Sister site down?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2015, 07:11 PM
RE: Sister site down?
(08-04-2015 02:37 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Drippy's not smart enough for that.

Not to do it himself, but to have some kid from church do it... I think so.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2015, 08:04 PM
Did I cut the wrong wire? I changed my mind at the last second like in the movies.

Maybe I didn't use the most subtle tool for the job Tongue

Hi guys! It appears someone has been a very bad gateway and won't be receiving any gate biscuits or codpieces today.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Robvalue's post
08-04-2015, 08:12 PM
(08-04-2015 05:29 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 03:57 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Where is this civilized country you speaketh of?

It's Austria. There was a recent poll showing that only 46 percent believe in an afterlife, 19 percent in heaven and even less in hell.

But it's true for most or Europe.

I must visit someday when I’m too old to swim. I’ve been to Europe three times but have not made it to Austria yet, I tend to avoid landlocked countries.

Congrats on being the majority, something that won’t be happening in the US for several centuries to come.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
08-04-2015, 08:36 PM
(08-04-2015 07:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 06:20 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Nothing good will come of this merger.

I missed another memo. Who is calling for a merger? Fucking earmuffs.

A federation on the other hand makes a great deal of sense. All it would take is a link from thethinkingatheist.com/forum to "If you think it's fucking boring here you should go check out atheistforums.org." And a reciprocal link from atheistforums.org saying "If we can't answer your questions here please refer them to thethinkingatheist.com/forum." Drinking Beverage

How can we form a federation with a non-functioning site?
Clearly it is a merger because once those from AF see how much greener our grass is they wont want to go back, thus they have merged into us.

Just to be clear for the AF folk, the order goes as follows:

Yellow - Seth
Orange - Me
Admin - Momsbb
Assistant Admin - Stark
Superdouche - Deep
Mods - DLJ, Dom, The Cat, The Nazi
TTA Members - Us
Other TTA Members - Trainwreck
AF People - You guys
Poo Brown Members - Woof

So as long as we can keep to that hierarchy than we shouldn't have any problems.
[+] 7 users Like earmuffs's post
09-04-2015, 02:01 AM

A federation on the other hand makes a great deal of sense. All it would take is a link from thethinkingatheist.com/forum to "If you think it's fucking boring here you should go check out atheistforums.org." And a reciprocal link from atheistforums.org saying "If we can't answer your questions here please refer them to thethinkingatheist.com/forum." Drinking Beverage

"If you can't stand the people here anymore, ...

erm, never mind."

Quantum Physics: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
[+] 2 users Like Alex K's post
09-04-2015, 02:05 AM
I'm cool with that hierarchy.

The only reason I've spent almost all my time on AF rather than TTA is because I stumbled upon it first when looking for a place to settle. I'm sure if I'd have come across this one first, this would be my home.

I've found keeping up with two forums to be too much for me, so I'm only an infrequent visitor here. Sorry about that. Feel free to call me names.

(Yes, yes, victory shall be mine)

What? I didn't say anything.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
09-04-2015, 04:31 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2015 04:46 AM by Robvalue.)
Out of interest, how many theists regulars do you have here? And how many of them are interested in honest debate?

We have about 8 on AF would you say? Maybe a little more. Very few seem to be interested in honest debate.

09-04-2015, 05:04 AM

I recommend a link exchange between the two forums. We should run it by the powers that be.

Not just saying this because it would be the right thing to do if we want to give atheism a push in the search engines (have it appear under more semi-related keywords) , or the kind thing, if we want to give doubters as much material to peruse as possible, but because it would serve a selfish purpose for each forum - the google gods will smile on us all and uplift our spirits, erm, I mean keywords we use in posts will emerge among the masses and float to the top of searches, giving each forum more exposure.

Just the humble opinion of your local SEO person. The two sites are the perfect match to please google if we install long term, unblocked, embedded links.

I would like to run this by Seth.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
09-04-2015, 05:23 AM
I think it would be a great idea! Smile

09-04-2015, 05:34 AM
I added my website to my signature, hope that's OK.