
09-04-2015, 07:37 AM
Maybe...

God has finally decided to shut us up :O

Well, partly anyway. He's out of practice.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-04-2015, 08:12 AM
I haven't been there in a bit, but tried today, and rec'd that error message too. Not sure I've ever seen that error message, ever...anywhere. What does it indicate? Unsure

Be true to yourself. Heart
09-04-2015, 08:15 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2015 08:23 AM by Full Circle.)
(09-04-2015 04:31 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Out of interest, how many theists regulars do you have here? And how many of them are interested in honest debate?

We have about 8 on AF would you say? Maybe a little more. Very few seem to be interested in honest debate.

Hey Rob, I have noticed that at AF some theists stick around for a long time, not so much here other than KC. I was taken aback when Fr00do was ousted from AF recently, I thought he might show up here but no sign of him yet.

We mostly get two types of theists here, the driveby kind, 1 or 2 posts and gone. And then the ones I think of as “shooting stars”, they burn brightly for a couple of hundred posts in a very short time then poof, they disappear.

Right now the two longest running theists are Q and Call_of_the_Wild, the latter is having a one on one with Dark Phoenix in the Boxing Ring if you want to check that out.

I have found that most of the time theists come in here and commit a major faux pas right off the bat thus garnering an immediate pile on and guaranteeing a brief stay. These are:

1. I’m here to tell you what and how you think and why you’re wrong. (Becasuse as we all know we just love to be lumped together in one big generalization).
2. I’m here to prove that God exists using science. (Even though I don’t understand a word of it).
3. I’m here to copy-pasta since I don’t have an original thought in my head.

I’m sure I’m missing a few points but I think that covers 98% of them.

And then there was this guy, my all-time favorite, I miss him...
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-am-Christ
don’t let your head explode as you read about the glass sphere. Laughat

(post #110 is a doozy)

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 6 users Like Full Circle's post
09-04-2015, 08:59 AM
(09-04-2015 07:31 AM)Nope Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 07:11 PM)SteelCurtain Wrote:  Not to do it himself, but to have some kid from church do it... I think so.

I don't know if Drippy is the cause behind AF's temporary inaccessibility but it sounds like something an angry, narcissistic person would do.

Angry and narcissistic you say? Consider Sounds like my kind of bro, where is this cunt?
09-04-2015, 09:08 AM
(09-04-2015 08:59 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Sounds like my kind of bro, where is this cunt?

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/User-Drich

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
09-04-2015, 09:09 AM
Oh well, looks like I'm back to being the only angry narcissistic in the village.
09-04-2015, 09:17 AM
FC, thank you for the laugh. Post 110 sorta made my head spin and I was not risking falling over by reading it twice. Wow... but I did, however like the boxing match suggestion and how each contestant was described. That was fun.

Damn you people. I'm really starting to like it here.
[+] 3 users Like Judi Lynn's post