Sister site down?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2015, 11:57 AM
RE: Sister site down?
(09-04-2015 11:37 AM)Maratiga Wrote:  
(09-04-2015 11:33 AM)Alex K Wrote:  Well come on over. Although, maybe England would suit you more?

I was thinking Norway, what with all the studying for free they've got over there. But you know, plans keep changing. Deutschland is kind of closest, but the language... Tongue

Why not Scandinavia, sure! Who cares whether it's close, Norway is close enough. How 'bout Iceland. Þat language is just beautiful

Quantum Physics: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2015, 12:01 PM
(09-04-2015 11:53 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  I'm wondering if the guys here are behind it all, trying to poach members...

[Image: inconceivable_princess_bride.png]
[+] 2 users Like apophenia's post
09-04-2015, 12:05 PM
(09-04-2015 11:57 AM)Alex K Wrote:  
(09-04-2015 11:37 AM)Maratiga Wrote:  I was thinking Norway, what with all the studying for free they've got over there. But you know, plans keep changing. Deutschland is kind of closest, but the language... Tongue

Why not Scandinavia, sure! Who cares whether it's close, Norway is close enough. How 'bout Iceland. Þat language is just beautiful

Iceland. Yeah, that's nice, too. Freedom of movement is a beautiful thing. Can't be bothered to do another language along with studying my ass off, though. So maybe it will be the UK after all. So many internet people to visit there, too!
09-04-2015, 12:06 PM
(09-04-2015 11:43 AM)apophenia Wrote:  This is like, a bummer, man.

Look on the bright side, you rub elbows with us for a few days and we all get to meet and greet and do the secret hand shake.

This is kinda like an Episcopalians going over to the Methodist services just to see what that's all about cause your church is being remodeled (hopefully it'll be back in "service" shortly).

I imagine for many of you it feels like when I drop by AF. You don't have the history with people so you feel like a newbie, worried that you don't know the undercurrents and private references...sort of a bit lost.

Well, here's the good news, get the fuck over it and jump right in. Big Grin

By way of introduction I'm FC (Girly calls me the Circumference). Ex-Catholic, underwater photographer, citizen scientist, Scuba instructor, boat captain, fish geek, in my 50's (fuck that), male and TTA has been home for over two years. I'm also Full Circle in AF with about 100 posts over there.
I like quips and have zero tolerance for theistic bullshit.

I also look very ruggedly handsome judging by the pic by my bed...wait...I forgot to take the photo that came with the frame out, never mind. Blush

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 6 users Like Full Circle's post
09-04-2015, 12:13 PM
Meh... I like both places myself, but you are right about not having the history with others on here etc. But I do love it here. I only joined AF in mid-March but I have over 500 posts there. Apparently I talk A LOT. Big Grin

Who knows... maybe both sites will enjoy joint custody of me. Half my time here. Half my time there.
[+] 2 users Like Judi Lynn's post
09-04-2015, 12:19 PM
(09-04-2015 11:53 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  I'm wondering if the guys here are behind it all, trying to poach members...

Pssst, Moms, he knows too much.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
09-04-2015, 12:32 PM
[Image: the_crimson_permanent_assurance.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes apophenia's post
09-04-2015, 12:38 PM
AF.org seems back up.
[+] 1 user Likes Cthulhu Dreaming's post
09-04-2015, 12:38 PM
...and suddenly it got so quiet in here Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Maratiga's post
09-04-2015, 12:39 PM
Nice to meet all you guys, this is a great forum Smile

I'm some sort of life long atheist. I'm lucky to be free of religious hassle as I'm in England where religion is weak sauce. I recently became very aware of all the crap religion was causing worldwide, how much it was screwing things up in the states and even worse in the East.

So I wanted to do my bit to try and support fellow atheists worldwide, and to challenge theists to give their beliefs a proper examination. Between us we managed to get a creationist on AF to abandon that and to accept evolution, I was really pleased about that. He's still very into jesus, but his outlook has become much more liberal and he seems to feel better for it too.

How does it feel to have some true atheists visit? Big Grin

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post